Author Topic: Sugar retiring or what Jak ?  (Read 2337 times)

Ox

Sugar retiring or what Jak ?
« on: November 10, 2007, 07:05:27 PM »
You got me excited earlier when u said Johnson would retire.

Story ??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Sugar retiring or what Jak ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »
There were rumours with 2-3 rounds left that Sugar was perhaps going to retire but he would have announced it by now if he was. There was another rumour saying he may step down as captain in favour of Newy but that's most likely crap also.

Sugar also needs just 2 more games to reach his 100th game with Richmond. Make sure we're eligible for any Father-Sons.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:34:56 PM »
There were rumours with 2-3 rounds left that Sugar was perhaps going to retire but he would have announced it by now if he was. There was another rumour saying he may step down as captain in favour of Newy but that's most likely crap also.

Sugar also needs just 2 more games to reach his 100th game with Richmond. Make sure we're eligible for any Father-Sons.

lol.

blx

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 01:03:50 AM »
The good part is he might just play his hundredth then retire.

The bad part is the AFL will probobly reset the number of games to 150 the year we don't want them to.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »
one can only hope.

if richmond had half a brain they would take the captaincy away from him and give it to bowden or someone.

this guy can play but the added presure of a captaincy has taken away the skills he once had at adelaide
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
So some really think the Captaincy has hindered KJ so much that it takes away from his footy

:rollin

Anyways, I hope he plays next year out as non captain and retires after that.

Bowden for Captain, 2008. Actually, Brown suits the number 17, maybe give it to him. Actually, I think the pressure of the captaincy would be too much for both of these guys, give it to someone that has no pressure, like, Richo or Newman or Tuck...  :P

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 07:45:08 PM »
to some extent i do yes but i really think he is just a average player at punt road and one who needs to give it away next year if we are any chance to progress with youth.

seriously all these younger guys on our list how do you think they feel when they see their captain kick it straight into the arms of josh drummond or fev or whoever else he did it to this year.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16:54 AM »
One thing that sticks out from KJ was against the Pies, in a tight spot, drew a couple of Pies players and threaded a handball through to Foley I think and he was miles in the clear.

That was brilliant footy, and shows he has a great footy brain. Maybe he just had a bad year. 
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

richmondrules

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 11:11:51 AM »
One thing that sticks out from KJ was against the Pies, in a tight spot, drew a couple of Pies players and threaded a handball through to Foley I think and he was miles in the clear.

That was brilliant footy, and shows he has a great footy brain. Maybe he just had a bad year. 

That's what I'm hoping.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »
thats all good and well but these young kids need a leader. a guy who can lift them when there down.

he aint the one for that. no where near what a captain should be. thats why i want to see without the captaincy and i bet you will see a different KJ

retygas

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 04:21:55 PM »
I for one don't think that I would want any offspring from a dud like Kane Johnson. So let him retire before the father and son rule can come into affect. Leave him on 99 games. I think he is the most worthless player on our list and to have that as a captain no wonder we finished where we did. But I don't place all the blame on him as its a team sports but in that we need a good leader and he is far from that and I to would like to see Browny with it or Bowden.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:37 PM »
If there is a change in the captaincy then I'd like to see a generational change. Someone outside the four Plough originally chose the captain from.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 08:00:53 PM »
I for one don't think that I would want any offspring from a dud like Kane Johnson. So let him retire before the father and son rule can come into affect. Leave him on 99 games. I think he is the most worthless player on our list and to have that as a captain no wonder we finished where we did. But I don't place all the blame on him as its a team sports but in that we need a good leader and he is far from that and I to would like to see Browny with it or Bowden.

here here

team sport it maybe but it doesnt help when ur leader is useless and kicks it the opposite way a few times a game.

cant wait till someone bags me for writing this but ill fight this argument till the cows come home. this guy is not a leader and if u want to move forward it must be without him..FACT

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »
We're not exactly overflowing with obvious on-field leaders to choose from though :-\.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »
keep sugar as captain for 1 more yr

i dont rate him as a captain but i think sugar should remain captain

i wanna see deledio be a vc next yr and do a leadership apprenticeship then be captain the following yr