Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95251 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2007, 10:47:13 PM »
but Richmond are keen on Morton  :shh

we hold the keys to whether or not the Weagles get Morton

If they really really want Morton we can force their hand
But what happens if the Eagles take Cotchin instead with pick 2? Hell if they get 1st pick off Carlton they could take Cotchin as first pick leaving Kreuzer to us.

If we take Morton ahead of Cotchin I'll be doing this ->  :banghead. Morton is 192cm yet weighs only 75kg. Just what we need - another skinny kid :-\. I know Miller rates both in the top 3 but I would say this "we're after Morton" talk is forum gossip rather than hard fact  ;).

if they can't keep judd they wouldn't even dream of taking another vic kid, way too risky that they leave as well
They would if the kid was a ready to go midfielder and helped win them another flag as Judd did. From the Eagles viewpoint this is an opportunity to add another a top 5 kid to their list along with a good player they structurally need (Fev) on top of the picks they already have. It'll keep them up near the top of the ladder.

Braun, Hansen, Selwood, Wirrpanda and Rosa are all Victorians. Only Rosa has been talked about as heading home along with Judd but he didn't leave last year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2007, 10:50:07 PM »
SEN news was saying us, Carlton and Melbourne are now the favourites with Carlton having offered Judd $7.5 million over 5 years  :o.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2007, 10:55:58 PM »
but I don't think Cotchin is the weagles priority, from what I heard all they want is Morton

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »
SEN news was saying us, Carlton and Melbourne are now the favourites with Carlton having offered Judd $7.5 million over 5 years :o.

if judd is that greedy he is not worth it.

Would sign him at 750 K at most

its just that no player is worth that ridiculous amount of money

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2007, 11:00:52 PM »
So now they have Pratt they are going to cheat again - AFL would not wanna carlscum to make a mockery of all this

Moi

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2007, 11:07:13 PM »
SEN news was saying us, Carlton and Melbourne are now the favourites with Carlton having offered Judd $7.5 million over 5 years  :o.
How to stuff your club up in one easy lesson.
I hope they get him for that lol
And this is the club that the AFL is giving help to.  Why do they get help when they can just open their cheque book  ::)
Gonna be some juggling act with their salary cap - AGAIN  ::)

Moi

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2007, 11:09:01 PM »
So now they have Pratt they are going to cheat again - AFL would not wanna carlscum to make a mockery of all this
The AFL now has Mike Fitzpatrick on the commission - Carlton will get away with whatever they like.  Just hope it bites them on the bum!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2007, 11:17:25 PM »
Not that you want any footballer to go down with a serious injury but the Blues will be totally screwed again paying that amount of dough if Judd's injury isn't so easily fixed by off-field surgery or he cops another serious injury.  That kind of money is almost 1/5th of the salary cap  :o (although there'll be a marketing component which doesn't count towards the cap).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »
but I don't think Cotchin is the weagles priority, from what I heard all they want is Morton
True bluey.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2007, 11:29:21 PM »
Thought it would be unusual for a club captain to walk but a few have in fairly recent times.

Carey (NM) 2002, Colbert (Geel) 1999, Hogg* (Rich) 1993, Cloke :( (Rich) 1983.

*Did Jeff Hogg walk or did the club decide to trade him?

Any others?

I think Chris Bond was delisted at Freo, so was marched out rather than walked.  :-\
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2007, 11:51:41 PM »
Was Jezza captain-coach when given the flick by the Blues after winning the 79 flag?

Malcolm Blight sacked McDermott and McGuiness who were captain and VC of the Crows when he became coach of Adelaide.

*Did Jeff Hogg walk or did the club decide to trade him?
Just say with his quad problems and Richo arriving at Tigerland, the club wasn't too disappointed to see Hoggy head to the Roys in exchange for Brodders, Mick Gale and Dundas.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »
Yeah, I think Jezza and the 2 crowgropers got the flick. I was thinking more of captains walking out.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2007, 04:13:08 AM »
Richmond football director Greg Miller said he would meet Connors on Wednesday.

Miller said he had spoken yesterday to coach Terry Wallace and president Gary March, but the club hadn't decided whether to chase Judd.

"We think he is an absolutely outstanding player but you have to weigh up his price, where we are going and his value," Miller said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22429188%255E20322,00.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2007, 04:15:52 AM »
from the Age:

Judd's manager Paul Connors said his superstar client had no desire to enter the pre-season draft, where he could be selected by Richmond or Carlton, with West Coast getting nothing in return.

"You can never get compensated for someone like Chris Judd, but hopefully all parties are fair and something will be resolved," Connors said. "I can't categorically confirm that (he won't enter the draft), but I can categorically confirm that would not be Chris Judd's wish."

Richmond — might not even be in the market.

The Tigers, who have pick two in the national draft and pick one in the pre-season draft, appeared nervous about making a commitment last night. "I just have to wait 24 hours or 48 hours before I can answer that question because we need to sit down and discuss the pros and cons," Richmond's director of football Greg Miller told The Age.

"There's a lot to it. A lot to it. The cons are the costs you have to give up, what it does to your TPP (total player payments) for other players and where that lays … and what commitment you've given to a generation of young players."

If they don't commit, the Tigers will join at least three other clubs on the sidelines. The Kangaroos, the Western Bulldogs and Geelong yesterday ruled themselves out.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eagles-want-top-picks-for-judd/2007/09/16/1189881340792.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:18 AM »
from the Age:

Judd's move is likely to be particularly complicated, with the player wishing to find a club that not only satisfies West Coast's requirements but also meets a considerable personal wish list.

He is understood to favour a club likely to play finals immediately, can provide ample remuneration, as well as offer him vocational opportunities once he finishes playing.

Sources close to Judd indicated yesterday that Collingwood and Hawthorn might figure highly on his list of preferred clubs. He is believed to be impressed by the young, talented playing lists at the two clubs.

One club confident it will make a major play is Essendon. Not only does it have pick six, it has a host of talented young West Australian players — Patrick Ryder, Scott Gumbleton and Leroy Jetta among them — who would appeal to the Eagles as part of a package deal.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eagles-want-top-picks-for-judd/2007/09/16/1189881340792.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1