Author Topic: Membership 2008 - new club record  (Read 34001 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Membership 2008
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »

well if they arent members they can get stuffed.
i cant stand those people. i have heaps of mates, all of which barrack for the blues and all give it to me about this that and the other.

i laugh in their face cause they are never members yet have the biggest mouths when their team is winning or the latest sign up judd

Don't be down on someone just because they aren't a member.  Among any number of possible personal reasons there are many people who just plain can't afford it.  Doesn't mean they aren't just as vocal, loyal, knowledgeable or important.  Practice some tolerance Daniel and it will come back to you in spades.  :shh

na mate i dont agree with u. read my post properly i was talking about friends of mine
for some maybe they cant afford but for most they are bandwagon supporters, who jump ship all the time
my friends is who im mostly referring to again and they can afford because they drive around in 50k plus cars, they are just bandwagon pricks who barrack for carlton who only pop their head when something good comes to their team, i.e judd!!
tiger supporters are the most loyal in the league make no mistake about that pal.
what we have had to endure makes us the most loyal in my book

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2008, 03:41:37 PM »
well if they arent members they can get stuffed.
i cant stand those people. i have heaps of mates, all of which barrack for the blues and all give it to me about this that and the other.
na mate i dont agree with u. read my post properly i was talking about friends of mine

Could have sworn you were referring to the Kangaroo supporters WP was talking about and then you went on to talk about your mates.  My mistake, the level of English I passed at school was obviously not of a sufficient standard to deal with comprehending the true meaning of your post.

The rest of your post just sounds like a rant at someone you don't particularly like or manages to get under your skin quite easily, especially when football is discussed.  Approximately half a million members of AFL clubs, a yearly attendance of nearly 6.5 million, and a television audience many millions in excess of that.  Sorry to be the one to break it to you Daniel but MOST supporters are not members.  Welcome to the real world.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »
im in the real world buddy and my english is fine. i cant help it if you dont understand my grammar, thats an issue you perhaps have with your level of schooling reached.

yes i have a issue with bandwagon supporters especially when they come from princess park, i dont hide that fact.

Stick to lawn bowls pal

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »
im in the real world buddy and my english is fine. i cant help it if you dont understand my grammar, thats an issue you perhaps have with your level of schooling reached.

yes i have a issue with bandwagon supporters especially when they come from princess park, i dont hide that fact.

Stick to lawn bowls pal

I rest my case. :-X

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
harbijian singh

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »
sachin is the man!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »
I appreciate where we are trackng MT but it is depressing when one works with dilluded North supporters who are in my face about their membership numbers.

Irony is of course they aren't members themselves  :whistle
I reckon I've known just one North supporter in my life (excluding at the footy). They're hard to find lol.

Just wait a couple of months WP and point to the final membership figures  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2008, 10:45:16 PM »
I appreciate where we are trackng MT but it is depressing when one works with dilluded North supporters who are in my face about their membership numbers.

Irony is of course they aren't members themselves  :whistle
I reckon I've known just one North supporter in my life (excluding at the footy). They're hard to find lol.

Just wait a couple of months WP and point to the final membership figures  :thumbsup.

;) :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »
I contacted the club about ticketed and non-ticketed memberships.

Was surprised to be informed that the Country/Interstate 5 is counted as ticketed.

It doesn't give access to enough games and doesn't give access to finals tickets yet is counted as ticketed because that condition is sanctioned by the AFL.

That should make things clear.
Memberships need to meet a set criteria to qualify as "ticketed" except the ones that don't qualify but the AFL decides don't have to.  :-\

Doesn't give access to finals tickets, so the AFL must have to separate those memberships from the official figures when allocating.

Makes it more baffling to me why they can't just count all club members then.

I'd love to know all of the memberships at other clubs which don't have to qualify as ticketed yet are counted due to a condition being sanctioned by the AFL.

The AFL's club membership tallies are a farce.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »

Was surprised to be informed that the Country/Interstate 5 is counted as ticketed.

It doesn't give access to enough games and doesn't give access to finals tickets yet is counted as ticketed because that condition is sanctioned by the AFL.

That should make things clear.
Memberships need to meet a set criteria to qualify as "ticketed" except the ones that don't qualify but the AFL decides don't have to.  :-\

Doesn't give access to finals tickets, so the AFL must have to separate those memberships from the official figures when allocating.

Makes it more baffling to me why they can't just count all club members then.

I'd love to know all of the memberships at other clubs which don't have to qualify as ticketed yet are counted due to a condition being sanctioned by the AFL.

The AFL's club membership tallies are a farce.

My understanding FF is that any membership that grants you entry to a game is deemed a ticketed membership

As for allocating finals tickets - I think the AFL policy there is akin to pin the tail on the donkey (or certain executives that work there ;D)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2008, 11:36:46 PM »

The Country/Interstate 5 is counted as a full membership as it also qualifies the holder to full voting rights.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2008, 11:45:26 PM »
Thanks for posting that info FF  :cheers.

I use to think there was a minimum number of games for a membership to be classed as ticketed. I thought it was 5 games as IIRC we use to have a "blockbuster" membership where you could attend 5 blockbuster games at the 'G. Being 5 games it snuck in as a ticketed membership(?). Obviously that's not right and it's more complicated than that going by what you've posted FF.

??? Adrian Anderson must be in charge of it  ???

The worst club is Essendon. You only find out the ticketed figure in July once the AFL releases each club's final tally and Essendon's is always 3-5 thousand below their quoted membership on their website.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

The Country/Interstate 5 is counted as a full membership as it also qualifies the holder to full voting rights.
All memberships qualify for full voting rights, Darth. Including non-ticketed.  ;)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »

My understanding FF is that any membership that grants you entry to a game is deemed a ticketed membership

Yeah, I've heard that WP but I don't think it's the case. I'd like to know what the actual criteria is.

MCC Tigers grants entry to 3 games. Pretty sure it's a non-ticketed membership.
Was told it was non-ticketed 2 years ago (when I had one) and that access to finals tickets was what deemed a membership "ticketed".

Trent Jacobs told me via email that Country/Interstate 5 is "ticketed" because the AFL has sanctioned that condition. I read that as saying it doesn't meet the criteria for ticketed but they'll count it anyway.

Hoping for confirmation on what the MCC Tigers membership qualifies as.

EDIT: Confirmed.

From the email -
"By AFL Membership standards, it is non-ticketed as it was a membership created by the Club, which doesn’t fall within their membership categories and doesn’t allow access to 11 games.

We have argued with them about this, but have never reached a favourable result."

That means 2 of our club memberships are non-ticketed. MCC Tigers and Tiger Insider.

I'd really like to see the official criteria of what qualifies a membership as ticketed (I get the feeling it's not set in stone at the AFL's whim anyway).
I won't be bothering the club again though. 2 replies to emails in 2 days with enlightening information is good going. I won't push it.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 11:13:36 AM by Fishfinger »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2008, 12:50:55 PM »
Our current membership is 17,002.