Author Topic: Mark Fine on SEN is deranged lol  (Read 4135 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mark Fine on SEN is deranged lol
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »
He was offered the choice of drafting 3 SEN commentators - KB, Billy Brownless, Timmy Watson, David Schwarz, Daniel Hartford and Liam Pickering - at their football prime.

He left KB out  ???.

1. Schwarz
2. Watson
3. Pickering
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

Re: Mark Fine on SEN is deranged lol
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:49:33 PM »
That's very funny. Did he give reasons?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
That's very funny. Did he give reasons?
Fine said people forget how good a footballer Pickering was at his peak. He was basing Pickering's peak on one year. Watson was one of the best players of his era while Ox at his peak was a sensational CHF. On the other hand Fine said KB was a more consistent and more talented footballer over a long period which didn't make sense anyway. Like he was saying KB's "peak" wasn't as good as the others  ???. 27 goals in one finals series sounds like a superior "peak" to me  :whistle. Fine did admit listeners would call him crazy.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
I was driving home hearing that I could not believe it saying he had a bone to pick with him because KB had feasted on the Saints over the years :whistle
A journalists job is to call it how he sees it not where his her opinion lies. For goodness sakes all newspapers and such are all editorials on people opinions.  :whistle

Hello moron so did Garry Ablett on us in the 90's but if I had to pick between Gazza and Steven Handley who played in the same era I would not pick Handley because Gazza used to dine out on us.

Just for the record me and my mate agreed.
1. KB
2. Timmy Watson
3. Liam Pickering

richmondrules

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »
Fine said people forget how good a footballer Pickering was at his peak. He was basing Pickering's peak on one year. Watson was one of the best players of his era while Ox at his peak was a sensational CHF. On the other hand Fine said KB was a more consistent and more talented footballer over a long period which didn't make sense anyway. Like he was saying KB's "peak" wasn't as good as the others  ???. 27 goals in one finals series sounds like a superior "peak" to me  :whistle. Fine did admit listeners would call him crazy.

So I take it he doesn't really watch much football. I have no problems with Watson or Pickering but Schwarz? He is the guy who played for Melbourne right? Or is there another Schwarz that I missed who was an out an out champion. My Melbourne supporting family all got very excited about Schwarz but I didn't, and still don't, see it. There are always players who stand out in the competition and he wasn't one of them. A very good "Melbourne" player yes but not an out and out champion. KB was and out and out champion no doubt, a freak in his day and he sits very comfortably alongside names like Hart, Ablett and Carey.

Way to make yourself look like a complete moron Mark Fine.  :wallywink Oh well, has given me a bit of a chuckle.

Wonder if KB will refuse to set foot inside SEN until Mark Fine no longer works there. lol.  :rollin LOVE YA KEVIN  ;)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »

So I take it he doesn't really watch much football. I have no problems with Watson or Pickering but Schwarz? He is the guy who played for Melbourne right? Or is there another Schwarz that I missed who was an out an out champion. My Melbourne supporting family all got very excited about Schwarz but I didn't, and still don't, see it. There are always players who stand out in the competition and he wasn't one of them. A very good "Melbourne" player yes but not an out and out champion. KB was and out and out champion no doubt, a freak in his day and he sits very comfortably alongside names like Hart, Ablett and Carey.

Way to make yourself look like a complete moron Mark Fine.  :wallywink Oh well, has given me a bit of a chuckle.

Wonder if KB will refuse to set foot inside SEN until Mark Fine no longer works there. lol.  :rollin LOVE YA KEVIN  ;)

IIRC Schwarz spent most of his time on crutches.  :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »
When Balmey was coaching the Dees and they made a PF (might have been 94), Schwarz had a blinder of a year at CHF but like tiga said he spent the rest of his career on crutches thanks to 4? ACLs.

richmondrules

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 07:14:37 AM »
When Balmey was coaching the Dees and they made a PF (might have been 94), Schwarz had a blinder of a year at CHF but like tiga said he spent the rest of his career on crutches thanks to 4? ACLs.

The media really do love a CHF. 1 good year vs 406 consistently good to great games. 5 premierships, club captaincy, Norm Smith medal, 5x Best and Fairest winner and 2nd in the Brownlow IIRC. I seriously hope Mark Fine isn't on the draft selection committee for Richmond.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
RROFO KB played 403 games   :thumbsup

richmondrules

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
RROFO KB played 403 games   :thumbsup

Oh in that case I agree, Schwarz is much more worthy.  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »
RROFO KB played 403 games   :thumbsup

Oh in that case I agree, Schwarz is much more worthy.  ;D

Knew you would come into line eventually RROFO   :rollin  :lol :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »
Bartlett    1965-1983   403 games  778 goals   
Most goals in a season - 84 (1980)
50+ goals in a season - 5 times
Most goals in a finals series - 27 (1980)

Schwarz   1991-2003   173 games  253 goals
Most goals in a season - 60 (1994)
50+ goals in a season - 1 time
Most goals in a finals series - 6 (1994). Kicked just 11 goals from 9 finals in total.

Good one Finey  :stupid

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 11:46:44 PM »
I stopped listening to SEN a fair while back, the next time Ill listen to it is on Saturday morning for the draft, then Ill be on here to deliver the fire and brimstone hahahahahaha  :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »
I stopped listening to SEN a fair while back, the next time Ill listen to it is on Saturday morning for the draft, then Ill be on here to deliver the fire and brimstone hahahahahaha  :lol
And I'll bring the Marshmallows.  :lol