Author Topic: Coughlan contracted for '08?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Coughlan contracted for '08?
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »
It's was my understanding that Mark Coughlan's was in the final year of his contract when he seriously re injured his knee for the 2nd time earlier this year.

Does anyone know if he's been re-signed for '08 or is he a potential PSD  selection for another club?

I have not seen anywhere that he has been given a new deal.

Anyone aware of Mark's situation with the club?

Tigermonk

Re: Coughlan contracted for '08?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:34:15 PM »
Give the idiot away it take him 3 years in Richmond terms to see if his any good  ;D  :rollin
another Tony Free send him in a package with Jokeley Nicholls & Danny Meyer

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:27:34 AM »
We've got him listed as uncontracted on our OER list but because he redid his knee he could have got an extension. I can't see him leaving anyway. Cogs looked very determined in the last few training sessions. If anyone could comeback from 2 knees it'll be Cogs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:00:40 AM »
We've got him listed as uncontracted on our OER list but because he redid his knee he could have got an extension. I can't see him leaving anyway. Cogs looked very determined in the last few training sessions. If anyone could comeback from 2 knees it'll be Cogs.

seen the same poo written about Dragacevic & look where he is now  ;D

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 09:54:48 AM »
Geez just give it a rest for a bit. No need to slag off every player in every thread.

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:23:37 AM »
all the players l slag off jezza are the worthless ones
ones that dont give nothing to the club
Coughlan was once a good player now his broken its time to move him on
does that disturb you that its gunna take him several years to get good again his not worth keeping

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 11:08:30 AM »

'Ones that don't give nothing to the club', that's a double negative, so by that do you mean that they do give something to the club?

The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand.
Lewis Thomas (1913 - 1993)
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »

'Ones that don't give nothing to the club', that's a double negative, so by that do you mean that they do give something to the club?

what it means is that if a player is continuely hampered with injuries that the club should not renew his contract & trade him
he is of no value being payed sitting in the stand after OP & 2 x knee reconstructions
just because his won a B&F does this mean we must keep a player

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »
Well I disgree. I think Coughlan is the sort of guy well worth another chance, he has the right attitude and will do what it takes to get back. You only need to look at the physical condition he keeps himself in to see how hard he works and how determined he is.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »
Well I disgree. I think Coughlan is the sort of guy well worth another chance, he has the right attitude and will do what it takes to get back. You only need to look at the physical condition he keeps himself in to see how hard he works and how determined he is.

Amen why pay him his cash for 2 years on the sidelines and then not even bother to see whether he can make a successful return?

Well worth keeping for next year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »

Jezza l hope your right & he does comeback to be a very good footballer
most players work very hard but Richmond has also got some lazy players & have also got  some weak fitness & conditioning staff who dont apply the preasure enough to work harder in the gym
They also tend to take it easy on some injured players which later go onto the field & find they cant give 100% its been the same down there for years

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:59 PM »

Jezza l hope your right & he does comeback to be a very good footballer
most players work very hard but Richmond has also got some lazy players & have also got  some weak fitness & conditioning staff who dont apply the preasure enough to work harder in the gym
They also tend to take it easy on some injured players which later go onto the field & find they cant give 100% its been the same down there for years

Patrick Bowden Board.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »

Amen why pay him his cash for 2 years on the sidelines and then not even bother to see whether he can make a successful return?

Well worth keeping for next year.

cause thats what they do at Tigerland they keep them until its too late
l can say the same about Knobel & Ray Hall was another l'm not picking on Coughlan alone l'm more concerned how the processing of  injured players which runs back to doctors & rehab staff there got it all wrong in there

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
We've got him listed as uncontracted on our OER list but because he redid his knee he could have got an extension.

Thanks MT.
Just surprised his contract situation hasn't been mentioned by the club.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »
author=Tigermonk link=topic=6091.msg77729#msg77729 date=1192499113]
what it means is that if a player is continuely hampered with injuries that the club should not renew his contract & trade him[/quote]

Ok, so he’s of no value to us but he’s of value to another Club. :-\

And even though he's spent his career at this Club another club should reap the benefits when he fully recovers.  Which he will.

I take it that's what you mean.

David Rodan made the club look silly this year.  Nothing in comparison to what Cogs could do, given the chance.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.