Author Topic: Unless RFC Players learn hard nosed combative footy we will be a Rabble  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Unless RFC Players learn hard nosed combative footy we will be a Rabble
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »
We have far too many dumb players. You shouldn't need a coach to tell pro players the whole point of the sport they're playing.

Footballer aren't bright by nature, they just want to kick the Sherrin.

Perhaps it should be a case of out with the intrinsic mechanisms and in with the K.I.S.S. principle?

I worry whether Wallace's communication with the players falls on deaf ears.

Little Jackie

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »
You play as you train. If there's no pressure at training and everyone is allowed to run around freely taking 5-10 steps and 5-10 seconds before passing then it's no wonder in real game situations when you only have a split second to make a decision and execute it in such little space that we continually cough the ball up. Last night we couldn't handle St Kilda's intensity and gut running.

Mate, I sat with you at training last year and we both agreed training was terrible. Who fault is that ? Mine ? Your ? Nah.
We train like basketballers ::)
I sat in front of somone who plays basketball and can tell you we don't play basketball either because even they were frustrated by our players lack of understanding of the basic principle of any ball sport - your whole aim should be to try and score when you have the chance.  We have far too many dumb players. You shouldn't need a coach to tell pro players the whole point of the sport they're playing.

Fact, the players are playing to the coaching instructions given ;)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »

i wonder where all the guys on the forum who were so rapt with mcmahon's signing have gone.
he is a damm right waste of a pick that bloke. even pick 60 would be too high for him.

i dont wanna hear pre season excuses because we tried to win that game and were smashed in every department.

i watched oakley nichols at one stage waiving for the ball to be kicked to him, yet he was marked by a saints player and had another saints player within a metre from him..now if thats a player who has a clue ill go hee.

the rfc should be so lucky they have supportes like us who oay up every year because if it was the buldogs or something well i think they wouldnt exist after so many pathetic performances we dish out all the time.

its either wallace's message is not getting thru, and if so get rid of him or the players r just fu... sh..
we need someone tough who doesnt accept failure. wallace probably rewards them with 10 solarium visits after a loss like that.

The problem with the RFC in the last 10 years or so is that they clearly recruit the wrong players. They seem to go for weedy slow players who get caught with the ball consistantly. How many times in last nights game did a Richmond player get caught holding the ball. Every player except for lids and foley looked liked they were running up and down on the spot. We need to recruit players who can hit a target from 20 metres not constantly turnover the ball leading to more pressure on our defenders. JON has had his chance, he is slow, has no skill when on the run and i cannot see how he would be included in any other teams list.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »
Welcome to OER Lozza.

Footballer aren't bright by nature, they just want to kick the Sherrin.

Perhaps it should be a case of out with the intrinsic mechanisms and in with the K.I.S.S. principle?

I worry whether Wallace's communication with the players falls on deaf ears.
Or goes through one ear and immediately out the other  :-\
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »
Fact, the players are playing to the coaching instructions given ;)
Perhaps gameplan wise they are but you can't say players missing open targets only 20m away is following instructions.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »

Just guys who carell opposition players who have the ball

They werent even doing that well. there was several times when they stood off far enough and moved backwards when the saints moved towards them that they appled NO pressure at all, just let st kilda bide their time and spot an easy target.

Little Jackie

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »

Just guys who carell opposition players who have the ball

They werent even doing that well. there was several times when they stood off far enough and moved backwards when the saints moved towards them that they appled NO pressure at all, just let st kilda bide their time and spot an easy target.

Correct

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
King easily accounted for Patterson in ruck contests, King was pick 89 in lasts years draft ::)

No, he was TRADED for pick 89 in a charity trade by Geelong to St Kilda.

King was a premiership ruckman and extremely experienced campaigner against an undersized ruckman.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Little Jackie

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
I must have lost the plot.
Patterson is our 2nd Ruckman isnt he ?
Why didnt we consider King.?  Can tell you if Patto has to ruck against King later in the year, he will get his pants pulled down.
Unfortunately Patto couldnt get his hand on the ball the other night

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
Wasn't Patto in the ruck at the start of 3rd quarter (?) when it was only time we actually got some run out of the centre clearances before being taken off for some unknown reason  ???. Patto also did a lovely tap in the forward line to Browny who missed his snap. Blaming out rucks because our mids are hopeless at winning the footy is harsh.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
Welcome to OER Lozza.

Thanks Mightytiges, good to be here, good place to vent all the pent up frustration of watching the tiges slip further into the mire since their might win in 1980.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 12:13:47 AM »
Why didnt we consider King.?  Can tell you if Patto has to ruck against King later in the year, he will get his pants pulled down.

I dont disagree with that but Charlie Gardiner and Steven King WANTED to go to St Kilda and Geelong honoured their wish by taking St Kilda's rubbish draft picks in return.  We didnt have a chance.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 01:05:01 AM »

I dont disagree with that but Charlie Gardiner and Steven King WANTED to go to St Kilda and Geelong honoured their wish by taking St Kilda's rubbish draft picks in return.  We didnt have a chance.
I can just imagine the outcry from Tiger supporters everywhere if Plough and Miller had recruited another 29 year old to Punt Rd after the Kingsley fiasco.