Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94926 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #945 on: April 26, 2008, 05:36:22 PM »

...judd is a handy player...

Let me think about that pearler....... :rollin

I've thought about it...

It's Gold   :thumbsup

u r overrating judd, yes he was a monster at the eagles, but the team made him that good. hodge is a better player and deledio will be better than him also , as will cotchin. judd hadd wce looking after him

did u see judd today, he was less than handy, 15 touches and only 1 cleasrance!

so think about it more, spank urslef over judd and stay in love with him, his best is over. end of story

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #946 on: April 26, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »
Wasn't he BOG last week ? - I didn't see or hear any of that game but I think he got 10 from the coaches on Footy Classified?

last week was against melbourne come on!

the week b4 he was well held for 3 quarters and had a real good last quarter v the pies, but that was when the game was under control, and he became a downhill skier

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #947 on: April 26, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »
It's still as case that if you shut down Fev then Carlton can't win. They are building up a nice midfield brigade but their bookends are questionable outside Fev and Waite. They lost Thorton to a knee (medial) today too which only weakens their poor backline even further. They are banking on that Judd will still be in peak form in 4-5 years time. The KPPs they will still have to draft will take a long time to develop compared a small. They gave up a young KPP plus the picks that could have gained them the needed KPPs to get Judd. It's a huge risk.

In our case Judd didn't want to come to us so up him. I'm glad to have Cotchin, Rance and whoever/whatever else we would've had to give up for him. In the situation we were in one superstar midfielder wouldn't fix our ills. We've learnt over the years there's no messiah.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #948 on: April 26, 2008, 05:42:33 PM »
thornton lol, overrated toss

judd will fade away, he is back in the pack, will expose poor teams  but half of his disposals are meaningless, bit like robert harvey

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #949 on: April 26, 2008, 06:13:15 PM »
"Connors said Judd would place a $2 million price on his head, blowing Richmond's salary cap apart."

I have never understood how that would blow our salary cap apart and not everybody else's - including Carlton. Regardless of how it's paid it has to be counted in the 2008 year, so why would it affect us and not them?

Regarding the posters who are glad that we didn't get Judd, preferring Cotchin - who is yet to play a game - a quote from John McEnroe springs to mind.....

Spot on, if he nominates that price it means Carlton would also have had to include it in their salary cap if they got him.

But we all know that never happened because some "other forces" stepped in.  :shh
The "other forces" trying to avoid free agency  ::)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #950 on: April 26, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »
lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #951 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:04 PM »
LOL Blighty tonight saying Josh Kennedy could be as talented as Judd to stir up the Blues. Kennedy was promising in a side that was flogged and he had as many possessions as Judd did today and more marks. Masten also had as many disposals as Judd did. Paying 3 players for 1 is always a big risk.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: April 27, 2008, 07:56:51 AM »
kennedy looked good last night, made one huge stuff up, but played chf very well, and along with their other 2 young talls up fwd have a promisiing future ahead of them, they now can get rid of that wacko lynch

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #953 on: August 27, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »
I wonder how much the AFL will watch over this Visy Park redevelopment with Pratt employing Carlton players like Judd in "ambassador" roles  :whistle. I won't hold my breath. A nifty way to get around the salary cap. 

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: August 27, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Can someone confirm that judd's mum works at visy on a 6 figure salary.

I heard today she has worked there for years.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #955 on: February 06, 2009, 03:05:37 AM »
Blues finished only 11th yet they are already reaching 100% of the salary cap in 2009 total player payments ..... tick tick tick :whistle

--------------------------------------------
Carlton will pay close to 100 per cent of its total player payments ($7.693 million plus $537,000 in additional service agreements) this year.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/blues-pies-lift-spending/2009/02/05/1233423406645.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #956 on: March 02, 2009, 04:40:25 AM »
Judd's on a great wicket with his VISY contract. A couple of $100ks extra and "separate" from Carlton's salary  :whistle and has been given the green (excuse the pun) light by the AFL.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25124318-19742,00.html

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #957 on: March 02, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
can someone please explain to me why Judd gets all this from Visy as a side deal but casey given discounts on properties is seen as a salary cap rort.

Bottom line is the AFL want the blues to win a flag inj the next 3 years. Im convinced of that.

They would bring them an absolute packet.

Fu/ckin demetriou and his side kick make me sick in the stomach
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #958 on: March 02, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »
Im happy with Cotchin & Rance, not so happy with McMahon ... but overall I think we got a couple of good players by not trading for Judd and thats good.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #959 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
Agree Ramps. I wouldn't give back Cotch and Rance.  In 5 years time Judd will be near or at retirement age while Cotch and Rance will be just hitting their prime years barring injury. The Blues have put it on the line to win a flag before Judd, Fev and Stevens retire with so few KPPs coming through (they traded away their young key forward Josh Kennedy to get Judd).

As for salary cap rorting, the only idiot trying to link us to it is Barrett ::). As with this VISY deal with Judd the AFL have already given the Casey property deals the tick. It's a deliberately grey area created by the AFL to stop a push for free agency etc from the AFLPA. When players can earn $200k more from their then club president's company for telling the AFL Record and a bunch of schoolkids to go green it makes a mockery of the salary cap. Nice job if you can get it while the AFL say it's all okey dokey :whistle.