Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94967 times)

Bull

Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #480 on: October 06, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
Get off your arse Miller and get Judd to Punt Road.

Imagine first game of the season on Good Friday, Richmond vs Carlton and Judd runs out in the yellow and black.

All those Carlton choko's will be bleeding :thumbsup

Come on Miller, you can do it  :thumbsup

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #481 on: October 06, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »
If Carlton have removed pick 20 from their original offer and are now offering only pick 3 + Kennedy (which is a joke) then hopefully that's a sign a deal b/w the Eagles and Carlton is even further away than ever before. Judd's manager making his own demands sounds like a display of desperation. Like the Eagles will cave into that pathetic offer 3 days out from the deadline.

For us to get Judd in the PSD we need a split to develop between the Eagles and Judd's manager and Carlton. Along the lines that the Eagles say well if you don't help us get what we want (decent compenation) then your client doesn't get what he wants (his preferred club Carlton). Well we can dream  :pray until a deal is done.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: October 06, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »
It's gonna be interesting to see what happens ....

What are we up to is what I want to know :rollin :rollin

BTW I think it is fair to say KB is back at the Club and embracing it...  lov ya work Kev :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #483 on: October 06, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
ive been proud of the effort, from the wackers on bigfooty who started the rumours ... theyve made carlton supporters get paranoia, to KB firing up and revving up the richmond scenario, to richmonds admin who are keeping there mouths shut and letting people lose there nerve coz no one knows what theyre planning.

its been great stuff.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: October 06, 2007, 11:23:02 PM »
ah the A.C.C.C will get him, he aint squeaky clean Mr Pratt, im sure the CFC would be run exactly the same.

Elliott and Pratt two peas in a pod.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #485 on: October 07, 2007, 01:34:55 AM »
Eye of the Tigers on Blues-Eagles' Judd deal
Martin Boulton | October 7, 2007

RICHMOND officials won't be holding their breath when trade week starts tomorrow, but they will be closely monitoring negotiations between Carlton and West Coast over Chris Judd.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said the Tigers expected Carlton to seal the Judd deal, but would remain "an interested bystander" as talks unfold.

"We're interested for a number of reasons, we're interested in who has No. 1 (in the national draft) and what that means for our No. 2 pick."

The Tigers also have the No. 1 pick in the pre-season draft and could snare the Brownlow medallist, widely regarded as the best midfielder in the competition, in the unlikely event that the Blues failed to strike a deal.

"If no deal is done (between Carlton and West Coast), we'd have to see what price is on his head and whether we could afford it," Miller said.

"(But) we haven't been contacted by Carlton and we don't expect to play a major role in this."

After nominating Carlton as his preferred club next season, former Eagles captain Judd hopes a deal can be done within 36 hours of the trade period starting.

West Coast has said it wants Carlton's prized No. 1 and No. 3 picks in the national draft as part of the Judd deal.

But the Blues have ruled out giving up pick one, and have instead offered pick three and 22-year-old tall forward Josh Kennedy — the No. 4 pick in the 2005 national draft.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eye-of-the-tigers-on-judd-deal/2007/10/06/1191091429448.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #486 on: October 07, 2007, 01:47:37 AM »
Eagles weaken on Blues' No.1 pick
Sunday Herald Sun | Scot Palmer and Kim Hagdorn | October 07, 2007 12:00am

CHRIS Judd was lobbying for his release at West Coast's best and fairest award on Friday night as the Eagles showed the first signs of flinching in a standoff with Carlton.

Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett hinted yesterday for the first time that his club might drop demands for Carlton's cherished first pick in next month's national draft.

Carlton, where Judd wants to play, could engage Richmond to assist in the former Eagles captain's passage to the Blues.

The Blues could deal in draft swaps with the Tigers and, in return, Richmond would not take Judd with its first pick in the December draft for uncontracted players.

If that happens, the Eagles will get nothing for Judd.

"Naturally, we want the first pick," Nisbett said.

"We think Chris Judd is the best player in Australia and we think it is only fair to get fair full compensation for losing him."

But Nisbett admitted the Eagles were aware of looming prospects that Carlton and the Tigers could deal to lockout West Coast.

"We understand Richmond and Carlton might put their heads together and they might construct a deal," he said.

