Author Topic: Tambling - 2008 expectations?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tambling - 2008 expectations?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 04:42:04 AM »
Royal has high hopes for Tambo this year to start turning it on especially around the stoppages now that he's entering his 4th year and is bigger and stronger in the body. Mentioned again to us that people forget kids from Darwin take longer to develop as they go from training only two nights a week to everyday at AFL level. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 06:52:53 AM »
Royal has high hopes for Tambo this year to start turning it on especially around the stoppages now that he's entering his 4th year and is bigger and stronger in the body. Mentioned again to us that people forget kids from Darwin take longer to develop as they go from training only two nights a week to everyday at AFL level. 

Add to that new kid, new city, and stupid comparisons with out of control but talented potential stars who play a completely different position in a team with a bit less pressure on young players, and you end up with some challenging pressures for our boy Richie. Is he 21 yet? Oh I almost forgot, coping with the huge expectations of a large and success starved fan base.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 07:21:10 AM »

Add to that new kid, new city, and stupid comparisons with out of control but talented potential stars who play a completely different position in a team with a bit less pressure on young players, and you end up with some challenging pressures for our boy Richie. Is he 21 yet? Oh I almost forgot, coping with the huge expectations of a large and success starved fan base.

:clapping :clapping

Exactly

yes he is 21 - DOB 12/9/086
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 07:50:55 AM »
i have said it b4 and will say it again, Tambling will become a superstar and freak. in 10 yrs time the whole afl world will be in admiration of whathe has achieved and how gr8 he was become. he will prove to all that he should have been no1 in the draft not 4, and buddy will be a faded memory.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 02:58:29 PM »
i have said it b4 and will say it again, Tambling will become a superstar and freak. in 10 yrs time the whole afl world will be in admiration of whathe has achieved and how gr8 he was become. he will prove to all that he should have been no1 in the draft not 4, and buddy will be a faded memory.

You may well be right but if it's going to happen he needs to go up another notch this season.

I think he can. 8)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
i prefer to reserve my judgement till end of season.
if he has another sub-standard season this year and next ill be putting him into the same league as meyer and schulz
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 04:05:21 PM »

dont worry he will, and many critics will eat their own  humble pie full of pooh

You may well be right but if it's going to happen he needs to go up another notch this season.

I think he can. 8)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
Add to that new kid, new city, and stupid comparisons with out of control but talented potential stars who play a completely different position in a team with a bit less pressure on young players, and you end up with some challenging pressures for our boy Richie.
Straight out of Chocco Royal's mouth RROFO. We actually asked Royal to give us one name who will get us supporters excited this year and he immediately said Blingers.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 01:15:58 PM »
The foot injury will stall his progress a little.
Hopefully not too much. :pray

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »
Geez we know how to mozz our players don't we  :scream :P