Author Topic: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?  (Read 14430 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2009, 11:39:03 PM »
You have to be very lucky to unearth a diamond that far down. That's why clubs pass on late picks and trial players before the PSD.

Contradicting yourself here fish. There is still quality later in the draft. Some good players have come out of the rookie draft from that year. Interesting isn't it that White has turned out the best of the lot from the 2005 draft so far,yet he was the speculative one in the PSD. ::)
Instead of digging for another diamond at 56 we ended up with a worthless lump of coal in Paddy.
If you don't play you don't get and we simply did not have enough picks in 2005  for a side that was rebuilding.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:00:41 AM by Mr Magic »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »
For those that care, Tim Watson just said he believes Wallace will be coaching Richmond next year.

For the record he also thinks Malthouse, Thompson, Williams, Laidley and Worsfold will be gone. Reckons Williams will replace Malthouse at Collingwood.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2009, 08:49:06 AM »
Mark Thompson?

Some team might try to poach him, otherwise why would he go unless Geelong have a shocker of a year.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »
Mark Thompson?

Some team might try to poach him, otherwise why would he go unless Geelong have a shocker of a year.
Watson reckons Geelong will have one more good year and Thomson as a career coach will resign as you can only spend so long at one club (tell that to Sheeds Timmy). This started off bomber fans saying Thompson will replace Knighter in 2011.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
Can I jump slightly OT here guys (and girls) and just say how much I have enjoyed reading this particular thread.  I haven't bought in because I have my opinion and couldn't have added much more than what others were saying but the way the discussion has been conducted makes it one of the reasons I really enjoy this forum.  The difference between this thread and the childish, name-calling, mud-slinging, swearing ones point out how little some posters really have to say.  Thanks all.   :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
I've enjoyed the debate also smokey. MM in particular uses facts and argues the point rather than the 'man' so to speak, so he (and others here) and always worth reading.

I think Timmy Watson may be a bit off the mark with Thomson. With all the success he has been part of at the club it would be a big call to leave while they are still challenging.

Malthouse will be an interesting one as the football world rate him highly, as do I, but he has been at the club for a long time without a huge amount of success and without any offical rebuild (though secretly, with a large percentage of their list below 22, I think he has been).

Williams, Laidly and Worsfold would all be big chances which was a big reason I believe the Eagles tried to secure Voss as an assistant coach this year.

TW, who has been under the most pressure for his 5 year tenure, may find himself a more secure of all the coaches. Sounds like another coach firing frenzy year...

Stripes

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »
I've enjoyed the debate also smokey. MM in particular uses facts and argues the point rather than the 'man' so to speak, so he (and others here) and always worth reading.

Ta Striper & others. I have enjoyed the debate too and think that there are some valid points on both sides.
I guess we'll find out soon enough whether Terry will be coach in 2010 and beyond. As I have said before I will be more than happy if he's a runaway success because that will fundamentally mean Richmond will be successful too. 8)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »
You have to be very lucky to unearth a diamond that far down. That's why clubs pass on late picks and trial players before the PSD.

Contradicting yourself here fish. There is still quality later in the draft. Some good players have come out of the rookie draft from that year.
No contradiction.   :) That's my point. Some clubs, Richmond in particular, pass on late speculative ND picks they know little about in favour of keeping a PSD pick. They then invite some kids they are possibly interested in to get a look at them up close and make a more educated decision on whether any are worth drafting.
Obviously none jumped out in 2006 so they selected Kingsley. Without hindsight, a reasonable punt when 5 kids + Polak had already been added to the list.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Adam Pattison is a trier but sadly that is all he is.

If you think he will bring us a flag or close to it, then with all due respect Stripes you dont know poo about Football.

I cant say he is our worst pick ever but he is up there IMO with Fiora, S Morrison and Danny Meyer.

Face facts our 5 picks brought us only Lids as a success. The rest have done SFA. Hang on Tambling scored 5 goals against the Eagles in ONE game

TW will coach Richmond in 2009......but he will be judged come round 11. If no finals in sight and worse a bottom 4 looming its curtains and good riddans to a man who simply cant take us to that level.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:52 PM »

TW will coach Richmond in 2009......but he will be judged come round 11. If no finals in sight and worse a bottom 4 looming its curtains and good riddans to a man who simply cant take us to that level.

Shame we can't say the same about some people - good 'riddance' to those who show no capacity for understanding the reality behind football clubs.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »
Adam Pattison is a trier but sadly that is all he is.

If you think he will bring us a flag or close to it, then with all due respect Stripes you dont know poo about Football.

I can't remember even mentioning Patto on this thread  ??? For the record I think Patto will hopefully be overtaken by our younger rucks in 2009. He seems like a great fellow but I believe he lacks the pace, height and skills of someone like Vickery or Putt but they are still developing.

Thanks for your input though daniel.

Stripes

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2009, 12:37:06 AM »
not much chance now :whistle
2 years into a 35 year plan

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2009, 12:42:57 AM »
not much chance now :whistle

You have said not much chance SBT.
I give him none.