Author Topic: David Gourdis [merged]  (Read 17596 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Gourdis has been promoted off the rookie list
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
Congrats David.

This guy has improved heaps since he first appeared at Punt Road. Hope he has a big future.
Go Tigers!

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: Gourdis has been promoted off the rookie list
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »
he was a goer at subi   great athlete  hope he makes the most of the opportunity
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gourdis in for his debut as well
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
Dave to debut as well this week.

3 weeks to prove himself?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Gourdis [merged]
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2010, 05:25:06 PM »
Good luck to him. Has earnt his spot in the side

Con65

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
Absolutely earnt his spot.

Well done David...make the most of it and enjoy every second of your debut against the Blues at the MCG.

the claw

Re: Gourdis?
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
And FWIW, even though this post is about Gourdis and you have mentioned Putt you can apply the same theory and be just as correct on Gourdis.  Taking too long to show anything at all - project players or not, they should be regular Coburg senior players by now if they are going to make it in the AFL.  Time to cut our losses on both.
Agree smokey. It seems Hardwick has brought the Hawthorn criteria to us. If you haven't cemented your spot in the AFL seniors within 5 years then bye-bye (Patto). We only have 9 Tigers older than 23 now and it's only that many due to existing contracts.

Likewise if you haven't at least cemented your spot in the Coburg seniors within 2 years then bye-bye.
i know this was last yr but i think the number of players who are  23 or older has now blown out to 20 players.  it soon will  be 21 as nahas turns 23 at the end of the yr.

for me these older players have been the crux of our problem. theres only probably half a dozen of any real quality the rest you would not miss if traded or delisted.

they are are cousins, deledio, foley , graham, jackson, king, mcguane, mcmahon, moore, morton, newman, polak, polo, roberts, simmonds, tambling, thomson, thursfield, tuck, white. and soon nahas.

players who will be 23 next yr include - collins, connors, edwards, hislop, orielly, riewoldt, webberley.

seems to me if you are correct about the 5 yr rule there are a lot of decisions to be made at tigerland come seasons end.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »

Well done David...make the most of it and enjoy every second of your debut against the Blues at the MCG.

Totally agree, makes it 11 at Tigerland which must be some kind of record.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ramps

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Finally another Greek in RFC colors. Its good to see the Goo following in the footsteps of John Rombotis, Garry Frangalas and the great Athas Hrysoulakis  ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
Finally another Greek in RFC colors. Its good to see the Goo following in the footsteps of John Rombotis, Garry Frangalas and the great Athas Hrysoulakis  ;D

LMAO at the last name.

remember seeing that bloke kick a bag at VFL park as a kid.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
Goo Army better turn up now. ;D

He's bloody Aussie to me.

Why do Anglos get the Aussie tag and the rest say they are from the country of their surname?

Strange.

The only real Aussies are the indigenous.

Anyway ,rant over.

Hope Aussie Goo has a great game Saturday.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Gourdis?
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »
And FWIW, even though this post is about Gourdis and you have mentioned Putt you can apply the same theory and be just as correct on Gourdis.  Taking too long to show anything at all - project players or not, they should be regular Coburg senior players by now if they are going to make it in the AFL.  Time to cut our losses on both.
Agree smokey. It seems Hardwick has brought the Hawthorn criteria to us. If you haven't cemented your spot in the AFL seniors within 5 years then bye-bye (Patto). We only have 9 Tigers older than 23 now and it's only that many due to existing contracts.

Likewise if you haven't at least cemented your spot in the Coburg seniors within 2 years then bye-bye.
i know this was last yr but i think the number of players who are  23 or older has now blown out to 20 players.  it soon will  be 21 as nahas turns 23 at the end of the yr.

for me these older players have been the crux of our problem. theres only probably half a dozen of any real quality the rest you would not miss if traded or delisted.

they are are cousins, deledio, foley , graham, jackson, king, mcguane, mcmahon, moore, morton, newman, polak, polo, roberts, simmonds, tambling, thomson, thursfield, tuck, white. and soon nahas.

players who will be 23 next yr include - collins, connors, edwards, hislop, orielly, riewoldt, webberley.

seems to me if you are correct about the 5 yr rule there are a lot of decisions to be made at tigerland come seasons end.

Gourdis has been in the system only three year and is 21. I wouldn't classify him as an old player quite yet. Check most other club lists - even with all these 'older' players we are still the youngest list in the league.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »

Totally agree, makes it 11 at Tigerland which must be some kind of record.
It's 12 now with both O'Reilly & Gourdis debuting this week
I think Collingwood had 13 one year as they were rebuilding after their last grand final appearances

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »
How did we all see Goo's first game?

Ramps

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
I only saw the first half- athletically he goes good, his kicking in the first half was sound, pace wise very good, didnt see the 2nd half, based on 1st half he has a place at RFC and I would have him infront of Post and 1 or 2 others who want to play in KPs.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
Thought he struggled letting his man go a few times. That said there were a few ordinary efforts down back. Hardwick has shown for the most part this year that you need to work hard to get into the team, but once you are there you get a couple of cracks so I'd expect to see Gourdis go around next week.