Author Topic: Unless RFC Players learn hard nosed combative footy we will be a Rabble  (Read 2826 times)

Ramps

Unless the young players learn a combative type brand of footy they will never get anywhere, its nice doing all the fancy stuff but if you cant do the basics properly its all over. Based on tonight this is going to be a very long season. People will come in this thread and say its early, that it was only a NAB cup game. The issue is weve seen it all before. This season is going to be a very long season. At the end of the 2008 we need a full rejig of football operations at Richmond. And we can start to put out the welcome mats for Nicholas Natanui or Daniel Rich or Michael Hurley.

blx

Re: Unless RFC Players learn hard nosed combative footy we will be a Rabble
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:43 PM »
tonight was so dissapointing in regards to our disposal skills. Its improved -100%.

I just take heart its only practice season which means if we stick to the script thats been happening every weekend we'll end up having a good run next week and lookin the goods then the week after a shocker then another win after that then the season proper.

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »
ramps my friend, we are a rabble.
King easily accounted for Patterson in ruck contests, King was pick 89 in lasts years draft ::)
Tambling, I wont say a word ::)
JON, Oh Dear, if he has been the tiges best player at training, it will be a painful year for the faithful.
Too many short kicks, side way kicks, no players prepared to run forward of the ball or try and be released down the ground.
Ahh Dont get me started. :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:11:38 PM »
I can see a move for someone like Guy McKenna to takeover the Tigers at the end of 2008. People will call for sheedy but McKenna comes from the Malthouse school. And thats the school we need our players to go through. Just an opinion.

Little Jackie

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:23:54 PM »
Ramps , will tell you something.
Problem at Richmond is this.
Too much lateral movement of the ball otherwords too much side movement.
Slow transition of play which means opposition push back at make it impossible to do anything inside our forward 50.
We play like its a game of basketball and refuse to try and push forward and clear zones.
And to top it off, we have overrated players that other clubs wouldnt touch with a forty foot pole.
Whoever was the genius that signed McMahon up on a 3 year contract at $1,000,000 shouls have there head read.
If you watched him tonite especially when he wasnt in a position to gain possesion or assist teammates, he was a disgrace, seen walking behind play.Refuses to be accountable , thats all we need, another ""zone off"' type.

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
Jackstar l'm suprised at you going to watch that poo & supporting AFL rules

JON l told you last year his was trash he creates mistakes every touch of the ball when he got near it

l cant stop laughing  :rollin :rollin :rollin

dont worry we cant do any worse than bottom out

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 11:26:20 PM »
I saw McMahon and I now know that I was correct when I was saying that we shouldnt have traded for him. Scott Selwood will be a good player and thats who we would have got. Its just a shambles. It really is.

Little Jackie

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:30:46 PM »
Ramps, I posted on here in November that the drafting of McMahon was an absolute disgrace.

Can tell the bulldogs were glad to see the back of him.
We have wasted a good draft pick.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:41:31 PM »
l'm not gunna start

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 12:57:39 AM »
No hard tackling
Nothing menacing about the kids
No audacious players to cause trouble
No fighters
Just guys who carell opposition players who have the ball
and go sideways when we have the ball.
A very very disappointing performance.
Terry knew what he was doing not saying a word all summer.
We were playing better in the last 4 weeks of last season. This was awful tonight.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:14:41 AM »
i wonder where all the guys on the forum who were so rapt with mcmahon's signing have gone.
he is a damm right waste of a pick that bloke. even pick 60 would be too high for him.

i dont wanna hear pre season excuses because we tried to win that game and were smashed in every department.

i watched oakley nichols at one stage waiving for the ball to be kicked to him, yet he was marked by a saints player and had another saints player within a metre from him..now if thats a player who has a clue ill go hee.

the rfc should be so lucky they have supportes like us who oay up every year because if it was the buldogs or something well i think they wouldnt exist after so many pathetic performances we dish out all the time.

its either wallace's message is not getting thru, and if so get rid of him or the players r just fu... sh..
we need someone tough who doesnt accept failure. wallace probably rewards them with 10 solarium visits after a loss like that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 05:11:11 AM »
You play as you train. If there's no pressure at training and everyone is allowed to run around freely taking 5-10 steps and 5-10 seconds before passing then it's no wonder in real game situations when you only have a split second to make a decision and execute it in such little space that we continually cough the ball up. Last night we couldn't handle St Kilda's intensity and gut running.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 08:31:20 AM »
You play as you train. If there's no pressure at training and everyone is allowed to run around freely taking 5-10 steps and 5-10 seconds before passing then it's no wonder in real game situations when you only have a split second to make a decision and execute it in such little space that we continually cough the ball up. Last night we couldn't handle St Kilda's intensity and gut running.

Mate, I sat with you at training last year and we both agreed training was terrible. Who fault is that ? Mine ? Your ? Nah.
We train like basketballers ::)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 09:18:08 AM »

Mate, I sat with you at training last year and we both agreed training was terrible. Who fault is that ? Mine ? Your ? Nah.

yes thats exactly right, wallace with his short, stop start stuff it makes me sick.
another lowly finish and he is gone.
this man is useless the sooner u all can see that the better. he is weak as pis

guy mckenna or someone as hard as malthouse would suit us more. wallace is a fairy.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »

I sat in front of somone who plays basketball and can tell you we don't play basketball either because even they were frustrated by our players lack of understanding of the basic principle of any ball sport - your whole aim should be to try and score when you have the chance.  We have far too many dumb players. You shouldn't need a coach to tell pro players the whole point of the sport they're playing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd