Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94866 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #1005 on: August 26, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »
He's got the energy :clapping

Get it done, Tiges :clapping

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1006 on: August 26, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »
10 year deal,  :bow as long he presents in the social club after every home game to turn water into wine.......

....and wash our feet.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1007 on: August 26, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
He's got the energy....Well I suppose he does :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1008 on: August 26, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »
Not good signs for Ratts when media is pasting articles and Mick is giving interviews saying he has the energy for coaching.

FORMER Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse says he still has the energy required to coach at AFL level.

As the fallout from Carlton's shock 12-point loss to Gold Coast continues to take its toll on the club and coach Brett Ratten, Malthouse was questioned at length about his desire to return to coaching on Melbourne radio on Sunday.

Malthouse is seen as the man most likely to replace Ratten should the Carlton coach be sacked.

Speaking on 3AW, Malthouse recognised that coaching was a demanding job but said his enthusiasm for the role had never wavered.

"I thoroughly enjoy coaching, the good and the bad," he said.

"That surge of energy or surge of adrenalin when that ball's bounced (at the start of a game) and you're getting young players up ready to play …

"Playing first-gamers, playing 200-gamers and just being out there and understanding there's a competition on between you and your opponent, that is so wonderful.

"That is such an adrenalin rush. But you've got to take everything in to consideration. You've got to have the energy. Have I got the energy? Well I suppose, I think I've got the energy."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145741/default.aspx

Having the Pies ex-CEO at Princes Park is good news for Mick and bad news for Ratten. Greg Swann would want Malthouse.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1009 on: August 27, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
CARLTON will make no decision on coach Brett Ratten's future until after next week's match against St Kilda.

In a statement on the Blues' website on Monday morning, president Stephen Kernahan said there would be no meetings to review the club's operations until after Sunday's clash.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145793/default.aspx

You'd be very nervous if you were Ratten on hearing that from Kernahan today.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1010 on: August 27, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
yeah cause ratts was just peachy before hearing that  ::)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1011 on: August 27, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »
Did anyone really think they would sack him this week with just one game left.

It wouldn't surprise me if they even go ahead with some big review before sacking him.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1012 on: August 27, 2012, 04:29:13 PM »
Did anyone really think they would sack him this week with just one game left.

It wouldn't surprise me if they even go ahead with some big review before sacking him.

The review has allready been done :shh Rats future was decided long before last week. Malthouse will be confirmed within weeks.........tbc ;)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1013 on: August 27, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »
Cloke and Mick to Carlton?

THE PROSPECT of both Mick Malthouse and Travis Cloke being at Carlton next year is growing stronger by the minute.

Access All Areas panellists Luke Darcy and Damian Barrett said on AFL.com.au on Monday that deals were already being formulated.

Barrett said Blues coach Brett Ratten was virtually no chance of retaining his job next year, with the tipping point being the stunning 12-point loss to an undermanned Gold Coast on Saturday that ensured the club would miss the finals.

And Darcy said out-of-contract Cloke was most likely to join Carlton on a $5 million, five-year deal.

"Carlton coaches don't survive embarrassments like this, they just do not," Barrett said.

Barrett, who is close to the Malthouse camp, said the former Collingwood coach would certainly consider an offer from Carlton under the right circumstances, once Ratten had been removed.

He said Malthouse would demand $1-1.2 million dollars a year, bring his own coaching staff to the club and require input into high-performance management.

Barrett said the exercise would cost Carlton "multi millions of dollars", factoring in a payout of Ratten's estimated $550,000 contract on top of Malthouse's lucrative deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145821/default.aspx

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1014 on: August 27, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
yeah cause ratts was just peachy before hearing that  ::)
:clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1015 on: August 28, 2012, 01:01:07 AM »
From the AFL site:

MICK Malthouse will not make a decision about possibly coaching Carlton until October, according to his manager.

Peter Sidwell issued a statement following 48 hours of intense speculation regarding Malthouse's future and that of current Carlton coach Brett Ratten in the wake of Carlton's shock loss to Gold Coast on Saturday night.

In the statement, Sidwell, Malthouse's long-term friend and manager, said the flood of public comment surrounding the three-time premiership coach was  "unedifying".

"Michael's first and greatest priority is to confirm he has the support of his wider family and friends," the statement, released on Channel Nine's Footy Classified, said.

"That will precede any decision as to whether he wishes to go back into coaching.

"The current media speculation in regard to any and all football clubs future decisions is unedifying.

"Michael will not entertain any approach until October and then only if he has resolved favourably his concern for others. There will be no further comment re this matter."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145891/default.aspx

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1016 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29:15 AM »
So if Carlton approached him next week after the last game of the season he would tell them no come back in Oct  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1017 on: August 29, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
Bout time the Judd.Carlton.cheating. salary cap was bought up 8)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1018 on: August 29, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »
great investment for the blooze
= i finals win and no cigar.

2/3 years left at the max. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1019 on: September 01, 2012, 01:10:20 AM »
great investment for the blooze
= i finals win and no cigar.

2/3 years left at the max. :lol
On one of the Blues forums, a poster there rated the Judd trade one of Carlton's worst lol. I think if you go through what picks they gave up to get Judd they could have instead drafted one of Dangerfield/Rioli, Scott Selwood and kept Josh Kennedy. Given Judd isn't the footballer he once was it's not such a ridiculous argument to make.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd