Author Topic: 2008 Best Line-Up  (Read 1783 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
2008 Best Line-Up
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »
OER People ... make your "Best Richmond Line-Up" for 2008 ...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2008 Best Line-Up
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:16:54 AM »
Early dayz but assuming all are at 100%..

B      King     Thursfield    Polak
HB McMahon   Schulz     J Bowden
C    Newman  Coughlan  Tambling
HF   Petiffer  Richardson   Brown
F    Connors    Deledio    Pattison 

R Simmonds Tuck Foley

IC: Johnson Polo Cotchin Edwards

Em: Morton Jackson J Riewoldt 

Not that easy. :-\ A few like Raines, Tivendale, Hyde etc. will miss out.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »
At this stage this is tough with so many cubs on the cusp.

B:   King            Thursty         Bowden
HB: McMahon     Schulz        Morton
C:   Sugar          Newman      Jacko
HF:  Petts           Polak           Richo
F:    Browny        Lids          Edwards
R:   Simmo      Tambling        Foley

Int: Patto, Tuck, Tivs, Raines

Emg: Hughes, Polo, Hyde

Cogs in our best 2009 side after a year getting back into footy. Same with Cotchin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

blx

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »
instead of making my favourite team i've been slowly putting a team together which is the team id like to see play the last game of the H&A season as thats the team i think will be around for awhile but ummm its still coming ... wont be long.

blx

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:52:59 PM »
ok i can tell you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my team  :wallywink, so here it is : remember this is the team i'd like to see selected in Round 22 off the back of form.

Shane Tuck and Andrew Raines were my first targets. Sorry to say but i think for all their strengths their cons outweigh their effectiveness.

Tuck, while a good getter of the ball inside still continues to sky the ball and turn the ball over around the ground through bad decision making and/or delivery.

OUT: Tuck     IN: COUGHLAN

Rainesy has no lateral game of any kind and is simply not a footballer. If his name wasnt Raines, i very much doubt he would even be on that field.

OUT: Raines     IN: CASSERLY

If you think those first two are crap decisions on my behalf then you wont like the next.

OUT: Petiffer     IN: MORTON

Told you. Wont happen i know but its still a move i'd like to see. Mitch Morton is a class act and i hope will eventually take Petts spot in the side. Why? because he will eventually offer two important things that Petts doesnt have. Foward defnsive pressure and another classy midfielder availiable for rotation. Simple decision really.

And what about this one : OUT: Johnson     IN: POLO  :o.

Yup, another that simply wont happen but... We all know about Jono. They're both similar players except one is older, slower and has shocking footskills even under no pressure... oh yeah and he has played in two winning grand finals. He wasnt by any stretch of the imagination pivotal in either but still he was there as a spritely (some would say, lucky) young player. Polo is an enigma in my books. He has an incredible way of being a super scrooge. You'll find it incredibly hard to get the ball off Mr Scrooge. He's also very versatile, a great tagger and has a huge engine to boot. His upside is a million times that of Jono's and the sooner we start thinking fresh, the quicker we'll start going places.

Alex Rance is a player i'd love to come on in his first year. Of all the juniors he's the one i want to click quickly. He offers alot of run, strength, height and agility and has very good disposal. I've penned him in for the bench.

Cotch is in there as well. Lets hope by round 22 both Cotch and Rance are in the side, if not, no big deal theres still plenty of time but once again in an idela world...

I think my team reflects less turnovers all over the ground, which is where i think we are suffocating. Tambling, Polak and Graham are my iffy choices. I hope they all come on this year otherwise it will be very dissapointing but if they do it gives the side a great look. As for Mcmahon...pfft.

So my Round 22 Team i hope would look something like this :

Brown               Deledio               Edwards
Richo                Patto                 Morton
Connors            Polo                   Tambling
Newman            Bowden              Polak
Moore              Thursfield            King
Simmonds          Foley                Coughlan

Graham, Casserly, Cotchin, Rance.

fire away...  :outtahere

Moi

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »
I think Petts is a bit stiff.
Like him or loathe him, 37 goals is a passable return in my book.

Little Jackie

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »
Petts is in our top 5 , like it or not.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
Sugar is struggling and maligned but he was highly rated at the Crows especially for those GFs. Perhaps we've Richmondised him.

Yep Petts is the least of our worries.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »

Petts is starting to mature. his a late bloomer you should see some good return from him this season again. l reckon he will post 50+.
with Petts Morton Brown & a fit Tuck roaming the area you should see all 4 have good seasons as long as they defend the forward zone & back each other up with some shepards & long shots which we know all 4 can acheive
only problem now will Wallace play them in their positions he would want to for the supporters sake & his job

blx

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 01:46:19 AM »
i agree with all the above points about petts and it seems you guys are willing to accept his only real strength is he can kick a few goals a game, and so he should because thats his whole game, nothing more, nothing less.

I will reserve my judgement on Morton because one game does not maketh a season and he's alot younger than Petts but i have a feeling he will furnish into a classier and most importantly a more versatile option who will also be capable of achieveing a decent season tally.

I would be interested to know how good you all rate Petts as a midfielder and also his defensive pressure in the forward line?

cheers for the feedback  :thumbsup

blx

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
Petts is in our top 5 , like it or not.

grudgingly i accept he's in our automatic selection squad just like i do jono. the team i posted does not represent this week or round 1 it reflects how i'd like to see the team eventually line up by the final rounds of '08 even early next year.

If any permanant forward flanker in any other side kicked 1.6 goals a game he'd struggle to make the team. Sadly at richmond, he's "in our top 5, like it or not."  :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »
I would be interested to know how good you all rate Petts as a midfielder and also his defensive pressure in the forward line?
Still work in progress but I think he's slowly improving his workrate as far as pushing upfield and winning valuable possessions. IIRC he was up there in terms of inside forward 50s last year. His defensive pressure in the forward line or lack of it is of course his main weakness but that goes for all our forwards. In fact poor defensive pressure goes for most of our midfield too which puts our defence always under so much pressure :scream.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »
Still work in progress but I think he's slowly improving his workrate as far as pushing upfield and winning valuable possessions. IIRC he was up there in terms of inside forward 50s last year. His defensive pressure in the forward line or lack of it is of course his main weakness but that goes for all our forwards. In fact poor defensive pressure goes for most of our midfield too which puts our defence always under so much pressure :scream.

early in that nab game i thought pettifer was very good. his work rate was really up there and he was in everything. On a side note, you mention forward defensive pressure there MT. And Lids caught my eye in the 3rd qtr i think. Showed great desperation in laying 2-3 tackles in a row.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 12:49:25 AM »
B:      4. Raines          2.Thursfield            17. Johnson

HB:    1. Newman        6. Polak                 11. Bowden

C:      30. Tambling      24. Coughlan          3. Deledio

HF:    12. Richardson    34. Hughes            15. Pettifer

F:      7. Brown            8. Reiwoldt            10. Edwards

Ruck:                         5. Simmonds

Ruck Rover:                 41. Foley

Rover:                        21. Tuck

Interchange:               26. Pattison            9. Cotchin              18. Rance              14. Polo

Sorry To: King, Morton, Jackson, Shultz, Connors, McMahon, Moore