Author Topic: Sugar remains captain / leadership group for 2008 announced  (Read 2458 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Sugar remains captain / leadership group for 2008 announced
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »
For those who wonder why Sugar is still captain keep a copy of today's game  :P.

Newy - okay but the ball was in our defence a lot.

Foley - worst game he's played in 2 years.

Petts - was he playing?

Browny - didn't/wouldn't work hard enough. 10 possies is poor.

Bowden - could some be more disinterested.

Simmo - nice tapwork .... for North  :P

A perfect opportunity for someone to step up today and no one in our leadership group did. In fact most had shockers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
For those who wonder why Sugar is still captain keep a copy of today's game  :P.

Newy - okay but the ball was in our defence a lot.

Foley - worst game he's played in 2 years.

Petts - was he playing?

Browny - didn't/wouldn't work hard enough. 10 possies is poor.

Bowden - could some be more disinterested.

Simmo - nice tapwork .... for North  :P

A perfect opportunity for someone to step up today and no one in our leadership group did. In fact most had shockers.

Yeah I know MT you make a valid point but today all these potential leaders  had crap days, but it happens in footy and the fact Johnno was not playing was purely coincidental, however how about the lack of intensity shown by Johnno last year at a time when we were plagued by injuries and we needed our captain to fly the flag yet kids with virtually no experience and others showed more courage and leadership.  An argument that will stir the emotions and passions within all us. What's to say if the events of 8 days ago had not occurred and Johnno had a stinker also he'd have no excuse and ppl would be pulling their hair out. The way I see it with what happened Johnno was heaps worse than anyone who actually played today.

Surely we can't put Petts in our leadership group. Very soft and very selfish.
Lids needs to be in the leadership group as he is a future captain  of the RFC and I thought in the roles he was instructed to play in today he excelled. Johnson Bowden Brown should forget abt the captaincy just play footy at this stage of your career. We are going through alot of change at the club at the moment and leadership duties should be assumed by lads who will be the backbone of our club for the next 5-10 yrs not blokes going through the motions.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 12:02:05 AM »
Makes you wonder how much Sugar's misdemeanour affected the team.

Yeah it could be coincidence and we could have still been flat and played crap with Sugar in the side but at the end of the day he wasn't and when we needed the leadership group today to set the standard they looked disinterested. I can handle losing but not players especially so called leaders who don't give a stuff  :banghead.

Based on today you would give the captaincy to Tambo because he was one of rare few who weren't going through the motions. I almost fell over when I read Lids had 27 possies. His influence on the game was minimal IMO and like many of his teammates he lacked accountability. He won't get time in the midfield until he improves his defensive side of the game (chase).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd