Author Topic: Yeah or Neah: 29. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls  (Read 8107 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yeah or Neah: 8. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
double post

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »
hmmmmm ... he looks so slow with and without the football ...

3rd year next year ... make or break ...

so keep for this year !!!

Ox

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »
=0

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »
what frustrates me with JON is that he looks dumb on the field. I don't know why, I remember watching tapes of him and the U18 and he was everything he is not today. He was fluid, he made good decisions and his kicking was good overall. I don't know what has happened. And I don't think you can blame lack of a preseason for his current woes, decision making and hitting targets aren't reliant on a preseason
As Moore said in the article on RFC the other day 'It's all about confidence'
Some players get their chance and start off naturally nervous don't get it quite right and find themselves on the bench moreso that off the bench and "bingo" they are behind the 8 ball and struggling at the level with the all important confidence down. It all takes time for some.
eg. Tambling

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 06:32:38 PM »
what frustrates me with JON is that he looks dumb on the field. I don't know why, I remember watching tapes of him and the U18 and he was everything he is not today. He was fluid, he made good decisions and his kicking was good overall. I don't know what has happened. And I don't think you can blame lack of a preseason for his current woes, decision making and hitting targets aren't reliant on a preseason
As Moore said in the article on RFC the other day 'It's all about confidence'
Some players get their chance and start off naturally nervous don't get it quite right and find themselves on the bench moreso that off the bench and "bingo" they are behind the 8 ball and struggling at the level with the all important confidence down. It all takes time for some.
eg. Tambling
Mopsy and Bluey,

i think it's majorly about confidence.  I was at City Oval earlier tis year when he won lots of ball in the first quarter and coughed it up in trying the impossible pass time after time.  He was benched for most of the second quarter and McRae spent time with him.  He then came on with explicit instructions to kick long, and he then looked good, confident and contributed.

He knows he is turning the ball over, I just sense that he is trying so hard to find the right option that he is indecisive.  When it is more instinctive he can hit targets, take on opponents and beat them.  A little self belief can go a long way.  When he gets that confidence back then I believe we will see him blossom.   And I would hazard that lack of confidence in his body, ie.e stress fractures etc. will make it harder to build that confidence.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 08:09:45 PM »
Senior footy (even VFL level) is faster and you're competing against bigger bodies than at U18 level. Any flaws in a player's ability to make decisions and their kicking technique are magnified. AFL level is another big jump up again in terms of game speed and consequently less space and time to make decisions and execute correctly.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »
Your right, leave him at Coburg ;)

Tell me Kackstar when is Terry quitting again?

I'm sorry but you have no credibility.

:sleep

Next year 1956

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »

He knows he is turning the ball over, I just sense that he is trying so hard to find the right option that he is indecisive.  When it is more instinctive he can hit targets, take on opponents and beat them.  A little self belief can go a long way.  When he gets that confidence back then I believe we will see him blossom.   And I would hazard that lack of confidence in his body, ie.e stress fractures etc. will make it harder to build that confidence.

got it in nutshell :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »
Who did Jarrad play on?
I watched the game but can't remember. I suppose that means he probably outplayed whoever it was.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Passionfruit

Re: Yeah or Neah: 29. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 07:53:30 PM »
After today and what I have seen all year, waste of a spot on our list
Cant play at elite level

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »
If JON had been selected at pick 60 then you wouldn't hear boo from supporters as there'd be little expectation and fans would tolerate some footy skill deficiences. As a top 10 pick you expect the natural football skills to be basically already there. It then comes down to how much the kid is willing work as to whether they make it or not.

With no preseason you'd expect JON to be struggling fitness wise but he's getting through full games fine. He's ahead of schedule on that front. The concern is his lack of awareness and decision making when he has the ball. Us trying to turn an athlete into a footballer. It of course isn't JON's fault that the club decided he was a top 10 pick. Not sure what Miller was thinking  ???.

After watching him live yesterday he has lost his way
another season in the burgers to prove his worth

after watching him today l retract that statement of keeping him another year
his the worst drafted player l ever seen in my life

cya JON your not even VFL level bye bye

Passionfruit

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »
I agree.
He has no idea about playing a smart game , cant hit a target , and we thought Duncan Kellaway was a poor kick, this bloke shouldnt of been in the draft so bad is his kicking skill and decision making
The people( Footy dept) at punt road rate him, oh dear ::)
We are in trouble

Ramps

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
I agree.
He has no idea about playing a smart game , cant hit a target , and we thought Duncan Kellaway was a poor kick, this bloke shouldnt of been in the draft so bad is his kicking skill and decision making
The people( Footy dept) at punt road rate him, oh dear ::)
We are in trouble

what do you expect jack, they picked him ... and whilst i admit i believed for a long time hed make it, right now ... i cant see it. he looks lost at vfl level.

Passionfruit

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »
He has been lost from day 1 ::)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 09:34:48 PM »
He has been lost from day 1 ::)

Can you get lost?  :pray
EAT EM ALIVE!