Author Topic: Yeah or Neah: 40. Kelvin Moore  (Read 2520 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yeah or Neah: 40. Kelvin Moore
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
Kel Moore is next up.

Kel has played just 24 games in total since making his debut under Spud in 2004 - 9, 6, 2 and 7 in those four years. During most of his time at Tigerland he has been setback by injury although 2007 has been basically injury-free for Kel. 13 games at Coburg on top of the 7 for Richmond this year with the Sheedy-Hird farewell game his best by far.

Anyone willing to give Moore another year or time to move on?

Gordon Bennett

Re: Yeah or Neah: 40. Kelvin Moore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »
Prior to this season I thought he had the ability but just couldn't stay injury-free to allow him a decent run at it.

This yr he's had a good run with injury, but couldn't win his spot back in the side for a long part of the season. He finished well, but was that  enough?

I'd like to keep him, but the reality is that we have to open up spots for new draftees and upgraded rookies. Therefore, whether he stays or not will depend a lot on whether Graham gets kept as a rookie, and how many picks we take in the drafts. I think Krak and Harts will go + 4 retirees = if we need a 7th person to go, it's Kelvin for mine. It may also depend on what happens in the trade period, with players and picks coming and going.

On shaky ground. More likely to go than stay.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »
Can't keep everyone - toodle ew

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
Keep for mine.
showed the benefit of his injury free time at Coburg this year.

Played well against Essendon when given his chance and gave a creditable performance against the Saints.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:47:53 AM »
It doesn't look good for Kel. With 3 rookies being promoted to replace most of the retirees spots means 4-5 more spots need to be freed up on our list. Agree with GB that after Harts and Krak, Kel is probably next in line.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »
Granted his last 2 games were probably his best but....

As CUB said we cannot keep all ...

He'd be in the danger zone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »
Well Kel is doing his best to stay on an AFL list. Probably too late though for us. 

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:53:51 PM »
Kelvin, Kelvin, Kelvin.

Where was this resolve and domination at the start of the year.  Too little too late for me by may be kept because of the spate of tall guys retiring.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kel Moore - Taking it to another level (RFC)
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 05:58:27 PM »
Taking it to another level
4:53 PM Tue 11 September, 2007
By Greg Lange,
for richmondfc.com.au

THE COBURG Tigers will be hoping for a repeat of Kelvin Moore’s best-on-ground performance against Port Melbourne last week as they prepare to tackle in-form Williamstown in this weekend’s second preliminary final.

Moore, collected 21 possessions and took two outstanding marks in Coburg’s 70-point win, and will once again be required to play a key role in restricting Williamstown’s well-rested forwards.

While match-ups are yet to be decided, Moore says he and his teammates, including 11 other AFL-listed players, will be doing everything in their power to get over the line, and move one step closer to the trophy.

“They [Williamstown] are a great side and have been playing well lately, but we beat them earlier in the year, so we do not see why we can’t do that again,” said Moore.

“The guys down at Coburg are a great bunch of guys, and it is good to be a part of it. And when you can see there is a grand final opportunity, you do everything in your power to get your hands on it.”

As well as the “possibility” of grand final success with his teammates at Coburg, this weekend’s game also serves as another opportunity for Moore to impress coaches of AFL affiliate Richmond, who are sifting through their list in preparation for the up coming NAB AFL draft and subsequent 2008 AFL assault.

“As far as the Richmond coaches go, my season is not over yet, and it is the same for the other listed players who are in the team.

“All the coaches see it as another game of football and look very closely at individual performances,” he said.

The injury-plagued Tiger hopes his efforts with Coburg and his strong end to the season in the AFL will set him up for a bumper 2008.

The 23-year-old, who has played 24 games since being elevated from Richmond’s rookie list in 2004, acknowledges he must reproduce his VFL efforts at AFL level if he is to become a regular member of the Richmond side next year.

“I think it is about playing with confidence and not doubting yourself at whether you can take that into AFL level,” he said.

It’s something Moore was able to do in his round 21 game against Essendon, collecting 15 possessions and six marks in arguably his best performance for Richmond.

“The quicker you can become comfortable at AFL level the quicker you can become a better player and be able to contribute to the team,” he said.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=50943

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »
I guess he is staying then.  :-\

That would say to me Meyers papers have been stamped.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 02:13:40 PM »
Stays on the list for 1 more year.

We have an abundance of flankers but with Hall and Gaspar going we are light on for tall defenders.

Kel will stay ahead of the Meyer's, Hartigans & Howats of the list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »
Kelvin, Kelvin, Kelvin.

Where was this resolve and domination at the start of the year. 
We're asking the same question today. Kel in the bests for Coburg again.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 04:48:39 PM »
very tidy game today from kel, a case of too much too late it seems  :P

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 09:29:49 PM »
Can I change my mind ?
Has been very good last couple of weeks - even at VFL level has been a lot better than most.
Why so long  :banghead
Another year.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 09:44:08 PM »
Keep Kel for me.
He has played well the last couple of weeks both at VFL and AFL levels.
McGuane surprised us in the last few weeks of the season with his development,
so has Kel IMHO. Unfortunantely the season did not go on for a few more weeks at AFL level to endorse this but his efforts at VFL level prove he is above that standard.
He may be a late developer keep. There are others on the fringes who have struggled at this level and at AFL who don't deserve another crack. We have invested so much time in him I feel the dividends of that will be collected from now on. Definitely keep.