Author Topic: Congrats to Kingy and Gus  (Read 1249 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Congrats to Kingy and Gus
« on: October 22, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »
Congrats to Kingy and Gus on being promoted to the senior list :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Congrats to Kingy and Gus
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:53:09 PM »
Both very good decisions in my book :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:54:57 PM »
Both very good decisions in my book :thumbsup
Agree Mopsy.

It'll be interesting to see if we still chase after a ready-made ruckman now in the draft or PSD. We still need a decent one IMO to give us 3 rucks + Patto.

richmondrules

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:43:32 PM »
I concur. A credit to these two boys.

Hope Gus can take it to the next level but he has done everything asked of him so far. Agree MT. Could do with one more developed ruckman and one more project ruckman. Rookie would be fine. Ok Gus is doing well ATM but he's not there yet and it's not fair on Patto or the team to ask Patto to do a ruck job on a long term basis IMHO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 10:13:51 PM »

Hope Gus can take it to the next level but he has done everything asked of him so far. Agree MT. Could do with one more developed ruckman and one more project ruckman. Rookie would be fine. Ok Gus is doing well ATM but he's not there yet and it's not fair on Patto or the team to ask Patto to do a ruck job on a long term basis IMHO.
Agree RROFO. Seems we are going to load up with rookies rather than pick up a kid(s) late in the draft. Perhaps a couple of them wil be Coburg boys plus a young ruckman and a young KPP.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »

Agree RROFO. Seems we are going to load up with rookies rather than pick up a kid(s) late in the draft. Perhaps a couple of them wil be Coburg boys plus a young ruckman and a young KPP.

the thing that confuses me is that aren't you more likely to pick a talented kid in the PSD than the scraps in the rookie  ???

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »

the thing that confuses me is that aren't you more likely to pick a talented kid in the PSD than the scraps in the rookie  ???

Picking idiot Kicksley over Tom Collier Board.   :scream  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 05:00:37 AM »
Contract and monetary wise, picking a kid up in the PSD costs the same as a 3rd rounder or later in the National draft. They also get the standard 2-year contract. Rookies cost about the 1/5 of the amount in salary and can be delisted after a year.