Author Topic: Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?  (Read 8283 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 03:53:12 PM »
kruezer shows gr8 endurance, well we have patto with a hige tank and gr8 endurance also. and patto wasnt no1 pick

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 03:56:25 PM »
True Ramps there's more to the debate but just in Cotchin's defence.

1. cotchin played alot of school footy and that needs to be considered, didnt play alot at TAC level
Played just 5 games for the Northern Knights and still finished 5th in their B&F behind Kreuzer. IIRC he polled 3 or 4 BOGs.

2. cotchin had a poor carnival
He was carrying a shoulder and knee niggle into the champs. That's why he played across the HB line. He still showed his superior foot skills though. 

3. cotchin didnt test at draft camp.
A proper recruiter would go more on what these kids did during games throughout the year rather than draft camp results. The camp results come in handy when two kids are seen to be very even. The camp also gives clubs a chance to talk to these kids one-on-one to see how they think and tick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »
Cotchin for mine and according to the poll it appears many others think the same.

What style of current AFL player could we compare Cotchin and Cale Morton to? Does anyone have any stats on Cale Morton?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »
Cotchin for mine and according to the poll it appears many others think the same.

What style of current AFL player could we compare Cotchin and Cale Morton to? Does anyone have any stats on Cale Morton?
Depends on who you ask. Some slight exaggeration by some people ;).

Cotchin - Ablett jnr/ Murphy / Lids

Cale Morton - Embley / Kouta 

Trent Cotchin's stats:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Trent%20Cotchin&action=PSTATS&pID=143804335&client=1-3020-0-52873-5262046

Cale Morton's stats:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Cale%20Morton&action=PSTATS&pID=186147478&client=1-2393-0-52004-4374300

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »

Depends on who you ask. Some slight exaggeration by some people ;).

Cotchin - Ablett jnr/ Murphy / Lids

Cale Morton - Embley / Kouta 

Trent Cotchin's stats:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Trent%20Cotchin&action=PSTATS&pID=143804335&client=1-3020-0-52873-5262046

Cale Morton's stats:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Cale%20Morton&action=PSTATS&pID=186147478&client=1-2393-0-52004-4374300

weaver uses the g ablett jnr mould and he would prob be the most qualified on the topic so i'd go with that.

from what i have seen shows some g ablett qualities like the ability to hold his feet in a tackle and be slippery in congestion. But i liken him more to lids for his game style as he is that forward/midfield hybrid.

either way we are getting a gun player, but cotchin just for me

just a bloody crying shame we handed over some many picks.  :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 07:14:41 PM »
Please let it be Cotchin. :pray

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »
have a gut feeling we will be calling out Cale's name, but if there is a god

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray let us get trent

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 09:58:34 PM »
please get Cotchin !!!

though like many other people ... i think Morton's chances to come to us have increased !!!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 06:51:25 AM »
i would be happy with either, only want cotchin to shove it up wce cos they were soft duringtrade week, but now we kbnow it was not their fault and that carlton are idiots

i just have a gut feeling that cale has more upside, and will bulk up and be a handier player with more strings to his bow that trent

just a gut feeling

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
i would be happy with either, only want cotchin to shove it up wce cos they were soft duringtrade week, but now we kbnow it was not their fault and that carlton are idiots

i just have a gut feeling that cale has more upside, and will bulk up and be a handier player with more strings to his bow that trent

just a gut feeling

I think we will pick up Cale but Trent will be an option in a couple of years when he is ready to come home.

;)

blx

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »
small over tall

Fiora over Pavlich

Tambling over Franklin

are we destined to do it three times???

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 02:01:03 PM »
small over tall

Fiora over Pavlich

Tambling over Franklin

Fraser, Haselby, Fiora over Pavlich
Deledio, Roughead, Griffen, Tambling over Franklin

Hindsight - 100% accurate

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 08:26:04 PM »
small over tall

Fiora over Pavlich

Tambling over Franklin

Franklin was 196cm and 90kg when he started (he's now 99kg) and Pavlich while "only" 191-192cm tall weighs 98-100kg. Morton has put on 4-5kgs this year but still weighs only 79kg. He's a tall midfielder rather than key forward like Buddy or Pav.

Hodge and Judd went before Polak (who still may turn out good long term) and Didak went before Livingstone and MacDougal. No one says these were a mistake regarding taking a small ahead of a tall. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond denies sweetheart deal with West Coast (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 04:54:29 AM »
Richmond denies sweetheart deal with West Coast
Sunday Herald  | Jon Ralph | October 14, 2007 12:00am

RICHMOND has denied striking a sweetheart deal with West Coast that would see the Tigers overlook star junior midfielder Trent Cotchin because of this week's deal for Eagle Mitch Morton.

Victorian Cotchin is primed to make an immediate impact in the AFL next year with talk he could even be Carlton's first pick of the draft.

But with Morton now at the Tigers, there had been speculation Richmond had made an assurance it would take his brother Cale in the national draft with pick two.

That would free up the Eagles to take Cotchin, but Richmond football director Greg Miller said there had been no assurances made in the deal to secure Morton for pick 35.

He said there had been no collusion with the Eagles over players in the national draft.

"No, it's not true at all," Miller said.

"We dealt with the West Coast on two separate issues. One was Chris Judd and one was Mitch Morton. They were separate. We missed out on Chris Judd. Good luck to Carlton, but we gave it our best shot as a club, so we were pleased." he said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22582671-11088,00.html

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
what a waste of space, that article provided no info what so ever

so greg who are we taking?