Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95180 times)

Ramps

Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
BF saying Melbourne has taken pick 4 off the table. If that was true then they'd have no chance of getting Judd. Eagles fans saying they've heard Judd for picks 4, 21 and Travis Johnstone or Judd for picks 4 and 6 (which Melb would get from Bombers for McLean).

I just hope we stay out of it.

We cant stay out of it, we have to be in there mixing it up ... keeping it confused for all the others whilst we keep focused on a strategy. For example, it seems the Demons are pinning hopes of sending robertson to the dogs...for 5 id rather we offer Schulz and 19 to the dogs for 5 ... now that would cause some confusion for those at Footscray and Melbourne.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2007, 07:58:47 PM »
What I meant Ramps that we don't actually help with the trade trading away pick 2. By all means we should try to turn trade week into a pig's breakfast ;).

The picks 4, 21 and Johnstone trade is growing legs. If Johnstone isn't involved then James Frawley to the Saints and picks 4, 9 and 21 to the Eagles in exchange for Judd to the Dees.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2007, 08:04:56 PM »
Why would st kilda give away 9 for frawley?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »
Why would st kilda give away 9 for frawley?
It could be garbage but the Saints do need tall defenders plus there's the surname.

The picks 4, 21 and Johnstone for Judd trade is the one growing legs but if another club puts to the Eagles a better offer then things could all change.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2007, 05:48:30 AM »
The press today have stayed clear of yesterday's rumour. Melbourne saying they know nothing while Carlton are still confident they will snare Judd.

MELBOURNE chief executive Steve Harris said last night the club was no closer to knowing which club Chris Judd was leaning towards playing with next season.

"There's nothing to report, despite all the rumours," Harris said. "We're hoping (to find out) next week because it's trade week the week after."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/dees-wait-to-see-where-judd-jumps/2007/09/28/1190486571661.html

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann said the club remained confident of snaring Chris Judd.

Swann refused to discuss who the Blues will give up to snare Judd. But West Australian Josh Kennedy is firming as the likely candidate for any trade deal, along with pick No. 3 in the national draft.

It's almost certain the Blues will not consider any request from the Eagles for controversial forward Brendan Fevola.

Swann said the club would not be devastated if Judd chose Collingwood, with Melbourne and Essendon now considered outside chances to land the midfielder.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22501096%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2007, 04:21:46 AM »
Decision looms for Judd
30 September 2007   Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Ralph

WEST Coast superstar Chris Judd says he has yet to make a decision on his football future after mid-week surgery he believes was overwhelmingly positive.

While Judd denied a rumour he had chosen Melbourne, he said he would make his selection from the Demons, Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon in coming days.

Judd said he had been told by surgeon Neil Halpin, after the adductor release surgery on his groin, his speed would remain explosive.

"The surgeon assured me it is not going to hurt my speed," he said. "It is probably about eight weeks until I am ready to go again. It's a pretty good result and it shouldn't hold me back too much next year."

But clubs expect he will identify a potential home by Wednesday at the latest.

"I have had a few things going on - I have been up in Sydney and had my groin chopped up and I am trying to tie up a few loose ends. In the next week or so, I will come to some kind of decision."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22505309%255E19742,00.html

Ox

« Reply #306 on: September 30, 2007, 04:25:36 AM »
translated means,
i have a lot of sh it going on right now and if i cant decide on a club next week,then I will enter the PSD....Now leave me TF alone!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: September 30, 2007, 06:29:01 PM »
Ch 7 reckons there'll be a 3-way trade b/w Melb, WC and Sydney

Picks 4, 11, 21 to West Coast

Travis Johnstone + another Demon to Sydney

Judd + a Swan (possibly Jolly) to Melbourne

Ramps

« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2007, 06:38:42 PM »

Why are West Coast seemingly so desperate for pick 2? Everywhere im reading they are dying for pick 2 lol. And the reason im asking is if they get 4 11 and 21 they have 13  they would have 4 picks inside the top 21 thats not bad at all. Why do they want pick 2.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #309 on: September 30, 2007, 06:54:53 PM »

The Swans get screwed if that was the trade. They lose a decent ruckman + pick 11 for a 27-year-old outside runner + another Demon ???.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #310 on: September 30, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
The Swans get screwed if that was the trade. They lose a decent ruckman + pick 11 for a 27-year-old outside runner + another Demon ???.

Does Melbourne have anyone else old enough that the Swans would want?  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2007, 12:21:58 PM »
From the Demons - if Carlton get him I swear "I'll spew up"

Club CEO Steve Harris said: "Chris' management advised us this morning that Chris had been somewhat surprised by the quality of our club presentation and strategies, and it was a difficult decision. However the club's training facilities at Junction Oval and the need to train at a variety of grounds over summer was an issue.

“It's well known that new state of the art facilities are due for completion at Olympic Park within 2 years, but we do have this comparative disadvantage.

"While it is very disappointing that Chris will be playing elsewhere next year, the club ought to be quietly satisfied that it had got itself from being a rank "no hope" outsider to being very competitive in the pursuit, and ahead of many clubs who failed to even get his attention.

Ramps

« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
timing is everything, Judd will most likely now select Collingwood, Collingwood will offer something like 12 and Brown coz Browns brother is at the Eagles ... WCE will say no ... they'll fight over it, at some stage of the proceedings we should ring West Coast and offer Pick 2 for Judd.

Aim- do a deal with eagles for judd straight out, do a deal with west coast p2 for Morton and WCE for Judd into PSD where we take him pick 1, force Collingwood to deal properly with WCE or us ... to get an early pick ... we could turn the whole trade period into a brothel lol.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #313 on: October 01, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
Essendon have now confirmed that they have also been told "thanks but no thanks"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »
Yep Judd has said no to Melbourne and Essendon according to SEN. Which means Carlton and Collingwood are his preferred clubs.