Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94807 times)

blx

Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #750 on: November 05, 2007, 11:00:55 PM »
hey blx ur right i am probabaly younger than you and thats sad on ur behalf cause clearly your the one who has NFI as u put it.

read my posts tosser i support our team when we got a new sponsor and critisize when we make stupid desicions like in recruiting. well woopty bloody doo sue me.
im sure more than ever its people like you who sit their in the stands bagging players like richo and then come on this thing acting high and mighty like you support and love everything richmnond do on and off the field.

so our president is very vocal and strong is he? give me a break. off field yes we r great and best position ever financially but i never mentioned that loser i said he was weak and i still stand by that.

listen carefully pal, next time u shoot ur mouth off consider everyone on this thing loves this footy club and are entitled to their opinion so get back to your stitching or whatever u "old"people do

:nopity :nopity :nopity
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:20:16 PM by blx »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #751 on: November 06, 2007, 04:32:09 AM »
One for the conspiracy theorists.....

.... we know good leadership is about consistency, and league chief executive Andrew Demetriou is mightily proud of the role his organisation plays in the community.

Indeed, he knocks up telling players they must accept they are role models in society.

Yet all we have from the AFL is silence and from Carlton a contingency plan to ensure Pratt remains president if gaming authorities who oversee the club's right to poker machines rule he is unsuitable to hold a licence.

By saying and doing nothing in the face of Carlton's actions, the AFL is effectively condoning Pratt's offences.

The fact that Demetriou, between 2002 and 2006, was non-executive chairman of a waste management company in which Pratt's company had invested heavily would play no part in any league decision to remain silent.

But it is the sort of thing that leaves Demetriou, and therefore, the AFL, open to the conspiracy theorists.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22709527%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #752 on: November 11, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »
Ch 9 news announced the AFL are going to go after Pratt over why he should he remain president of Carlton.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #753 on: November 11, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »
Ch 9 news announced the AFL are going to go after Pratt over why he should he remain president of Carlton.

Hopefully the AFL are fair dinkum and look deep into the Pratt Carlton wheeling and dealings and punish the club appropriately. I hope the AFL just do not sweep all this under the rug and merely call on this investigation to appease any negative perception there is outside of the Carlton Football Club. Either way even if Pratt is forced to resign the damage has been done with the recruitment of Judd. Hopefully it sets them back another 10 or so years.

Ramps

« Reply #754 on: November 11, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »
The AFL should take Carltons priority pick from them, they got it in farcical manner anyway, and they should also take the West Coasts pick 3 and 13 away for the crap that there club has put the league through. Its time for the AFL to get tough.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: November 11, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
yes they should ramps but THEY WONT and i can bet my left testy on that.

collingwood=coin
carlton=coin

get my drift
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #756 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »
The AFL should take Carltons priority pick from them, they got it in farcical manner anyway, and they should also take the West Coasts pick 3 and 13 away for the crap that there club has put the league through. Its time for the AFL to get tough.
As much as we would all love that to happen we know it won't. Pratt's white collar crime will be seen as committed outside the AFL (so nothing to do with Carlton) and West Coast will get off because the AFL supported them when Cousins was first suspended. The AFL will only ban Cousins from ever playing again at any level so they appear tough on drugs to appease the Federal Government and sponsors. They might force Pratt to step down as Blues' president but Carlton don't really need him anymore in an official position. He's got them what they wanted thanks to the AFL giving them undeserved freebies like first pick >:(.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #757 on: November 11, 2007, 09:19:49 PM »
AFL commission may call Richard Pratt
November 11, 2007 - 7:44PM | The Age

The AFL is considering calling disgraced billionaire and Carlton Football Club president Richard Pratt before the AFL commission.

Pratt would be required to justify that he is a "fit and proper person" to be a club president, the Nine Network reported.

Pratt's future as club president was called into question after the Federal Court two weeks ago fined him and his Visy group of companies $36 million for price-fixing.

The Victorian Commission for Gambling regulation is also yet to rule whether Pratt is suitable to hold a gaming licence, the network reported.

The club has over 100 poker machines.

Carlton CEO Greg Swann last week went into bat for the president, issuing a statement saying the legal matter is separate to the Carlton Football club and relates to matters that took place and ended well before Mr Pratt was invited to join the Carlton board.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/AFL-commission-may-call-Richard-Pratt/2007/11/11/1194766503529.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #758 on: November 12, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »
So much for the AFL's concern...

A spokesman for AFL chief executive, Andrew Demetriou, said that the question of Pratt's suitability for AFL office was not on the commission's agenda "at this point".

"The commission has not discussed Richard Pratt so far," he said. "And with the next meeting a week away, when the future of Ben Cousins will be dealt with, it's fair to say everyone would want more time to prepare for an issue like that if it arose."

Link.

Patrick Smith reckons Pratt will resign anyway to avoid any enquiry and bad press for Carlton.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #759 on: November 12, 2007, 10:15:08 AM »
Big deal about Pratt - Makes no difference at all what happens, he has done what he came for.
And besides he can still pass around the 'Brown paper bags' whether he is at the club or not.
Really hope we smash the prix rnd 1 - cheating scum and u can't tell me otherwise.

Moi

« Reply #760 on: November 12, 2007, 10:56:26 AM »
Big deal about Pratt - Makes no difference at all what happens, he has done what he came for.
And besides he can still pass around the 'Brown paper bags' whether he is at the club or not.
Really hope we smash the prix rnd 1 - cheating scum and u can't tell me otherwise.
If a class action is brought against him, that $36M will seem like pocket money.
I don't think Mr Pratt will be travelling too well if that happens.  There were figures of over $700M floating around.
He does sound like a great bloke, and I feel sorry for him, but he's ripped off a lot of people.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #761 on: November 12, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »
He does sound like a great bloke, and I feel sorry for him, but he's ripped off a lot of people.

So a filthy rich prik that rips off the common folk can still be a great bloke. To catch a phrase from a former carlscum pres PIGS ARS E

May be a 'Good bloke' on the face of it, but deep down just an A class ****
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:12:51 PM by one-eyed »

Moi

« Reply #762 on: November 12, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »
May be a 'Good bloke' on the face of it, but deep down just an A class cnut
If it makes you happy to say that!  ::)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #763 on: November 12, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »

Morton BOG, Judd a dud. We score the best out of the Eagles trades.

I hope we smash them big time.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #764 on: November 12, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »
Pratt said today he still expects to be Carlton president next year.

Source: Ch 9.