Author Topic: Yeah or Neah: 29. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls  (Read 8245 times)

retygas

Re: Yeah or Neah: 29. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 10:29:42 PM »
Ain't seen much of him but I think its his time to go.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 11:30:09 AM »
Ain't seen much of him but I think its his time to go.
then how are you qualified to make that assessment, if you haven't seen much of him?

Passionfruit

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »
He has been lost from day 1 ::)

Can you get lost?  :pray

Mate, he cant play! ::) ::)
Thats why the Tiges are on the bottom or have you forgotten, too many overated DUDS!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 07:12:35 PM »

Thats why the Tiges are on the bottom or have you forgotten, too many overated DUDS!

ah look who's back, now when is it that sheeds will be coaching the RFC club again.

its easy to take pot shots on a 19 year old kid.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 07:14:28 PM »

::)

for a dud team who finished last, we thumped the pies  and bombers and stretched a stronger eagles team that the pies were lucky to beat

look at the bigger picture jackstar

its time to get over it jack, we are better placed and in better shape than many clubs.

jon will become a fine player and when he does u will be saying u always had faith and do a total flip

Passionfruit

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
Well maybe Roger3 , you should go to a game and have a look.
he cant kick, FACT
And he falls over all the time, FACT.
Who ever picked him at pick 8 should be locked away in a padded cell ::)

As for Sheeds, sometime during the course of the season next year!
If not 2009 ;)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 07:26:20 PM »
he cant kick, FACT

If not 2009 ;)

just say hypo speaking by rnd 22 next yr we are sitting 4th, would sheedy be there in 2009 or some time next yr?

or are you just banking and terrys tigers tanking again?

are you speculating, or do u actually know something or are u just pipe dreaming?

we just wanna know, cos something tells me sheeds will never coach again

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:01 PM »
JON has his moement yesterday, a few passages of play I thought were quite classy, but still makes some big mistakes and they are costly

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »

just say hypo speaking by rnd 22 next yr we are sitting 4th, would sheedy be there in 2009 or some time next yr?

are you speculating, or do u actually know something or are u just pipe dreaming?

I think you are right xXx - 12 months out of the coaching capper now with all these younger blokes coming through means IMHO it will be near impossible for Sheeds to get another gig.

Sadly for Sheeds I reckon not getting the Melb job - says it in a nutshell. He would have been a perfect fit for that club in just a marketing sense but they chose to go long term and go young.

Exactly

Thank you rogerd3 - he is 19 years old, who hasnt' done a full pre-season and is still growing (hence some of the injuries) and he's been in the system 2 years. He was drafted when he was 17 - youngest kid taken that year.Why is this lost on some people.

I get like this  :banghead :banghead because we put so much pressure of these kids because they aren't Judds or Deledios straight away - sheesh. Some playes don't come along as quickly that's a fact but people want to throw then on the scrap heap after 5 minutes.  :banghead :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »
he cant kick, FACT

If not 2009 ;)

funny how you assume i dont go to games, maybe im a little more understanding of his injury problems since he arrived and perhaps the fact he is only 19 (from memory).

yeh as for sheeds im sure sometime next year will arrive and i wonder if we will see you around these neck of the woods, more likely not, im sure you stated catergorically he was home and hosed this year.
 it seems the only time we see or hear from you is when you are ready to sink the slipper in, im sure we havent sighted you over the last couple of weeks and bang on you appear after the boys got a hiding yesterday.

sorry to my way of thinking you have a sybil complex, in fact thats been unkind to sybil... :banghead

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »
go JON, prove Jackstar wrong  :thumbsup

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »

I think you are right xXx - 12 months out of the coaching capper now with all these younger blokes coming through means IMHO it will be near impossible for Sheeds to get another gig.

Sadly for Sheeds I reckon not getting the Melb job - says it in a nutshell. He would have been a perfect fit for that club in just a marketing sense but they chose to go long term and go young.

Exactly

Thank you rogerd3 - he is 19 years old, who hasnt' done a full pre-season and is still growing (hence some of the injuries) and he's been in the system 2 years. He was drafted when he was 17 - youngest kid taken that year.Why is this lost on some people.

I get like this  :banghead :banghead because we put so much pressure of these kids because they aren't Judds or Deledios straight away - sheesh. Some playes don't come along as quickly that's a fact but people want to throw then on the scrap heap after 5 minutes.  :banghead :banghead

cmon WP dont be talking sense now it might just go over the head of some people, i agree totally with everything you have said, god there are some on another site with the same sybil complex.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »
Agree with all that WP but to me those issues (leaving out the preseason injury which could happen to anyone) are reasons not to use a first round pick on any youngster in the same boat. Too speculative to use a top 10 pick on IMHO.  My issue isn't with JON being picked up. If JON was taken at pick 60 no one would be saying anything. It's a complaint of our recruiting at the time.     
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 07:46:36 PM »
Agree with all that WP but to me those issues (leaving out the preseason injury which could happen to anyone) are reasons not to use a first round pick on any youngster in the same boat. Too speculative to use a top 10 pick on IMHO.  My issue isn't with JON being picked up. If JON was taken at pick 60 no one would be saying anything. It's a complaint of our recruiting at the time.     

Fair call MT. I suppose that's one of the problems with being a top 10er or even a pick in the top 15. The expectations are far greater.

I have no reason not to think the club knew that this was a selection with a focus on the long term and they have/are prepared to give the kid time. By all reports he wouldn't have lasted until pick 60 ;D

I think he will be OK and I am prepared to back the Club on this one. If he was 21-22 been in the system 4 years I'd be questioning it but not at this stage. IMHO far too early
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 11:30:27 PM »
The expectations on top draft picks are far greater however unless they're a freak like Judd all these kids are long-term prospects in some way. They all need to work on some aspects of their game over their first few years in the system. That is a given. Agree WP when you say some supporters ridiculously expect the world from these kids instantly.

It's just IMO there are things that are non-negotiable for a kid to qualify as a top 10 pick. Showing some natural footy nouse and having solid skills being prerequisites (eg: a solid kicking technique that comes instinctively so it doesn't fall apart under pressure).

I just disagree with the philosophy of the club when picking up speculative long-term kids so early in the draft. Alex Gilmour was one. Too much of a risk for mine with such high picks. Get it wrong and you stuff up a whole draft which can put the club back a year. I would rather the club played the percentages instead of trying to be too clever hoping and wishing to find that diamond in the rough. Leave the speculative types to later in the draft. We didn't miss out on a Foley, Thursty or McGuane by not taking them in the first round of a draft. Last year for instance I think the club in the main got it right.    
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd