Author Topic: Craig Cameron signing off  (Read 2016 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Craig Cameron signing off
« on: December 12, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »
Just a note to everyone at Demonland to say thanks for all the support and banter over the past few years.

I wish all of you, even those that think I’m a disloyal dud, all the best for the future. I really do hope the Demons enjoy the ultimate success in the near future. I've loved my time as a Demon and I've even enjoyed sparring with some of you on the boards.

11 Years is a long time in one organisation. A new coaching and football management team will bring new energies and ideas to a football club that has had a pretty stable Football Department for 10 years. I felt that my energy levels for the position with MFC had waned in the past year and that it would be unfair to both Dean Bailey and Chris Connolly to continue if I couldn’t give them 100%. Coaches can change from Assistant to Development to Senior to backline to forward line to midfield and back again to remain fresh and energised. A recruiting manager really needs to change clubs to feel the same rejuvenation.

There is no animosity at all toward Melbourne, in fact quite the opposite it is very difficult to leave. But the time is right for me to accept a new challenge. In making the decision I took into account a number of factors. While as an employee of the club I am passionate about the club’s success, I had to consider that this is my profession and what pays my mortgage and kid’s school fees. I hasten to add that money was not a factor; it is not a matter of a bigger club out bidding a less wealthy club. In discussions with Melbourne regarding the move money was never discussed.

The other factor is my family connection to Richmond. I grew up barracking for the Tigers. My great grand father played for them as did my father, he is also a life member. My grandfather’s ashes were sprinkled on Punt Road oval. The connection is very strong. It is unlikely that I would have moved to any other club at this time.

Anyway, good luck. I believe that Dean Bailey will be an excellent coach for this football club. He is innovative and has a great ability to teach players. Chris Connolly has an unbridled enthusiasm and will to build the club and reconnect many of the disaffected external parties. The list of 24 year old and under players should come through and provide a solid base for the club to build on for the future. It’s time for someone else to have a ‘crack’ at building on the list and hopefully find the star that we couldn’t quite unearth in the last 10 years. (Maybe there is one there already lying latent. Let’s hope so).

Thanks and good bye

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402493

first saw this on bigfooty. CC sounds like a really decent bloke. then i went over to demonland where it was first posted, lol at the demon fans calling us nasty  :thumbsup :lol

Ramps

Re: Craig Cameron signing off
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:14:10 PM »
I have been taking a break from posting on OER over the last few days, but I feel compelled to post here and say that for the sake of the forum- that if Craig Cameron is going to post in an online community that he does so in the unofficial/official forum that is OER. MT & WP must do there duty and bring him to this fine establishment so that Jacko, Bracketboy, 3x, me and our other brethren can single handedly entice him to the negative side ;D, and besides if he stuffs up we can all have the knowledge that we can all come in here and stick the boots in which Jacko has a particularly knoweledgable expertise.

Anyway, my postings in here over the next couple of months will be on and off and sporadic, I will post when I feel the need to give an idea to improve the forum. And finally, Gourdis was a good selection as was Collard. Bond coming from the AIS is also a good move, but imho it will take 2 years for his work to start to come to fruition.

Until next time, stay safe, have a great Christmas and holiday period.

Cheers
Ramps  :cheers

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:21:15 PM »
Cheers Ramps.
I will have to spend some quality time myself thinking about who to put the boots into next :lol.
I think that Tivendale will get some repreive in 2008 with the recent signing of Jordon McMahon. ::)
As for Craig Cameron, he is ok. actualy good, a tiger man as well, not like one of the ""johnny came latelys"" that have infected punt road in recent times, lol
 :santa :cheers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 06:18:07 PM »
Interesting. Thanks for posting that bluey.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
The other factor is my family connection to Richmond. I grew up barracking for the Tigers. My great grand father played for them as did my father, he is also a life member. My grandfather’s ashes were sprinkled on Punt Road oval. The connection is very strong. It is unlikely that I would have moved to any other club at this time.
Blood is thicker than water  :thumbsup although he'll probably get more water at RFC too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 07:03:41 PM »
Blood is thicker than water  :thumbsup although he'll probably get more water at RFC too.

I dunno about that. From my experience there's lots of blood spilt around the RFC.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 07:16:34 PM »

I dunno about that. From my experience there's lots of blood spilt around the RFC.
By those that were thick  :yep. Hopefully those days of irrational shortsighted decisions are a thing of the past.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
Cheers Ramps.
I will have to spend some quality time myself thinking about who to put the boots into next :lol.
I think that Tivendale will get some repreive in 2008 with the recent signing of Jordon McMahon. ::)
As for Craig Cameron, he is ok. actualy good, a tiger man as well, not like one of the ""johnny came latelys"" that have infected punt road in recent times, lol :santa :cheers

thats right jack,

a tiger man with the best interests of the club at heart, not a disgruntled EX-employee like you, spreading blatant lies on public forums.

You are a disgrace. :wallywink

Little Jackie

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
Cheers Ramps.
As for Craig Cameron, he is ok. actualy good, a tiger man as well, not like one of the ""johnny came latelys"" that have infected punt road in recent times, lol :santa :cheers

thats right jack,

a tiger man with the best interests of the club at heart, not a disgruntled EX-employee like you, spreading blatant lies on public forums.

Love your work Blaisee, high quality stuff like usual ::)
 :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
Cheers Ramps.

thats right jack,

Love your work Blaisee, high quality stuff like usual ::)
 :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

jack

Aren't you one of the "johnny came latelys" at your current club?

:thumbsup

Little Jackie

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »
Umm ::)  I am back at punt road :lol :lol :lol :lol

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

Gosh the club must be serious about getting the No 1 draft pick next year.

:thumbsup

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »

of course you are  ;)