Author Topic: Game -v- Adelaide  (Read 1883 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Game -v- Adelaide
« on: August 11, 2004, 04:42:42 PM »
For those not going to Adelaide:

Catch the footy on the Big Screen
richmondfc.com.au
10:25:13 AM Tue 10 August, 2004

The Royal Oak Hotel, the Wantirna Club and the Swan Hotel will be showing the Round 20 clash between Richmond and Adelaide on Sunday, August 15 on their big screens.

The Royal Oak is located in Bridge Rd, Richmond, the Wantirna Club at 350 Stud Rd, Wantirna and the Swan Hotel in Swan St, Richmond.

Please note that the Wantirna Club will be televising the game downstairs this week as there is a function upstairs.

Bookings not required.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=165048

=================================================

And for those who are silly like me and are going :-\ ;D

Adelaide after-match function
10:20:58 AM Tue 10 August, 2004

Richmond’s Adelaide-based supporters’ group is holding a function after the Round 20 match against the Crows at AMMI Stadium with all Tiger fans welcome to attend.

It will take place in the Stadium Room, which is situated in the members' pavilion section on the first level and of the main tiered stand. The room is located directly up the stairs from the players' change rooms.

The Richmond players and coaches will make an appearance before their return flight to Melbourne.

This is a great opportunity to secure the autographs and snap some photos of your favorite Tigers. There also will be raffles conducted, with wine, beer and snacks available (a cash bar will operate).

Entry charge to be confirmed.

For more details contact David Schell on 0414 397 487

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=165049
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Game -v- Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 04:54:27 PM »
If the players are feeling half as upbeat about the signing of Wallace as the supporters are then we might win this game and possibly more before the seasons end. What do you think?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 04:58:44 PM »
If the players are feeling half as upbeat about the signing of Wallace as the supporters are then we might win this game and possibly more before the seasons end. What do you think?

Anything's possible RRJet - if they didn't know they were playing for their futures before they certainly know now.

I know it is a long shot but if we move the ball quickly against the Crows and have a crumber at Richo's feet we might be a show against the Crows.

Because when it is all said and done I don't want the wooden-spoon
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:44:39 AM »
The match is also live on Channel 9 at 1pm.

As much as I'm estactic right now as is everyone here and at the Club, I still hope we don't lose our priority pick. I think we've earned it if you get what I mean  :-\.

We haven't bet the Crows since Danny became our coach and without a true ruckman against Biglands and the game being played at Footy park I can't see that changing unless it buckets down. Add to that Johnson and Newman won't be playing  :(. Also with Craig now signing on as their coach, they'll be a happy bunch as well. The Hawks is a toss of a coin job for the spoon with the injuries we've copped the last few weeks. The Swans should have to much to play for but if it's wet then we are a chance as we discovered at the S.C.G.

I don't want to finish last so I hope we win one more game. I can't see the Dogs winning another game but their % is much higher than ours. Looks like we'll end finishing either last or 14th - so it'll be a 1st (+4th) or 3rd (+6th) picks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 10:14:20 AM »
Ive been goig to the oak for the past 2 seasons and Ill be venturing down there again....

Sadly, our last 2 seasons have been so poo that its been the worst matches there BUT next year...it may be a little better!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 10:49:22 AM »
Bring on the wooden spoon!

The best possible scenario would be that we get the wooden spoon so that we get the first pick, with so many players to be de-listed or traded its best for the future.

Spud and his coaching tribe deserves it as a final legacy, that he leaves us and never returns! :cheers

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 02:31:32 PM »
Yeah Disco but it just seems so degrading being bottom of the competition.Very hard pill to swallow thats for sure.