Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94963 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #465 on: October 06, 2007, 01:44:46 AM »
Don't help Blues: Bartlett
Steve Butler | October 6, 2007 | The Age

RICHMOND legend Kevin Bartlett has urged his old club to ignore any trade deal to help arch-enemy Carlton get Chris Judd and do whatever it can to lure the former West Coast captain to Tigerland.

Bartlett said the club should use its second pick in the national draft if the Eagles and the Blues could not break a negotiation deadlock on who should own the first selection.

The five-time club champion said the club should not consider helping such a bitter rival win the services of the game's best player if it had its own chance of securing him.

"I don't think the Tigers should be getting into bed helping Carlton get Chris Judd — they should be getting him themselves," Bartlett said.

"If Richmond's got the financial backing and the room in their salary cap and they've got the second draft pick, I think it should be all guns blazing. He'd mean a lot to the Tigers — he'd be great for promotion, he'd be good for marketing, he'd be great for membership. He brings a lot of things to the table."

Richmond football director Greg Miller said this week that the club had not chased a trade deal involving getting Judd to Punt Road Oval. But if the 2004 Brownlow medallist got through to the pre-season draft, the Tigers had room in the salary cap and the financial backing to be able to take him with their first pick.

The Age understands West Coast remains open to a trade deal with Richmond if Carlton refuses to part with its No. 1 pick in the national draft.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/dont-help-blues-bartlett/2007/10/05/1191091368179.html

Right on queue KB.  :thumbsup  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #466 on: October 06, 2007, 01:51:01 AM »
Digby Beacham must be on the Carlton pay roll i think.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #467 on: October 06, 2007, 01:56:14 AM »
Carltons big Hotels deal where they were gonna get profits from heaps of hotels has died in the behind. Werent they gonna make millions from that venture?

Blues' $500m pokie deal collapses
Cameron Houston | October 6, 2007

A $500 million deal by Carlton Football Club to purchase a swag of Victoria's most profitable poker machine venues has collapsed and could jeopardise the financial recovery of the debt-ridden club.

The failed acquisition also raises questions about Carlton's ability to finalise one of the biggest on-field deals in AFL history — the recruitment of star player Chris Judd.

The former West Coast champion is believed to have been impressed by Carlton's off-field revival and is expected to command a salary of more than $1 million a season, if the club can successfully negotiate with the Eagles next week.

But Judd is believed to have been unaware the multimillion-dollar deal had soured when he chose the Blues as his preferred club this week.

Mr Swann said the failed venture would not damage the chances of signing Judd.

Full article at: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/blues-500m-pokie-deal-collapses/2007/10/05/1191091368152.html

Ox

« Reply #468 on: October 06, 2007, 02:17:07 AM »
Divine Interventions Froars :thumbsup :bow

Ox

« Reply #469 on: October 06, 2007, 02:24:48 AM »
I guess I'm a lot more like KB than i thought....

That's the sort of stuff I wanna hear.

Screw Carlton man,ffs!

We used to bandy the word,"ruthless" around,back in the GR days...

Let's fu ckehn get this done boys.

LMAO@ Pratts attempt at outsourcing pokies not getting the nod.
Guess a lot of people hate ya mate. :rollin

KB is on the bugs bunny.
As i said,what have any of these SOBs evr done for us?

Moi

« Reply #470 on: October 06, 2007, 06:37:15 AM »
It's happening  ;)  :rollin
Well done lads  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 07:41:15 AM by Moi »

Ramps

« Reply #471 on: October 06, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »
i wonder if judd and conners knew about this hotel fiasco? how are they gonna pay for judd? sure PRATT... but if i was judd id just make sure that in the contract, pratt signs up as a guarantor for Carlton.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:56 AM »
Can I just run this theory by you blokes, I dont think it has been mentioned before on how to get a good deal.

I dont know why I thought of it but why dont Richmond and WCE reach a deal and forget about Judd.

WCE take 3, 20 and Kennedy.

And since the WCE seem so keen on Cotchin how about a little shenanigan like this. . . .

WCE give up Mitch Morton on the very cheap and we in-turn agree to pick Cale Morton at 2 so WCE get Cotchin @ 3.

Its a winner since it seems we will pick Cale at 2 anyway, but we get Mitch for free as well.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »
Can I just run this theory by you blokes, I dont think it has been mentioned before on how to get a good deal.

I dont know why I thought of it but why dont Richmond and WCE reach a deal and forget about Judd.

And since the WCE seem so keen on Cotchin how about a little shenanigan like this. . . .

WCE give up Mitch Morton on the very cheap and we in-turn agree to pick Cale Morton at 2 so WCE get Cotchin @ 3.

Its a winner since it seems we will pick Cale at 2 anyway, but we get Mitch for free as well.  :shh

its a good theory and i have already suggested this. and yesterday it was rumored on monday the first trade that will happen is mitch morton for a 3rd or 4th rnd pick.
mitch has already stated on perth radio that he wants to come to richmond to play with his bro , so i fig that we have already told cale we will get him with pick 2

judd imo will only be ours if he falls to the psd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: October 06, 2007, 09:50:40 AM »

its a good theory and i have already suggested this. and yesterday it was rumored on monday the first trade that will happen is mitch morton for a 3rd or 4th rnd pick.
mitch has already stated on perth radio that he wants to come to richmond to play with his bro , so i fig that we have already told cale we will get him with pick 2

judd imo will only be ours if he falls to the psd

Interesting, but if we trade for Mitch on Monday we have shown our cards already.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: October 06, 2007, 10:00:24 AM »
i heard whipsers that the wce are willing to trade judd to rfc for 2 players and not any draft picks. wont mention the players offered but my source tells me that wce would do this and shove it up carlscum if they dont offer pick 1

so we may get judd for nothing or judd for 2 players  :shh

lets hope carlscum keep f up

blx

« Reply #476 on: October 06, 2007, 02:11:43 PM »
wanna tell us who they want ... or atleast pm us lol.
only Foley and Deledio...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #477 on: October 06, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »
It's happening  ;)  :rollin
Well done lads  :thumbsup

In a small way this can be payback to those cheasting bastards for 1982 Grand Final should Judd come to Punt Rd. :clapping

Let the bastards suffer.
They haven't even got their house in order . :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Now lets finish the payback by ensuring these feral beasts stay at the foot of the table forever and a day. :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #478 on: October 06, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #479 on: October 06, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
 :chuck

Blues cash in on arrival of Judd
By Chip Le Grand, The Australian, October 06, 2007

WHATEVER you read over the next seven days, know this: Chris Judd will be at Carlton next year. The deal with West Coast is not done but nor will it be undone by any trade-week nonsense.

West Coast knows this to be true and so do the Blues. And so does the most sought-after player in Australian football.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann puts a conservative value of $1 million on that photo-opportunity alone. Just imagine what will happen when Judd starts playing. Or when Carlton actually starts winning games.

Rob Mills, the chief executive of Gemba, a sports, media and entertainment consultancy, has studied the Carlton brand and describes it as the "most underperforming franchise in the AFL".
"Now we have snared the best player in Australia," Swann said.

Not quite yet, West Coast would point out. But soon enough.

Full article at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22539099-23211,00.html