Author Topic: Age article on Ottens - "a better deal with each passing moment (for Geelong)"  (Read 9865 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Black, thank you for proving my point you nutter. :lol he played nearly every game this year :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Black, thank you for proving my point you nutter. :lol he played nearly every game this year :lol
:lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Still believe we won out of the Ottens trade in terms of who got what for what (Before drafting).

2 first round draft picks for a guy who wanted out of a club and was going through an ACL rehab.
Its just a shame we had a bunch of retards who were in charge of drafting at the time.

Who would you call a modern day Ottens. Shane Mumford? Todd Goldstein?
Would you rather Pick 12 and Pick 16 or either one of these players.

Give me the draft picks every single day of the week. We should have 2 B+ graders of 150+ AFL games each our list thanks to Ottens departure but we stuffed that up with deplorable recruiting.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Not really deserving of its own thread but Ottens has a video clip reflecting his first AFL game (our R1 1998 win over the Bombers). There's some footage from the game included.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/125705/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Still believe we won out of the Ottens trade in terms of who got what for what (Before drafting).

2 first round draft picks for a guy who wanted out of a club and was going through an ACL rehab.
Its just a shame we had a bunch of fools who were in charge of drafting at the time.

Who would you call a modern day Ottens. Shane Mumford? Todd Goldstein?
Would you rather Pick 12 and Pick 16 or either one of these players.

Give me the draft picks every single day of the week. We should have 2 B+ graders of 150+ AFL games each our list thanks to Ottens departure but we stuffed that up with deplorable recruiting.

we won out you reckon popey :lol, do you realise we were offered Brent Moloney and corey enright, and miller scoffed at the prospect...lord knows how many flags we would have WON :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
yeah man. Moloney and Enright would have won us flags :lol

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

Let's be very clear, we were offered Stevie J and J Bartel. Whichever way you look at it, we stuffed up the deal no fault of Meyers or Pattison nor Bartel or Stevie J nor Ottens.

Just RFC fools running the club att
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
no argument there. but i dont think any two players would have come in and won us a flag...especially with Wallet running the show

Jackstar is back again

Brad left Punt Rd as he wanted to play in a premiership team and wanted more money.
Source= his family

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Don't forget Stevie J looked like being a talented loose cannon who never got the best from himself until Geelong pulled him into line with an intra club suspension.

I suspect if he had come to RFC he wouldn't have gotten the best out of himself.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Don't forget Stevie J looked like being a talented loose cannon who never got the best from himself until Geelong pulled him into line with an intra club suspension.

I suspect if he had come to RFC he wouldn't have gotten the best out of himself.

Relton Roberts style ;D ;D

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Relton Roberts style ;D ;D

I reckon you can mount a far argument that Relton at Geelong is now a 35 game 100 goal forward with a Premiership.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

the claw

Let's be very clear, we were offered Stevie J and J Bartel. Whichever way you look at it, we stuffed up the deal no fault of Meyers or Pattison nor Bartel or Stevie J nor Ottens.

Just RFC fools running the club att
nope it was just maloney and 16. the rfc did not want moloney and insisted we get another 1st rnd pick.geelong then off loaded him to melb.
i know bartel was offered up in trade to the eagles at one stage but cant remember the details.

okay i think geelong were very smart they said to themselves if you dont have a pic in the top 6 or 7 you could end up with nothing so they traded out of what has to be the worst draft of all time.
if we had people in charge who knew what they were doing 2004 would not have been the yr we traded good players for draft picks.
have a look at this list.

8 meeson.
9 russell.
10 egan
11 thomson
12 meyer
13 bate
14 monfries
15 dunn
16 pattison
17 mcqualter
18 wood
19 willits
20 polo
21 murphy
22wells
23 rusling
24 van berlo
25 hartlett
26 little
27 garner
28 gibson
29 rosa
30 lee. 13 of 22 are gone and the rest are average at the best. not just richmond but every side struggled

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Claw, papers say what they say, in this case the truth is different. No matter, we don't win a flag whichever way you look at it.

Anyways, here we are 2012 with nothing to show for the Ottens deal.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
no argument there. but i dont think any two players would have come in and won us a flag...especially with Wallet running the show

thats precisely it davey, you THINK, you dont know...I'll tell you one thing we would have won a whole lot more games than what we chalked up over the journey :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled