Author Topic: RFC makes $1.031 million profit  (Read 1736 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
RFC makes $1.031 million profit
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
Tigers’ president Gary March suggested that although the club finished last on the ladder, the club is in good shape going forward.

“Although it was an extremely disappointing year for the Club on-field, our off-field performance has continued to improve,” March said.

The Tigers recorded a profit of $1.031 million in 2006/07.

Source: footygoss

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC makes $1.031 million profit
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 01:28:23 PM »
 :clapping  Off field continues to thrive.  Time for the blokes on the paddock to catch up.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »
If that's right then that's a fantastic effort by Wright and co at the RFC. Great news  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »
Its a very positive result for the club of the field. So congratulations to all people involved in bringing in new revenues and working on cutting costs and running the place efficiently and profitably.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 02:42:47 PM »
Its a very positive result for the club of the field. So congratulations to all people involved in bringing in new revenues and working on cutting costs and running the place efficiently and profitably.

i have to get my eyes checked, or I must be going insane :help

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »
Richmond make $1 million profit
Sam Edmund | Herald-Sun | November 23, 2007

RICHMOND made their first seven-figure profit in 2007 with a gain of $1,031,077, despite finishing with the wooden spoon.

It  breaks last year's record of $948,586 and is the club 's  third consecutive profit.

“Although it was an extremely disappointing year for the club on-field, our off-field performance has continued to improve,” president Gary March said.

“The changes implemented by the club at the end of 2004 are now bearing fruit."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22807410-11088,00.html

blx

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »
Excellent work by March, Wright and all the hard working staff down at Tigerland  :thumbsup

hmmm, some people have no idea

and its no surprise they have a powerfull president not like our weak one.

::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 06:14:36 PM by blx »

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 04:03:31 PM »

i have to get my eyes checked, or I must be going insane :help

As I said a million times, I give credit where credit is due and I stick the boots in when I feel its necessary. Thats how it works with me. They produced a very good result, that is undeniable, therefore I give my acknowledgement and my congratulations. Lets hope the club does well tomorrow otherwise you and me will be here tomorrow for round 3 lol.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
Great effort by all involved in making this happen.

Now all we need to do is start playing decent footy.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 06:16:53 PM »
Now all we need to do is start playing decent footy.
As we all continue to say, imagine how much money we would make if we were successful on-field. We'd be rolling in it.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 06:36:51 PM »
Spot on MT,

lets hope tomorrow is another stepping stone in that process.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 12:24:50 AM »
TIGERS ANNOUNCE RECORD PROFIT
RFC Club email

The Richmond Football Club is pleased to announce a record net profit of $1,031,077 in 2007.

This is the Club's first million dollar profit and it breaks the previous record of $948,586, which was set in 2006. It is the third consecutive year the Tigers have made a profit.

Highlights from 2007 also include:
* Record membership
* Record sponsorship
* Third highest match attendance in AFL resulting in increased match receipts
* Significant debt repayment
* The club having positive net assets at the end of the financial year for first time
since 2003
* Profit recorded before gaming and Jack Dyer Foundation income reflecting profitable football operations
* Significant increase in Football Department expenditure
* Board stability remaining for 2008

"Although it was an extremely disappointing year for the Club on-field, our off-field performance has continued to improve," said Richmond's President Gary March.

"The changes implemented by the Club at the end of 2004 are now bearing fruit. This continued improvement in our trading result is due to the Club's ability to increase its revenue base, while implementing strict disciplines with regards to all areas of expenditure.

"It is the Board’s view that the financial improvements made over the past three years are sustainable, and we now have a viable business model that will ensure the Club continues to not only record profits in the future but also keeps reinvesting in the growth of our Football Department.

"The Club has now repaid its debt in relation to the construction of the administration and swimming-pool building at Punt Road . . .  We are in a strong position to embark on the final phase of the re-development of the Punt Road facilities.

"We continue to address our overall debt, which has been reduced by over $1m during the past two years, while balancing the need to further increase spending in the Football Department to ensure we keep pace with all the other clubs in the competition.

"Pleasingly, the Club's net asset position has improved from a negative $745,412 in 2004, to a positive asset balance now of $848,159.

"Of course, we now need to bounce back quickly on-field to regain credibility with our members and supporters. In 2008 we will further significantly invest in the areas of recruiting and player development to ensure this occurs as soon as possible.

"Next year will be pivotal for us, as it marks the Club's Centenary in the AFL/VFL competition.  Given our proud history, it is incumbent on our current team that we make a bold showing in the 2008 season."

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 09:43:30 AM »
Fantastic stuff off field lets hope success is implemented on field now. :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 12:44:00 AM »
* Significant debt repayment
* Significant increase in Football Department expenditure

we now have a viable business model that will ensure the Club continues to not only record profits in the future but also keeps reinvesting in the growth of our Football Department.

"We continue to address our overall debt, which has been reduced by over $1m during the past two years, while balancing the need to further increase spending in the Football Department to ensure we keep pace with all the other clubs in the competition.

"Pleasingly, the Club's net asset position has improved from a negative $745,412 in 2004, to a positive asset balance now of $848,159.
The most important thing there is we've been able to reduce our debt while at the same time increase footy dept. spending. Good news to be back in the black.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »
Sensational result :clapping :clapping

Well done to all on the board, especially the President (if people only knew how much he does and how well respected he is within the AFL ;)), our first class CEO Steve Wright and all the staff.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)