Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95253 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »
apparently one of the reasons for his leaving is to do with cousins situation and how the eagles have handled it or more the case how they havent handled it, now i would think in the hawks case with whats gone down in the last few months, it wouldnt appeal to Judd.

i reckon the blues and the demons might be in with a show, particulary the demons considering they have pick 4 and apparently this is the club that he barracked for as youngster.

god can you imagine Gaddy Lyon what a mess.

Tigermonk

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2007, 10:47:15 AM »
Judd is a Demons supporter Garry Lyons love child

FooffooValve

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2007, 11:32:09 AM »
Absolutely no way that Judd would want to come to Richmond. But we may be able to leverage something out of the deal — eg Schulz and pick2 to Carlton (on traded to WC), Fev and pick 3 to us (don't get silly, just an example). I reckon that will be Miller's style — hang around the edges and snip something out of the deal.

My tip is Melbourne for Judd.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2007, 11:37:41 AM »
judd wont be at tigerland.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
And we certainly don't need Fevola even as a gimme :chuck

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2007, 12:34:47 PM »
Our pick 2 could become extremley valuable during this deal, make no mistake I believe we are in this deal up to our eyeballs, we wont necessarily get Judd, but what are we going to get offered for that pick.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
as someone else said shake the tree hard enough dont know what will fall out of it.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »
Our pick 2 could become extremley valuable during this deal, make no mistake I believe we are in this deal up to our eyeballs, we wont necessarily get Judd, but what are we going to get offered for that pick.

Exactly, Kreuzer is a certain number 1 by the sounds of it.

If West Coast desperately want Cale Morton, then Judd's nominated team must at least get pick 2 or 3. The ball is in our court, because even if West Coast get pick 3, they are still no certainty to get Morton.

Another point, is the AFL going to ever give clubs the opportunity to trade future first round picks?

I think the NBA do it, for example Carlton could give pick 3 to West Coast and their first round picks for 2008 and 2009.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2007, 02:19:26 PM »
We're in a win, win and win situation.

We could get something really good for pick 2 (Collingwood board offered Rusling and Maxwell lol). Start with Scott Pendlebury and we'll listen.

If we don't, then we keep pick 2.

No deal done, we take Judd in the PSD. Deal done, we keep 1 in the PSD and hopefully not draft Knobel Mk II.

I don't know what the third win is for, I got carried away.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2007, 02:28:03 PM »
as someone else said shake the tree hard enough dont know what will fall out of it.

stay tuned rogerd3   :shh

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »
Mark Robinson said on SEN that a little birdy told him it's out of Carlton and Collingwood.

He and Mark Doran ruled Richmond out as we have pick 2 and only Foley to offer which we wouldn't do and Judd won't walk into the PSD. Robbo then said why would Judd want to go to Richmond who are 3-4 years away while in the same breath he said Carlton will rise next year with Judd and as well as Stevens back. A Tiger supporter picked him up on it yet Robbo stuck to saying Carlton are ahead of Richmond.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2007, 02:32:23 PM »
Mark Robinson said on SEN that a little birdy told him it's out of Carlton and Collingwood.

He and Mark Doran ruled Richmond out as we have pick 2 and only Foley to offer which we wouldn't do and Judd won't walk into the PSD. Robbo then said why would Judd want to go to Richmond who are 3-4 years away while in the same breath he said Carlton will rise next year with Judd and as well as Stevens back. A Tiger supporter picked him up on it yet Robbo stuck to saying Carlton are ahead of Richmond.

robbo is a dill of the highest order, more like a little birdy shat on the lard ass.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2007, 02:36:10 PM »
well all the talk last year was the lack of trade deals done and what a waste of time it was, something tells me that this year could be a toally different story.

let games begin :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »
Everytime a big name is out of contract, the Pies are always named as favourites to get them but they never do. Browny, Stevens, Gehrig, Jonathan Brown, etc all didn't go to the Collingwood. The Pies will end up with pick 14 or 15 which isn't what the Eagles want so they'd need to trade for a top 10 pick first before they could make a offer for Judd.

Geelong is unlikely as it isn't a Melbourne club and doesn't have an early pick either. The Gold Coast talk would count out the Roos.

The Hawks would be in the running as they are just hitting their peak but as another club without a top 10 pick, the Eagles may ask for WA boy Buddy.

In the end it's Judd who'll decide which club he wants to go to and the Eagles will have to make it happen if they want something in return. Btw I can't believe Judd hasn't made up his mind already on what Melbourne club he wants to head to before publicly quitting the Eagles. He said today he's been thinking about this for 2 years so he and his manager you would think would have a specific club in mind.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2007, 03:35:26 PM »
I agree that Judd most likely won't be coming to Richmond. I ain't trading pick 2 or Foley or Lids. The only way he can come to Punt Road for me is through PSD but he has a 'conscience' and 'loyalty' to his club  ::)