Author Topic: Wallace to stay or go???  (Read 13272 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Wallace to stay or go???
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »
I've never rated Johnson as a captain and his skills are slow and quite often ineffective. However, I will say that he does try his guts out for the team and is a pretty good tagger but we can't have players anymore that are only good at one thing.

Jack, I am still keen to find out what your RFC blueprint for success is?? Well that is if you have one...Might be good to hear something constructive for a change.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »
i agree tiga. a good tagger he maybe but he aint no cameron ling is he or kane cornes.

he may shut down a player as best he can but the ball that he does get he just shoots it straight into opposition hands. not what a captain should do.

my blue print. if we have another bad year captaincy should go elsewhere to lids or foley.

how can we be treated seriously if our captain cant lead us to a win week in week out.

he is barely in our top ten players. not good enough!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2007, 04:00:38 PM »
Quote from: Jackstar on June 30, 2004, 10:54:14 pm
Johnson (C)  Brown (VC)  Coghlan(DVC)

Jackstar
  Re: Next Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 11:04:43 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just my thoughts MT although this could be a common opinion within.

Seems someone was advocating him for the captain.

well done rog :thumbsup

if you keep looking you will find more stuff

stuff like tambling will be better than lids

stuff like sheeds knocked back a 3 year deal with the demons because he was promised the richmond job. :rollin

seems like with advise like jacks no-wonder the club is in the poo

now with him gone, things are looking up :whistle

Passionfruit

« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2007, 04:02:47 PM »
Good on you Blaisee

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »
Good on you Blaisee

great comeback jack

thanks for your support and the great support you are giving the RFC

Good to see you are not burning any bridges :thumbsup

Passionfruit

« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2007, 04:30:25 PM »
mate , have been a supporter all my life, always have and always will :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
mate , have been a supporter all my life, always have and always will :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Dunno why, nothing about the club pleases you!  ::)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »
im sorry if this offends but wallace is a joke

this year it was 2011 we will be ready and now its if we dont make the finals in 08 we have failed.

he doesnt know what he wants or expects from this team.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2007, 10:56:18 PM »
Plough said going by the ages of the playing list 2011 should be the time we start on a sustained period in the finals; not the first sign of finals. The thing he said wrong was 2007 would be a holding pattern. He obviously wasn't counting on injuries and poor form from our senior players who let us down badly.

In any case, to borrow a soccer phrase, football is a results business. Win a few early games and the media will be hunting after someone else to fry; lose a few and the heat will be on no matter what the excuse. It's the fickle nature of footy - people love you when you're winning and hate you when you're losing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2007, 10:59:22 PM »
Plough said going by the ages of the playing list 2011 should be the time we start on a sustained period in the finals; not the first sign of finals. The thing he said wrong was 2007 would be a holding pattern. He obviously wasn't counting on injuries and poor form from our senior players who let us down badly.

In any case, to borrow a soccer phrase, football is a results business. Win a few early games and the media will be hunting after someone else to fry; lose a few and the heat will be on no matter what the excuse. It's the fickle nature of footy - people love you when you're winning and hate you when you're losing.

that's why i reckon we should be supporting our club to the death. the media are doing a good enough job of sinking in the boots without the fans turning on the club as well  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »

that's why i reckon we should be supporting our club to the death. the media are doing a good enough job of sinking in the boots without the fans turning on the club as well  :banghead
Constructive criticism is fine though. It's repetitive bagging no matter what the Club does on or off field that gets  :sleep.

If and when we finally do start delivering on-field I reckon there's going to be massive rise in support for us that may surprise people. Sure there'll be the bandwagon element but even at games this year it felt as though Tiger supporters were urging the team to give them something to get right behind them. We still had the 3rd highest crowds overall. Deep down most of us are a pretty loyal bunch even if we're feral lol. Never again I want to see us put in the situation North now find themselves in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd