Author Topic: Jordan McMahon  (Read 21845 times)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jordan McMahon
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2007, 12:24:42 PM »
Yup , this is just a repeat of his bulldogs recruiting..

If we had any guts his say in recruiting would be drastically reduced.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2007, 01:39:43 PM »
As someone on BF said the bright side of McMahon coming to Richmond is no more of those Bulldog Peter Jackson ads  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »
I assume Howat will be shown the door since we have yet another one of him, just a grade up.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jordan McMahon on SEN
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
Jordy of SEN:

* Pretty excited. A bit of a change up for him.

* Played with Glenelg so knows the Tigers' theme song. It's black and yellow btw Jordy not Black and Gold  :wallywink.

* Bulldogs are a great club and he had a great 7 years but it was time for a change. So happy to be at Richmond.

* Richmond approached Jordy and showed how exciting things could be in the future and it went from there.

* What he brings to Richmond - he said without being egotistical he'll add a bit excitement, skill and run to the backline. A bit of experience and leadership too to such a young promising list.

* His manager told him to come back early from holidays in Thailand and signed. It wasn't really a shock as he asked for a change.

* Preseason starts in 2 weeks time. About to get a call from our fitness staff as to when it does start.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jordan a happy Tiger (RFC)
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »

Jordan a happy Tiger
3:35 PM Fri 12 October, 2007
Tony Greenberg
for richmondfc.com.au

Jordan McMahon was a teenager the last time he played under coach Terry Wallace, back at the Western Bulldogs in 2002.

Five years on, he renews the relationship with Wallace – this time at Richmond and with 114 AFL games under his belt.

“Terry was my original coach and I had a very good relationship with him.  Of course, it will be a totally different relationship now as a 24-year-old and with a lot more experience in the game,” McMahon said.

“I’m very excited about the move and really believe the change will do me good.

“Richmond, I believe, is one of the four powerhouse Victorian clubs of the competition.  There’s a lot of young talent at the Club and that’s one of the reasons I was so keen to get here – to take on a bit of a leadership role and help with their development.

"The Tigers are not far away from hitting their straps and playing some really good football and I’m very much looking forward to being part of it all.”

Richmond regards McMahon as the archetypal modern-day league player and, as such, is a significant inclusion to the senior list.

“What AFL football’s all about now is run and carry, with good disposal.  And, there’s no doubt that Jordan has excellent kicking ability,” said the Tigers’ Director of Football Greg Miller.

“By adding him and Mitch (Morton) to our side, we’re certainly improving the quality of disposal.

“Not only can Jordan play a similar valuable running role to the one Lindsay Gilbee plays in the backline at the Bulldogs, but he’s also able to play up forward.

“He’s a class player and we fought against Port Adelaide for his services and were rapt to get him.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52444

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »
Welcome to Punt Road Jordan.  :thumbsup

Unlike others here I'm thrilled to have him at Richmond.  :clapping
He will improve our run out of the backline no end and cut out the Kane Johnson/Andrew Raines "Half Back Square Dance". :nopity

In the many games I've seen him play he is a very committed footballer with excellent foot skills.
Also you don't play 114 games in a reasonably solid team like the Bulldogs if you are crap.
I reckon he tanked the second half of last season just so he could get away from Rodney "Mr Happy" Eade! I remember a few good swans were about to the bolt before he was replaced by Roos.  :outtahere

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2007, 04:48:50 PM »
Apparently had some issues on the homefront to deal with this year according to the Doggies BF forum.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
good luck to the guy and hope he does well, personally i would have preferred to hang onto the pick.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2007, 05:26:20 PM »

Hey ,it could of been worse than McMahon, Plough might want to re-invent Mark Alvey  again
He's never tried to re-invent Alvey. That was Sheeds.....and he failed.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Jordan a happy Tiger (RFC)
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2007, 05:52:39 PM »

Jordan a happy Tiger
Tony Greenberg
for richmondfc.com.au
Richmond regards McMahon as the archetypal modern-day league player and, as such, is a significant inclusion to the senior list.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52444

So the Minister for official spin is out there already exposing this utter crap.

Geez, the archetypal player FFS.  What is that squib ??

Squibs on the forward line, now squibs down back - Is that what Wallave & Miller provide as list balance ???!!!!

Where was the trade for need ??

Ramps

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »

Jordan a happy Tiger
Tony Greenberg
for richmondfc.com.au

So the Minister for official spin is out there already exposing this utter crap.

Squibs on the forward line, now squibs down back - Is that what Wallave & Miller provide as list balance ???!!!!

we have no needs we are on the way to success in 2011. why cant anybody see the strategy  :D ;D :help

Passionfruit

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »

Hey ,it could of been worse than McMahon, Plough might want to re-invent Mark Alvey  again
He's never tried to re-invent Alvey. That was Sheeds.....and he failed.

Can tell you Fish that wallace tried desparately to get Alvey to Richmond from Essendon, even promised him

Passionfruit

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »

Jordan a happy Tiger
Tony Greenberg
for richmondfc.com.au

McMahon= lightweight who is too easily pushed aside.
Zones off way too much and is hardly accountable
3 years at 1 Million dollars for that :gobdrop

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »
give him a break jack, he hasnt played a game 4 us yet1

and btw, who cares if he is light on, his average tackle count per game is far better than th erfc average per player, so i guess he is more accountable than 95% of out blokes

lets not crucify any new players and welcome them, u never know they may just surprise you.

where is that good old fair go aussie spirit.

he isnt even down yet and many are already kickintg him in th eguts.

we have tivendale and krak and jay and hyde and ....etc in our team to bag, not the new boys who havent even played a game yet

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
give him a break jack, he hasnt played a game 4 us yet1

and btw, who cares if he is light on, his average tackle count per game is far better than th erfc average per player, so i guess he is more accountable than 95% of out blokes

lets not crucify any new players and welcome them, u never know they may just surprise you.

where is that good old fair go aussie spirit.

he isnt even down yet and many are already kickintg him in th eguts.

we have tivendale and krak and jay and hyde and ....etc in our team to bag, not the new boys who havent even played a game yet

krak, jay, tivendale and hyde. those 4 names are one of many other reasons why we are the laughing stock of the AFL
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.