Author Topic: Caro brings us up in relocation talk  (Read 1350 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Caro brings us up in relocation talk
« on: October 23, 2007, 06:56:05 PM »
Caro is talking about North and a Gold Coast team on 3aw. She just said North are the only realistic option as the Bulldogs and Melbourne who often get mentioned aren't going up there and Richmond is in a stronger financial position.

Why even mention us Caro?!  ::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Caro brings us up in relocation talk
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »
The content of her articles is the equivalent of breathing into a can of stale sardines.
Why doesn't she just shut up it was her fathers regime that started the rot in the first place.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:37:17 PM »
The only time in our history we were close to relocating was in the mid 80's (ironically just after her dad was tossed out as president). There has been no mention since of us moving by anyone (the club, media or even opposition supporters) yet tonight she throws our name up out of the blue  ::) when she knows we've been profitable the past 3 years and hell would freeze over before anyone at the club considered relocation an option.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »
ah yes Ian Wilson...dont get me started on him. :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
I ususally see him having a fag him when I go for a smoke at qtr time half time etc outside the ground at Gate 3 which is the entrance to the Olympic Stand and I feel like giving him a few choice words with regards to how we are going and how the things he started have continued to blossom and blossom but I guess decorum prevails and I keep my mouth shut.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:07:55 PM »
I ususally see him having a limp him when I go for a smoke at qtr time half time etc outside the ground at Gate 3 which is the entrance to the Olympic Stand and I feel like giving him a few choice words with regards to how we are going and how the things he started have continued to blossom and blossom but I guess decorum prevails and I keep my mouth shut.

Im amazed his daughter hasnt done an expose on his dealings when at Tigerland, would make an interesting article.Of course she wouldnt now would she that 2 faced twit.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 12:21:49 AM »
Caro often gets off-field scoops so as a journo she does her job but since the 2004 board election she has become overtly bitter towards the RFC and certain individuals within it. It would be fair enough if she criticized us about our on-field performances but Caro usually only sticks to off-field issues in her articles. The club has done well off-field - $1 million profit, record membership, etc... - so it was a ridiculous BS thing to say from someone who claims to be a Tiger supporter at heart  ::).

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 03:00:38 PM »
and Richmond is in a stronger financial position.

I took it to mean we are no longer a basket case and are strong finance wise so the AFL would have no case in trying to push us north. ie she was talking us up, not down.

Caro says a lot that makes sense in her columns, she dealt out the dirt to us when we needed it and while I didn't like it at the time she was one catlyst that helped us put our house in order.

(I can't understand why so many dislike her. I love it when she disses the pwers that be in the AFL. Is it because she's a woman? She certainly cops a lot of flack over her looks, something that's never mentioned about Sheahan, Baum etc.)

My 2 cents worth. :)
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 03:51:15 PM »
and Richmond is in a stronger financial position.

I took it to mean we are no longer a basket case and are strong finance wise so the AFL would have no case in trying to push us north. ie she was talking us up, not down.

Caro says a lot that makes sense in her columns, she dealt out the dirt to us when we needed it and while I didn't like it at the time she was one catlyst that helped us put our house in order.

(I can't understand why so many dislike her. I love it when she disses the pwers that be in the AFL. Is it because she's a woman? She certainly cops a lot of flack over her looks, something that's never mentioned about Sheahan, Baum etc.)

My 2 cents worth. :)
Agree with the latter Beren that she gets picked on often because she is a woman but to me the way she just through our name in with the Roos, Dogs and Dees who receive CBF money from the AFL, it didn't come across as a compliment to the RFC. Perhaps I saw more in it as I find her now very negative towards Richmond.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
Fair enough MT.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Moi

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »
Agree with the latter Beren that she gets picked on often because she is a woman
Some men hate strong women - constant reminder of how p1ssweak they are themselves.
Go Caro, but lay off the relocation talk will ya!

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 04:22:33 PM »
Agree with the latter Beren that she gets picked on often because she is a woman
Some men hate strong women - constant reminder of how p1ssweak they are themselves.
Go Caro, but lay off the relocation talk will ya!

That's why people pick on her braces instead of the substance of her articles.
but yeh, in this case, where did you pull that one from Caro?
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 04:55:14 PM »
i support a relocation to santorini or andros or maybe simi or maybe rhodos.