"I hope that doesn't happen because we don't think that is in the spirit of the draft."

Nisbett also revealed that West Coast would be willing to deal direct with Richmond in a deal for Judd that would suit the Eagles and Tigers.

"We know Richmond are keen to deal with us," he said.

"We'll talk to them on Monday and see what prospects there are there.

"I know Chris doesn't want to go to Richmond, so we'll try and do a deal with Carlton.

"Carlton might come back with something other than pick three that satisfies us."

Carlton could be satisfied in trading its third pick and promising WA key position player Josh Kennedy, who started with East Fremantle.

"It doesn't matter, it could be a combination of picks and players," Nisbett said.

"We are interested in Josh. He's the poor player that has been bandied around and he signed a new contract earlier this year and he may not necessarily want to come home.

"He is a West Australian boy and a good young player."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22544580-11088,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #487 on: October 07, 2007, 06:22:07 AM »
Two conflicting articles. One says the Eagles are thinking of caving out of fear of Carlton and us shafting them via the PSD and in the other Miller says he hasn't been contacted by Carlton and we aren't expecting to play a role in any deal. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: October 07, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »
2 points

1/ if we help the bues to get judd, milelr should f the right off! no way should we do anything to help the blues. the only way i would help carlton get judd is of the blues give us pick 1 and 3 so we would have 1,2,3 in the draft!  why the f should we help those scum

2/ if its true that judd definately does not want us, f him too, if this is the case then we should screw any deals to put pressure on the blues  to give us what we want!

on a side note, maybe just pick 3 from carlton may also just be ok, then we get both morton and cotchin, that would keep mt and myself happy ;D

but as mt said, the articles dont make sense, and if its true that judd has said he does not want us, why have the eagles said and admitted they have spoken to us and are happy to trade with us and without us giving us picks. my source also told me that this is the case , i posted it yesterday and this articles proves that miller wont give up pick 2 so my source may be on the money.
Nisbett also revealed that West Coast would be willing to deal direct with Richmond in a deal for Judd that would suit the Eagles and Tigers.

"We know Richmond are keen to deal with us," he said.

"We'll talk to them on Monday and see what prospects there are there.

im sure and certain we wont trade pick 2 cos miller has said all along we wont and in this article he maintains this stance
Richmond football director Greg Miller said the Tigers expected Carlton to seal the Judd deal, but would remain "an interested bystander" as talks unfold.

"We're interested for a number of reasons, we're interested in who has No. 1 (in the national draft) and what that means for our No. 2 pick."

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #489 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »
I just dont understand why GM hasnt put any pressure on the Blues at all.
Is he stupid or what. Just come out and say to the Eagles ill give you guys pick 2, cogs and whoever else.
Not that he means it but this will force the blues hand into relinquishing that pick 1.

As i can see now, the eagles will take 3, 20 and kennedy and we play another small roll in the revival of those money hungry, premiership buying **** get up off ur behind miller and do something
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:10:29 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: October 07, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Is he fckin stupid or what. Just come out and say to the Eagles ill give you guys pick 2, cogs and whoever else.

Not that he means it but this will force the blues hand into relinquishing that pick 1.

As i can see now, the eagles will take 3, 20 and kennedy and we play another small roll in the revival of those money hungry, premiership buying c-untsget up off ur behind miller and do something

With all due respect, how would you know what he has done!?
EAT EM ALIVE!

« Reply #491 on: October 07, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »
Is he  stupid or what. Just come out and say to the Eagles ill give you guys pick 2, cogs and whoever else.

As i can see now, the eagles will take 3, 20 and kennedy and we play another small roll in the revival of those money hungry, premiership buying **** get up off ur behind miller and do something

With all due respect, how would you know what he has done!?

How very polite.

8)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:16:04 PM by one-eyed »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: October 07, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
look its just sour grapes on my behalf cause of the whole buddy vrs tambling pick.
that was miller'c recruiting that closed that deal wasnt it.

if im wrong i stand corrected
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:13:55 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #493 on: October 07, 2007, 11:26:08 AM »
i wonder what GM would say after reading Daniels post lol  ;D

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #494 on: October 07, 2007, 12:23:22 PM »
One and half pages of crap. Drop it already please

Lets get back to the point. Can we get Judd and if so how?    :gotigers

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!