Author Topic: Gary March steps down as Concept Sports' CEO / More time to devote to RFC  (Read 647 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger boss gets some Saintly help
Mark Hawthorne | November 8, 2007

THE St Kilda invasion of Gary March's Concept Sports has taken a new twist, with former Saints director Glen Casey taking over as chief executive of the listed sportswear company.

March, president of the Richmond Football Club, has stepped aside as chief executive of the company he founded in 1992.

Concept Sports already has one former St Kilda president, Andrew Plympton, as its chairman, and his successor, Rod Butterss, as a major shareholder.

Last year, March hired Transition Group, the private business consultancy operated by Butterss and Casey, to assist with the turnaround of Concept Sports.

March has welcomed Casey's move into the key director's chair at Concept Sports. "When the opportunity came up to get someone of Glen's calibre, we jumped at the chance," March said.

"This frees me up to focus on what I do best, which is business development — negotiating new contracts and new deals — while Glen takes control of the daily operations."

March said as a result of the deal he would have more time to devote to Richmond, "although that did not come into the decision-making process". "I'm more than happy with the time I have had for Richmond," March said.

"We are about to make a million-dollar profit for the year, despite finishing last. In many ways, I wish Concept Sports was operating as well as the Richmond Football Club."

March also said Richmond would this year make a "significant increase" in its football department spending next season.

Butterss and Casey quit the St Kilda board last month following a challenge from the Footy First ticket.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tiger-boss-gets-saintly-help/2007/11/07/1194329318887.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gary March steps down as Concept Sports' CEO / More time to devote to RFC
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:53:08 AM »
March also said Richmond would this year make a "significant increase" in its football department spending next season.
Good to hear it's a significant increase. Hopefully most of that increase is towards more and better recruiting and development resources while the TPP is kept roughly just above the minimum 92.5% of the salary cap.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd