Author Topic: Injury update  (Read 21517 times)

Ox

Re: Injury update
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2008, 02:10:32 AM »
Danny Myer is another Quentin

Tigermonk

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
Danny's not going to start in the seniors  :wallywink. I've got a feeling he'll play Sunday in the Coburg ressies. He was moving fine at training and not shying away from contested footy.

As you full well know on the track is softer to on the ground game day
every player on that ground wants to take you out at any chance just to get a edge
as OX said another Quinten  :thumbsup he can stay at Coburg for the rest of his life he makes a good VFL player

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »
Danny's not going to start in the seniors  :wallywink. I've got a feeling he'll play Sunday in the Coburg ressies. He was moving fine at training and not shying away from contested footy.

every player on that ground wants to take you out at any chance just to get a edge
as OX said another Quinten  :thumbsup he can stay at Coburg for the rest of his life he makes a good VFL player

you guys crack me up.
another quentin!!!hahaha

100% agree. should have taken hawks pick 50 for him, would've been better than still having him on our list
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »
Stu Dew at 45 for Hawthorn no thanks  :lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2008, 10:24:54 AM »
Mate I'm no expert, but as I said in another thread, would be very surprised if he is back playing for at least another couple of weeks.
RE: Cogs
He played, I was surprised and WTF makes the decision to play and train when you can hardly walk a flight of stairs.  :banghead

Tigermonk

« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2008, 10:31:41 AM »
Mate I'm no expert, but as I said in another thread, would be very surprised if he is back playing for at least another couple of weeks.
RE: Cogs
He played, I was surprised and WTF makes the decision to play and train when you can hardly walk a flight of stairs.  :banghead

just save that post for another 6 weeks CUB  ;D you need it again

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »

That didn't apply to Cogs or Cass :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
Injury list as of May 19 2008:

Andrew Raines            (Knee)       Test
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls (Arm)        1 week
Travis Casserly       (Hamstring)    1 week
Mark Coughlan       (Hamstring)    Indefinite

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »

you guys crack me up.
another quentin!!!hahaha

100% agree. should have taken hawks pick 50 for him, would've been better than still having him on our list

Pick 50 for a former first rounder 21 year old.

Yeah, brillant move  ::)

Meyer, JON (20), Casserly (20), Polo (21) should be given untill the end of 2009.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »
Injury list as of May 19 2008:

Andrew Raines            (Knee)       Test
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls (Arm)        1 week
Travis Casserly       (Hamstring)    1 week
Mark Coughlan       (Hamstring)    Indefinite

JON's very lucky to get away with just a week off from a broken arm.

We might have to send Cass to that German sports doctor too if he does another hammy. The poor kid can't take a trick with soft tissue injuries.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
We might have to send Cass to that German sports doctor too if he does another hammy. The poor kid can't take a trick with soft tissue injuries.
It is a fair thought but the club would have a different view on potential ROI when spending the ~$20k it did on Coughlan - untried draftee vs Jack Dyer medallist.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »
Any more news on what happened to Richo last Saturday?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2008, 03:12:56 AM »
Not sure julz. Richo didn't train on Tuesday but often the senior players have light weeks. Last week Browny and Sugar didn't train before the Geelong game yet they still played. Hopefully the big fella is fine. There's been no talk of him being in doubt.

It is a fair thought but the club would have a different view on potential ROI when spending the ~$20k it did on Coughlan - untried draftee vs Jack Dyer medallist.
The club still rates Cass pretty highly for someone who hasn't yet made his debut after 3 years on our list and Cogs' B&F was a whole 5 years ago and he hasn't played a game in 2 years. The club probably thinks with Cogs they had no alternative whereas Cass is still young and his body still developing so like Moore they might think he'll eventually come good.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2008, 07:59:47 AM »
The club still rates Cass pretty highly for someone who hasn't yet made his debut after 3 years on our list and Cogs' B&F was a whole 5 years ago and he hasn't played a game in 2 years. The club probably thinks with Cogs they had no alternative whereas Cass is still young and his body still developing so like Moore they might think he'll eventually come good.
Yeah, probably right MT.  FWIW I was quite impressed with Casserley in the pre-season game this year and was looking forward to seeing him this year.  He looked like he was someone ready and able to step up and cope.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
Danny Myer is another Quentin

another insightful post

such a hero