Author Topic: Congratulations Richmond  (Read 2706 times)

froars

Congratulations Richmond
« on: August 11, 2004, 02:04:52 AM »
I think you’ve handled the last month really fantastically since Danny announced his standing down.  You’ve managed this situation so well with, I think, Danny leaving the club with great respect for how you’ve treated him. 

Second, showing stability and unity by putting on hold all infighting so we could secure the “best” available coach, despite what Dermott says.  What a tosser lol.

By showing Hawthorn and the football world that by securing Wallace, not everyone thinks the Richmond Football Club is a basketcase and not worth salvaging.  With Wallace, we will stick it up their you know whats and be a force in the not too distant future. 

Everyone thought Wallace would pick the Hawks – well, good on you Terry for having faith in the future of this club.  You at one stage in your life hated the Tiges IMO.  I would luv to see by the end of your tenure you luving this club like we do and respect it like the football world soon will.

And my man Greg – what a performance by him.  He is the new Graeme Richmond (even if he doesn’t rate me lol).  Saying on MMM that he was calling Don Scott every day just to stir him up was a stroke of genius lol and I think GR would approve very much of this guy.  Don’t think he really did do this, but I think in years down the track might turn into legend.

Richmond supporters have been fantastic too – we have suffered hard the last 25 years.  I would hate to be someone who has never seen a premiership.  I really honestly believe you will see one by 2006, maybe 2007.  Be proud of your club, because if my experiences in the good years of the ‘60s and ‘70s are anything to go by, you are in for a fantastic time, not seen by any other club.  The Tiger supporter base is not a myth, it is very, very real and scary ;D for other clubs.

Call me the eternal optimist, but I think we are finally putting together a structure not seen since the ‘70s, and god help you other clubs and supporters.  You laugh at the RFC – enjoy it while it lasts, cos I think you’ll be laughing on the other side of your smug, prick faces pretty soon.

Go Tiges!

PS:  The things you do when you're excited and you can’t sleep lol

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Congratulations Richmond
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 02:38:22 AM »
They'll have to try very hard to bugger this one up, but I reckon they will manage to find a way, they always do!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 02:42:54 AM »
Well said Froars  :cheers.

There were some Tiger fans who criticized our demand for stability as "stability for stability's sake" such as taking that silly clause out of Danny's contract. But without it, none of great things that have occurred over the past month would have happened. The Club sadly had to suffer big time so it finally faced up to the dire situation it was in and got its act together. Hopefully time will show that Miller, Wright and Wallace are the right people to lead us out of 20+ years of mediocrity.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

2JD

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 07:55:02 AM »
why doesnt Miller rate you froars? ???

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 08:12:21 AM »
Yep, like Big Kev says, I'm excited :thumbsup

froars

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 08:22:54 AM »
I met him back at the Social Club on Sunday and told him what i thought about our drafting of late - he basically didn't agree with me.  He thought i was a nutter lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 08:37:55 AM »
Well said Froars.

I can honestly say I am looking forward to next season with genuine enthusiasm. I have always hoped that we would have a good year but this time it just feels so different.

There were some Tiger fans who criticized our demand for stability as "stability for stability's sake" such as taking that silly clause out of Danny's contract. But without it, none of great things that have occurred over the past month would have happened. The Club sadly had to suffer big time so it finally faced up to the dire situation it was in and got its act together. Hopefully time will show that Miller, Wright and Wallace are the right people to lead us out of 20+ years of mediocrity.

Couldn't agree more MT. Honouruing that contract may have been the best thing our footy Club has done in a long time.  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 11:06:13 AM »
Couldn't agree more MT. Honouruing that contract may have been the best thing our footy Club has done in a long time.  ;)

Cant agree with that....I acutally disagree with that 100%. I just think things would have been fast-tracked a year. Wallace would still have come to our club, just for season 2004 not 2005.

I think all that clause removal did was cause grief and more madness to our lives. It caused turmoil......
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 11:10:23 AM »

Cant agree with that....I acutally disagree with that 100%. I just think things would have been fast-tracked a year. Wallace would still have come to our club, just for season 2004 not 2005.

I don't think Wallace would have coached us this year (2004) if there was a job available - I don't even want to think about who would be coaching us now if we went looking at the end of last season :banghead

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 11:12:17 AM »
Wallace or Eade....which is what we had this year as our choices.

Im almost 100% certain it would have been one of those two.

Regardless........on we march. Damn its gonna be fun watching pre-season training this year.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 11:14:35 AM »
Regardless........on we march. Damn its gonna be fun watching pre-season training this year.

150% Agree! :bow :thumbsup

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 12:04:26 PM »
When's pre-season training starting ?

LMAOOO @ thousands on tiger fans turning up at the first pre-season training session.

LMAOOO @ all the toey tiger fans.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 12:34:09 PM »
Whilst I'm happy with Shaft's appointment, i'll wait to see some results before I get the sock out.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 02:01:12 PM »
When's pre-season training starting ?

LMAOOO @ thousands on tiger fans turning up at the first pre-season training session.

LMAOOO @ all the toey tiger fans.
HAHAHA exactly what I was thinking HH!