Author Topic: Brownlow Fashions  (Read 4271 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Brownlow Fashions
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:59:31 AM »
Didn't watch this but just perused the pics on the internet. 

Silver, grey, black and white seemed to be the favourites.  Long dresses were preferred over short ones.

Usual annual favourites - "can't get it wrong" - Jo Silvagni in her signature red, Lisa Lloyd also in red, Tania Hird in white nighty style (wish she would wear colours), Sonia Kruger in hot pink (green shoes though?), Sandra Sully in pale pink one shoulder (maybe too pale), Rebecca Twigley in gun metal grey (didn't like the beading in the middle though) and Lauren Phillips (Gary Ablett) in soft grey was one of the best dressed. 

Worst Dressed:  Sorry but Browny's Sally looked shocking in a short white lacey number with black shoes :chuck.  Rod Buttress's partner looked like a dominatrix.  The Premier's wife looked frumpy in black velvet.

Best Short Dress:   Brianne Bartlett looked stunning in her sparkly gold number (apart from the fringe thingy on her shoes).

Improving:  Tania Buckley - nice grey number apart from the fringing around her hips and knees.

Try Hards:  Stephen Quartermain's wife in purple and gold, Rachel McLeod - nice blue dress but she looks very gawky, Carla McGuire - black on black netting, too messy.

Interesting:  How will Adam McPhee's date be able to sit with such a low cut back on her black, dog leash dress?

Nearly there:  Jason Gram's date in a sparkly number (fake boobs?), Jess Sinclair's would have been one of the best dressed - nice white dress, great beading around chest but it looked a little too tight in that area and she was about to explode!

Nice Dress, Wrong Colour:  Olivia (Shane Crawford) in pink and orange, Grahan Polak's date in gold.

Men:  Kane Cornes looked very scruffy.  Didn't like Matthew Lloyd's pants - stripe down the side made him look like a theatre usher.

Too old for her age:  Kane Cornes daughter - dress ok but shoes far too high and grown up for a kid.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Brownlow Fashions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »

(fake boobs?)
I was watching intently but I'm not sure. I might need to have another close squiz because whether they were fake or not wasn't at the top of my thought process.  8)

ps Does Rick Olarenshaw remind anyone else of a muppet the way his head and hand holding the microphone move when he's talking but are still when he's not?  :D
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »

(fake boobs?)
I was watching intently but I'm not sure. I might need to have another close squiz because whether they were fake or not wasn't at the top of my thought process.  8)
:whistle  ;D

ps Does Rick Olarenshaw remind anyone else of a muppet the way his head and hand holding the microphone move when he's talking but are still when he's not?  :D
:rollin FF
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »
My fingers typed squiz and my mind dreamt squeeze.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »
They all looked good, but wasn't many standouts this year
Boring  :sleep

Ox

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:36:50 PM »
Didn't watch this but just perused the pics on the internet. 

Silver, grey, black and white seemed to be the favourites.  Long dresses were preferred over short ones.

Usual annual favourites - "can't get it wrong" - Jo Silvagni in her signature red, Lisa Lloyd also in red, Tania Hird in white nighty style (wish she would wear colours), Sonia Kruger in hot pink (green shoes though?), Sandra Sully in pale pink one shoulder (maybe too pale), Rebecca Twigley in gun metal grey (didn't like the beading in the middle though) and Lauren Phillips (Gary Ablett) in soft grey was one of the best dressed. 

Worst Dressed:  Sorry but Browny's Sally looked shocking in a short white lacey number with black shoes :chuck.  Rod Buttress's partner looked like a dominatrix.  The Premier's wife looked frumpy in black velvet.

Best Short Dress:   Brianne Bartlett looked stunning in her sparkly gold number (apart from the fringe thingy on her shoes).

Improving:  Tania Buckley - nice grey number apart from the fringing around her hips and knees.

Try Hards:  Stephen Quartermain's wife in purple and gold, Rachel McLeod - nice blue dress but she looks very gawky, Carla McGuire - black on black netting, too messy.

Interesting:  How will Adam McPhee's date be able to sit with such a low cut back on her black, dog leash dress?

Nearly there:  Jason Gram's date in a sparkly number (fake boobs?), Jess Sinclair's would have been one of the best dressed - nice white dress, great beading around chest but it looked a little too tight in that area and she was about to explode!

Nice Dress, Wrong Colour:  Olivia (Shane Crawford) in pink and orange, Grahan Polak's date in gold.

Men:  Kane Cornes looked very scruffy.  Didn't like Matthew Lloyd's pants - stripe down the side made him look like a theatre usher.

Too old for her age:  Kane Cornes daughter - dress ok but shoes far too high and grown up for a kid.

lmao Donatella

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 08:17:23 AM »
Me - Donatella?  Minus the bleach blonde hair, tan and fake boobs?  I was thinking more along the lines of Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief of Vogue.