Author Topic: Neil Balme  (Read 36217 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Neil Balme on 3AW
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
So I thought Vlastuin couldn't run out of sight on a dark night?? Hence not playing in the midfield.
Complete bull5h17!!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
where did you get that notion?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
where did you get that notion?
That was the reason I heard why he hasn't been given much opportunity in our midfield. Instead we drafted Townsend and Moore to play in that "inside mid" roll. Working well to date...

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »
but where did you hear it?

I cant recall ever hearing any reason from a reliable source for Vlastuin not playing midfield, let alone lack of pace

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2016, 03:45:26 AM »
Only place I heard it was on here :lol

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2016, 07:43:27 PM »
Wonder what happened between this interview and Yarran going?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »
but where did you hear it?

I cant recall ever hearing any reason from a reliable source for Vlastuin not playing midfield, let alone lack of pace
I'm not 100% but I have definitely heard it. I think it came up after Vlastuin played a couple of good games in the midfield this year only then to never be seen again in there.
I think Jackstar was banging on about it from memory, and it must be true as I'm pretty sure he wrote "fact" after it.  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Neil Balme in "Dude, where's my car?"
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2017, 05:29:28 AM »
Richmond Tigers' boss Neil Balme makes blunder trying to dodge media

Video has emerged of an Australian Football League (AFL) team's general manager making a bit of a blunder while trying to avoid media.

Richmond Tigers boss Neil Balme was seen trying to dodge waiting media as he was leaving Punt Rd Oval in Melbourne on Thursday.

On his way out, Balme wasn't answering questions from media and headed towards his car, or at least that's what he thought.

In the video, he walks up to a black Jeep Cherokee, unlocks it, and gets in before realising that car wasn't his.

"Is this my car?" he says.

"How did I get in that car?"

Balme can be seen walking away from the car laughing and confused but carried on down the car park to find his actual car, which happened to be another black Jeep Cherokee.

WATCH VIDEO: http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/06/richmond-tigers-boss-neil-balme-makes-blunder-trying-to-dodge-media.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Neil Balme in "Dude, where's my car?"
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2017, 05:30:55 AM »

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond rebels did deliver one positive change - return of Neil Balme (Addy)
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2017, 05:43:30 AM »
The rebels who wanted to take over Richmond did deliver one positive change - the return of Neil Balme

Michelangelo Rucci,
Chief Football Writer,
The Advertiser
8 August 2017

IT is now down to four - Adelaide, Richmond, GWS and the ominous Sydney.

Unless Brownlow Medallist Patrick Dangerfield can indeed carry Geelong on his shoulders, the Cats are gone - more so once part of the “Dangerwood” combination, captain Joel Selwood, goes under the surgeon’s knife.

Forget Port Adelaide. Lightning will not strike twice with the AFL premiership titleholders at the Western Bulldogs. And whoever among Melbourne, St Kilda, Essendon and West Coast stays on the tightrope to the final eight, there will be no long run in September.

And for all that is repeatedly said of this season’s AFL competition being close - and erratic - the marathon run to September is catching up with the pretenders, in particular the Power that remarkably holds fifth spot.

The script is now true to all the AFL wanted while trying to avoid the traps of other professional sporting competitions that deliver the same winners season after season.

The final eight will have at least two and possibly three changes to last year. From last season, Hawthorn and North Melbourne are already eliminated. West Coast is not far behind.

But the greatest delight for the master planners at AFL House is the prospect of the Crows and Richmond proving that long-standing droughts do eventually fall, as do dynasties.

As the Bulldogs ended their 62-year wait for an AFL flag on October 1, there was one graphic published to remind all that the longest absences from the grand final were with Richmond (1982, 35 years) and Adelaide (1998, 19 years).

Now a Crows-Tigers grand final is one of the most-probable play-offs for the flag on September 30. And probably the most interesting.

It also will enhance the reputation of Neil Balme, a classic journeyman who has made a mark in three States - at home in WA, in SA as a premiership coach at Norwood and in the VFL-AFL as a player, coach but most significantly as a football department leader.

Balme was part of the Collingwood revival (with two grand finals) while striking a partnership coach Michael Malthouse. He had immediate success at Geelong with his move to the Cats in 2007 - after a vigorous review of the football department identified the need for his pragmatic leadership - ending a 44-year premiership drought.

And history may repeat in his first year back at his “home” VFL-AFL club of Richmond that has not won a flag since 1980. Each time Collingwood has pushed Balme “sideways” it has ended in tears for the Magpies - and champagne at the AFL club that has hired Balme.

Balme’s reputation as a premiership winner as a player (twice at Richmond, 1973 and 1974); as a coach (twice at Norwood, 1982 and 1984) and as an football department administrator (three times at Geelong, 2007, 2009 and 2011) would be crowned by ending the drought at Punt Road.

And it will prove that hapless rebel group that tried to take over the Richmond board with the “Focus on Footy” campaign did have one (maybe only one) grand idea - Get Balmey. Perhaps that is all Richmond ever needed.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-rebels-who-wanted-to-take-over-richmond-did-deliver-one-positive-change-the-return-of-neil-balme/news-story/78ff80e2ed3beba11cf955e2ccdcfb5a

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
 I thought they were already all over him.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Dont believe this idiot, he's trying to cause trouble in the ranks.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Who Owl?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
The current board Chucky. They were already all over him when the "Focus on Footy" group said they would get him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.