Author Topic: Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?  (Read 8274 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:31:24 PM »
gut feeling cale is on the way

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »
We're the only club that rates Cale Morton in the top 2  ::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:08:07 PM »

We'll take Cotchin.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »

Why do you say that?

I think we rate Morton in the top 3.

We still think Cotchin is 2 according to most radio station presenters, only callers keep whinging about Cale @ 2.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »

We'll take Cotchin.
Let's hope so FFV  :pray but when it comes to RFC's recruiting anything is possible. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »

Why do you say that?

We still think Cotchin is 2 according to most radio station presenters, only callers keep whinging about Cale @ 2.
Yep we do rate Morton in the top 3 along with Kreuzer and Cotchin. Most clubs though only have a top 2 of Kreuzer and Cotchin. The Eagles want Cotchin if they can get him.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 02:34:05 PM »

Why do you say that?

Yep we do rate Morton in the top 3 along with Kreuzer and Cotchin. Most clubs though only have a top 2 of Kreuzer and Cotchin. The Eagles want Cotchin if they can get him.

Cotchin and a tall, maybe Sullivan or Gourdis would make it more bearable that we only have 2 top 50 picks.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

Why do you say that?

Cotchin and a tall, maybe Sullivan or Gourdis would make it more bearable that we only have 2 top 50 picks.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Tayte Pears, Bluey??

Or you dont think he'll last until then?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »

Why do you say that?

Tayte Pears, Bluey??

pears is an athletic type defender --> we already have thursty and mcguane who would play the defensive role he would so i'm not too keen on him. Rance on the other hand is the full-blooded key defender we need. Would be awesome to grab him but don't see him falling that far.

Gourdis as a strong marking and athletic key forward would be our best hope then seeing as we need more height

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »

Why do you say that?

Tayte Pears, Bluey??

pears is an athletic type defender --> we already have thursty and mcguane who would play the defensive role he would so i'm not too keen on him. Rance on the other hand is the full-blooded key defender we need. Would be awesome to grab him but don't see him falling that far.

Gourdis as a strong marking and athletic key forward would be our best hope then seeing as we need more height

Naa I doubt Rance would but looking at stats and that all I can do I cant see the difference between Rance and Pears considering Pears is listed as shorter but heavier.

However if we got Gourdis @ 18 we could well and truly get rid of this forward Polak fantasy and make him the KP backman he should be while Gourdis learns the trade of a forward from a pocket making the most of his pace before baulking up more to replace Richo.

Its all so easy in theory.  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »
looked at all kruezers stats in the draft camp, must say for a no1 pick not that impressive.  according to test results , he is not a standout and m,orton and gourdis showed alot more.

cotchin, well we dont know, he was injured

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »
cotchin morton debate is interesting

1. cotchin played alot of school footy and that needs to be considered, didnt play alot at TAC level
2. cotchin had a poor carnival
3. cotchin didnt test at draft camp.
4. morton had an oustanding carnival
5. morton made his senior debut in the WAFL during the year.
6. morton tested great in draft camp esp. Beep test.

Im not saying morton is better than cotchin just saying theres more to the debate than alot of people think.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 03:38:50 PM »
looked at all kruezers stats in the draft camp, must say for a no1 pick not that impressive.  according to test results , he is not a standout and m,orton and gourdis showed alot more.

You kidding  ???

Top 10 3km, 14.2 beep test — at 199cms that isn't too bad!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 03:40:22 PM »
Cotchin vs C.Morton discussion thread thanks to Ramps  ;)

------------------------

Tigers clarify Mitch deal
12:58 PM Fri 12 October, 2007
Tony Greenberg
for richmondfc.com.au

Richmond’s recruiting of talented West Coast youngster Mitch Morton in this week’s trade period in no way impacts on its plans for the upcoming National Draft.

There has been considerable speculation since the Tigers starting chasing Mitch that they also intended to select his highly-rated younger brother, Cale, with the No. 2 pick in the November Draft.

But Richmond’s Director of Football, Greg Miller, has declared that the Mitch Morton trade deal is not connected with an overall strategy to unite the brothers at Punt Road.

“In response to the numerous emails I have received about this, and all the rumors that have been circulating, I can categorically state that Mitch was courted on his own.  Cale was not discussed in our negotiations with Mitch, and nor should he have been,” Miller said.

“When you’re recruiting a player of Mitch’s calibre, the focus and attention needs to be on him, which it certainly was.

“What happens in the draft happens in the draft, but this deal had absolutely nothing at all to do with trying to get the two brothers together.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52431

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »

You kidding  ???

Top 10 3km, 14.2 beep test — at 199cms that isn't too bad!!

thats all he did really well  in, that does not mean u r no1 pick just on that result

morton did better in teh beep test and out scored kruezer in many other tests

im going to go with my initial instivnt and think we will get cale over cotchin cos cale morton has more strings to his bow