Author Topic: Wayne Carey [merged]  (Read 12527 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wayne Carey [merged]
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2008, 07:24:19 PM »
Everyone has a right to defend themselves against anyone, man or woman.
But "reasonable" force in retaliation should be kept in mind for both, me thinks.
Yep. Don't think glassing falls under the category of reasonable force  :nope.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

bushranger

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2008, 01:41:02 PM »
Well Tigermonk here's my reply to you. She was just some chick, she was his girlfriend. So he should have more respect for her. But if some women came up to me that I didn't know and slapped me in the face , she would be on the ground right there and then. But to do it to the one that you love is so gutless. That is my point to it as she was not a nobody she was and maybe still is his girlfriend. And like it was stated to do it with a glass. I rest me case on that part.
Stranger I say yes if they hit you strike back.
A girlfriend I say no to that. And he's a big boy so he could have easily held her down to stop her.

Tigermonk

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2008, 11:37:57 PM »
Wayne Carey is a huge man yes,  l got a photo of him with my wife & was looking at it today,
l was just wondering about your statement,  about Any man that hits a woman is Gutless
But you answered it that you would hit them too  ;D l'm not having a crack at you but its a statement l heard alot in my life  ;D

bushranger

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »
Yer just maybe I should have written it like this. Any man that hits his wife or girlfriend is gutless. As they know their woman and that they are stronger than them. This is what I was on about
But I understand where you are coming from.
As there is about 80 to 90% of men out there that can over power their wives or girlfriends.
But any woman that hit you that you don't know is a totally different story, and would totally deserve getting belted back. I hope this has answered your question.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »
I wonder how much the ABC had to fork out to get Carey to agree to go on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »
Cost of his legal fees and reimbursment of lost earnings from his dumping from Channel 9 would have done the trick. :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2008, 09:39:49 PM »
I wonder how much the ABC had to fork out to get Carey to agree to go on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton.

Denton doesn't pay for interviews  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

Denton doesn't pay for interviews  :thumbsup

Correct - should be interesting. Denton is an exceptional interviewer... a few too many brains for Wayne
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 10:01:39 PM »
Not very interested in Wayno, but have this one bookmarked as Denton is awesome.
Should be interesting to say the least.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2008, 06:25:16 AM »
Wayne Carey shell-shocked, says Andrew Denton
Siobhan Duck and Geoff Wilkinson
March 28, 2008

WAYNE Carey wasn't really sorry for grabbing a woman's breast outside a nightclub, according to a new TV interview.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23443121-661,00.html

Ox

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2008, 07:53:56 AM »
Why do we care about a bogan from Waggas' social faux pass and inability to
let go of his self induced gangster image.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2008, 04:13:00 AM »
Alcoholic Carey binged every weekend of career
Samantha Lane | March 30, 2008

WAYNE Carey has identified himself as an alcoholic and admitted he drank to the point that he could drink no more every weekend of his 16-year football career — even in the lead-up to the three grand finals to which he captained North Melbourne.

Full article at:
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/carey-binged-every-weekend/2008/03/29/1206207499796.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2008, 09:33:41 PM »
Denton interview coming on now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »
Excellent interview by Denton.

Carey admits to some things yet he's still in denial. He's ability to remember some incidents in detail while totally off his face yet can't remember other incidents at all is convenient and hard to believe. I had to laugh when he said he didn't have aggression problems while on alcohol and drugs  :nope.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2008, 03:17:56 AM »
Carey got kicks from drugs
Karen Lyon | April 1, 2008

RETIREMENT from football was harder than expected for fallen superstar Wayne Carey, but it was only after he left the game he dominated for more than a decade that his alcohol problems escalated into drug use.

ON HEAVY DRINKING: "After every game I’d make sure the players got together and we’d go and have, you know, 20 or 30 beers."

ON THE INDECENT ASSAULT CHARGE: "I actually have no recollection of the night, whether that happened or didn’t happen. I pled guilty to something that I really had no idea whether I did it or not."

ON HIS AFFAIR WITH KELLIE STEVENS: "It was a catastrophic mistake to make. It was one of the worst decisions in my life and a decision that certainly changed the direction of my life."

ON HIS FATHER, KEVIN: "I got him a lot of tickets for all those grand finals, he didn’t come to any of those. I do know of one game that he watched me and I think that was when I was actually playing in Adelaide."

Full article at:
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/carey-got-kicks-from-drugs/2008/03/31/1206850812568.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1