Author Topic: Neil Balme  (Read 36212 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Neil Balme leaving
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2021, 08:54:13 PM »
Sure, I’m suggesting he should have kept some involvement with the football department  and he might have stayed at the club

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2021, 09:21:35 PM »
yet another stuff up in this department by our club.

seems like they downgraded his role, and at the same time decided to pay everyone else more. Furthermore, its clear they think the assistants we currently have were good enough to go around again without replacing the ones who left. :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2021, 09:35:14 PM »
I suspect our soft cap is a problem, with some may have been given pay rises as rewards for success ,it is important to use any available money wisely in areas of greatest need.
It alway felt like we would prevail while Balmey was giving advice to coaching / recruiting group

My understanding is With his move the senior advisor role Balmey wasn't part of the footy department, so his wage was not part of the soft cap this season

That is spot on
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2021, 11:22:55 AM »
yet another stuff up in this department by our club.

seems like they downgraded his role, and at the same time decided to pay everyone else more. Furthermore, its clear they think the assistants we currently have were good enough to go around again without replacing the ones who left. :shh

It was actually a smart move taking him out of the footy department. If was part of it then we would have had to cut deeper....

His role wasn't down graded. He moved into a boarder role within the club. He was happy to do that as he believed that Hartley and Livingstone who had mentored and trained could combined and take over his role. He has been available to the footy department all the time. But more importantly he believed the change was in the best interest of the Club. He as always put the Club first.

And before you ask the source.

It was the man himself, who I believe without hesitation. One on one chat at a function early in the year at a AFLW function. I know you won't believe it but it's what he said.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2021, 11:46:39 AM »
i dont doubt he told you that, but i doubt the reasons things have happened, or why they have happened in the football department.

the biggest issue post 2016 was hardwick cant do it alone and needed support, so what did they do. Not replace any of those who left and balmes role was downgraded. :banghead

we won 3 flags and we made money. Somones wages doesnt add up if we maxed our cap out and i refuse to believe it was soley because of the 100k fine. Either other clubs are paying their assistants peanuts, or we are paying ours too much.

Bottom line is the club wont be heading into 2022 with the same assistants. If they do you can expect the same result for next year IMO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2021, 12:38:03 PM »
Do we actually know if it’s officially a done deal to the Crows . Just going through social media there’s stories saying yes he’s gone and others a lot muddier… and still nothing out of RFC

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2021, 01:25:23 PM »
Gone

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
Very sad news. His return to the club was a major reason behind our recent success. Big loss. 

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2021, 02:28:21 PM »
The Sunday sun reports he not gone yet, who knows . We are better when Balmey is part of the Football Dept decision making process, whilst there had to be a transition he will also tell you his love is being in the coaching and recruiting side of the football club ,( ask him) so why wouldn’t you keep him involved

Broadsword

« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2021, 03:29:59 PM »
P. O'Neal
B. Gale
B. Hartley
T. Livingstone
D. Hardwick

That looks solid to me. I think our opportunities are below Hardwick rather than above him. Although I acknowledge he needs oversight from time to time, he has acknowledged this himself in the past, and he commented on the necessary intervention Livingstone made early in 2020 to hold him to account and refocus him.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2021, 03:31:15 PM »
Simple fact is if the football department around Balme hasn't learned or taken his experiences they will never do no matter who so we should be in good hands.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »
i dont doubt he told you that, but i doubt the reasons things have happened, or why they have happened in the football department.

the biggest issue post 2016 was hardwick cant do it alone and needed support, so what did they do. Not replace any of those who left and balmes role was downgraded. :banghead

we won 3 flags and we made money. Somones wages doesnt add up if we maxed our cap out and i refuse to believe it was soley because of the 100k fine. Either other clubs are paying their assistants peanuts, or we are paying ours too much.

Bottom line is the club wont be heading into 2022 with the same assistants. If they do you can expect the same result for next year IMO.
:clapping
x2
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2021, 09:43:41 PM »
For all we know he is going there to sabotage the place even more haha

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2021, 04:30:14 PM »
Mmmmmm- just hold the phone for a minute with this one :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.