Author Topic: Butterss and St Kilda board resigns  (Read 1591 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Butterss and St Kilda board resigns
« on: October 02, 2007, 02:50:41 PM »
Butterss quits Saints presidency
foxsports.com.au
By Jordan Chong
October 02, 2007

ST Kilda president Rod Butterss and his fellow directors have quit the board of the AFL club. Butterss, as well as fellow directors Glen Casey, Mark Kellett, Andrew Bassat and Ray King, announced in a statement they were standing down.

They were facing a serious challenge by a Greg Westaway-led rival ticket called St Kilda Footy First.

Butterss said he and the board were "not prepared to submit the club to a costly legal battle in the courts which is scheduled to commence tomorrow".

"The resignations take effect immediately to allow the Footy First group the opportunity to outline their plans for success to the members at this Friday night's Trevor Barker awards night," the statement said.

Butterss said a "smooth transition and a stable environment were important to enable the club to focus on the issues that really mattered such as signing sponsors and preparing for the 2008 season".

Butterss had been on the Saints board since 1999 and was elected president in 2001. The 48-year-old was also a former reserves player at the club.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22518714-23211,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Butterss and St Kilda board resigns
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »
In simple terms "I didn't want to get my bum kicked and lose the election"

:rollin

Couldn't happen to nicer Club ;D :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)