Author Topic: Jeff Bond  (Read 3480 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Jeff Bond
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
Tigers in major development boost
1:21 PM Wed 12 December, 2007

for richmondfc.com.au

Richmond Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Jeff Bond, one of Australia’s leading sports psychologists and corporate trainers to the new position of General Manager – Learning and Development.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=6301&newsId=54232
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:45:15 PM by one-eyed »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond Football Club appoints Jeff Bond
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:58:46 PM »
Sounds interesting, it appears that we are finally getting into an offield position similar to some of the successful clubs.

Hopefully this can help develop the young talent that we have on out list and give us the success that we deserve.

:gotigers

Another brainchild of Steven Wright  :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
Saw the word Bond and I think I did a litle bit of pooh in my pants

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:00:07 PM »
Great initiative of the club particularly with the current state of our playing list and culture. We have had a losing culture at our club for decades which has been passed on from the more senior players to the new recruits, consciously or unconsciously.

Having someone around the club who specifically deals with instilling mental strength, determination to win and a drive to succeed is brilliant in my opinion.

We need our young up and coming stars to carve out their own era of success because unfortunately we do not have senior players to show them that path. I hope Bondy can teach them how to dig deep, fight and crawl their way across the finish line in the close games and smash their opponents when they are on top.

Another great step forward for the club

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:48:56 PM »
Excellent news. Well done again RFC  :clapping.

From 1982
We've got someone on board who has been involved in building successful teams for as long as we haven't lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 05:55:19 PM »
 :thumbsup

There you go Judd. Lucky you didn't come here lol.

$$$

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 06:24:43 PM »

$$$
;D

It would have cost us at least Cotchin and Rance too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 06:36:53 PM »

$$$
;D

It would have cost us at least Cotchin and Rance too.

Doesn't matter MT we're going nowhere. Just ask Juddy.

Seriously though. All the hype about Carlton revolves around their high priced golden idol and the number 1 pick they were crap enough to be able to thieve. We have a lot less of the spotlight but are slowly and surely unveiling the pieces to make us successful in the future. I know what I'm most excited about, and I'm pleased it's being done on the quite. We will sneak up on people and all of a sudden they'll all be  wondering where we came from.

A lot of pressure on Carlton and there will be plenty gunning to bring them back down to earth down. 15 teams and 15 groups of feral opposition supporters.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »
“This is an innovative, new role – the first of its kind in the AFL and Jeff brings impeccable credentials to the club. We are delighted to have him on board,” Wright said.

“Jeff will head up a new Department of Learning and Development. He will work right across the club’s entire operations with a highly-credentialled support team.

“In years gone by, clubs solely focused on the physical development of the players. These days the areas of development and training at AFL clubs is so much more complex.  It’s about helping make the players mentally stronger and better able to perform to their optimum at the game’s elite level both on and off the field, as well as ensuring that our staff are working to their maximum potential.

Better late than never.  RFC, welcome to the AFL.  Things changed in the past, but the small time mentality within the club always remained the same, and our results matched that mentality.  This is now a vastly different opportunity, where things can significantly change for the better.

I should be over joyed, because I’ve been waiting for something like this for years.  But have been burnt too many times in the past when RFC declared that they were turning over a new leaf.  So, at this stage, would prefer to wait until there’s some substance to it all, before I start whistling a happy tune.  Although, I am a little bit tempted, as this could turn out to be our best recruit.  We can only hope.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 08:01:30 PM »
lock him in a room with Collard over the season  :lol

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »

From 1982
We've got someone on board who has been involved in building successful teams for as long as we haven't lol.

Very positive appointment by the club.  A great get.

Would be happy to see Bond involved in weeding out a few of mentally suspect and have a significant input into the mental assessment pre-draft.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger coach Jeff Bond awarded OAM
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
Tiger coach Bond awarded OAM
afl.com.au
1:34 PM Mon 26 January, 2009

FOR ALMOST three decades, Richmond development manager Jeff Bond has been helping Australian athletes think of themselves as winners.

As one of the country's trailblazers in the field of sports psychology, he helped swimmers, rowers, equestrian riders and skiers produce their best in five summer and four winter Olympics, and established a key aspect of elite sport coaching.

Bond, the first psychologist at the Australian Institute of Sport, has been awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in recognition of his work, which also included helping Pat Cash win Wimbledon in 1987.

Bond ... is currently the learning and development general manager at Richmond.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=71473

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jeff Bond
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 08:44:07 PM »
Team psych Jeff Bond gone as well apparently

http://sports.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/92294

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 09:16:33 PM »

From 1982

Very positive appointment by the club.  A great get.

Would be happy to see Bond involved in weeding out a few of mentally suspect and have a significant input into the mental assessment pre-draft.

Well no wonder they flicked him!!! Give us back that OAM while you're at it fraud!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 12:16:45 AM »
Saw the word Bond and I think I did a litle bit of pooh in my pants
I saw the word Jeff and did a little bit of a pooh in my pants too!!