Author Topic: '04 Olympics thread  (Read 31517 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
'04 Olympics thread
« on: August 12, 2004, 04:27:14 PM »
Anyone vibed for the Olympics?

What events will you all be keeping a close eye on?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO@Australia being proficient in schit sports like trap shooting, equestrian and synchronised swimming.

I can't wait for the athletics, weightlifting, boxing and gymnastics.

Will be pretty hard to avoid the swimming aswell, which should also be good.

froars

Re: '04 Olympics thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 05:09:15 PM »
Swimming, waterpolo (don't laugh, i used to play it lol) - actually i don't like watching it, like watching grass grow - better to play.
I'll watch anything really - hate gymnastics and any arty-farty stuff like that and synchronised swimming.
Used to luv to watch the 100m - but they're all "allegedly" lol doped up to the hilt now it's not as appealing to watch.
I'll watch it all if i'm awake lol.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 06:09:48 PM »
I think that Hide&Seek is an exhibitoinal sport this time around isn't it? Can't wait for that one.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 06:33:07 PM »
I really dont care much for the Olympics except for one sport....Basket as we like to call it in Greece. Im really looking forward to this as we get a chance to kick the Aussies ass in Game 1.

Should be an interesting tournament....

Keep an eye on Kenteris for back-to-back in the 200m as well!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 06:57:36 PM »
Swimming - who was the idiot who did a Peter Schwab and said we have the best team? ::)
Soccer - Aussies choked again this morning  :P
Basketball  - interesting to see how our young side goes. You'll probably be shown to be right about greece beating the aussies om21 but I woudn't be surprised if there was an upset. We've got some good kids and a top coach.

Miss Daryl Eastlake doing the weightlifting commentary. "WOHOA....THAT'S HUGE!"  :lol

The funniest thing about the Olympics is how you end up becoming an expert in judged sports you've never taken any interest in beforehand after watching it for about 5 minutes - "Hmmm... yeah that's about a  5.7"  ;D

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 08:08:23 PM »
I have to admit I just don't have any enthusiasim for the Olympics - probably because the sports I'm usually interested in have been "tainted" this time round.

Usually I follow:

Cycling - not interested now
Basketball - where's Andrew Gaze but will still have Lauren Jackson
Weightlifting - who was that girl who ran from the drug inspectors - catch me if you can :-\
Soccer - loved Cameroon :thumbsup
Athletics - where's Cathy and I am sorry but I am so over Jana :-X
Boxing - I still remember Jeff Fenech sooking when he lost all those years ago
Swimming - I have a problem with those swim suits - and did anyone see DeBruins photo in the Hun the other day - she looks like she turned Chinese :o

The ones I can't stand:
Beach volleyball - yeah right
Tennis - sorry it aint no olympic sport ditto
Baseball, softball

Next thing you know we will have Frisbee throwing as an olympic sport
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 12:02:19 AM »
Froars did you watch the waterpolo final at the Sydney games? Awesome finish! LMFAOOOOOOO@you playing waterpolo.

Is Andrew Gaze in the basketball team? LMFAOOOOOO@the best basketballer we have being 45 years old.

LMFAOOOOOOOO@Jana Pitman updates every night on the news. LMFAOOOOOO@tonight's episode focusing on her meditation techniques which allow her to sense her injury healing. I can't wait till she gets creamed.

LMFAOOOOOOOO@becoming expert judges in events where you don't even know the criteria for scoring.

lmfaooooo@Australians giving a schit about trapshooting and equestrian for one day every 4 years.

lmfaooooooooooo@the Bulgarian weightlifting team using steroids from the 80's which they imported from the United states and getting disqualified for not being up to date with the latest designer drugs.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 07:42:09 AM »
I actually thought DeBruin looked ok.  It's true what they say about television adding pounds to you though.  I remember seeing Dyana Calub on the tv and she looked pretty big and then one day she was at my gym and she looked half the size.  The male swimmers are pretty impressive.  We see Grant Hackett a lot as my kids swim at the same pool.  I remember when Michael Klim was training there and he used to wear the skimpiest togs - but his body :gobdrop  More mums were watching him than their own kids.

What I don't like is the uniform for the athletes - surely they could sew in a jockstrap or something for the males - you practically see everything swinging in the breeze.  Don't ask me why that gets me and speedoes don't :-\

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 08:43:20 AM »

Is Andrew Gaze in the basketball team? LMFAOOOOOO@the best basketballer we have being 45 years old.

Sorry JohnF there's no - Andy Gaze if there was maybe we would have a chance :lol

LMFAOOOOOOOO@Jana Pitman updates every night on the news. LMFAOOOOOO@tonight's episode focusing on her meditation techniques which allow her to sense her injury healing.

As the book I was once given by Hare Krishnas says - "Chant and be Happy"  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 08:45:20 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 09:00:36 AM »
LMAO you know you're a bumpkin country when you are this good at trap shooting.#

Look at the pedigree we have with guns in this country... milat, bryant and co.

LMAO at your whole life being about shooting dirt.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 09:04:19 AM »
I remember when Michael Klim was training there and he used to wear the skimpiest togs - but his body :gobdrop  More mums were watching him than their own kids.

Yes julz but on the whole swimmers are lanky streaks of pee... if I could wind the clock back I would have kept going with the gymnastics i did as a youngster.... (felt like a bit of a sissy wearing leotards)... look at the functional strength of those guys... can support themselves on one limb almost all the time.. amazing some of the stuff those guys can do...

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 11:48:10 AM »
ROFLMFAOOOO@our shooting pedigree. Don't forget Julian Knight.

Wasn't there a kafuffle in court with Michael Diamond's gun being taken off him after his domestic with his girl friend?

ROFLMFAOOOOOOOO@the_acrobatic_boy_jake.

Gymnasts, although unecessarily "pooncy", have tremendous strength. I used to be into breakdancing quite a bit, and got into gymnastics through that after seeing some of the floor routines and the pommel horse which employ moves similar to many breakdancing moves.

LMFAOOO@waiting for the day a gymnast does a headspin.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 12:03:40 PM »
I'm looking forward to watching the DREAM with Roy and HG

Their call on Gymnastics was a pearler in 2000

Flatbag,Hello Boys, Battered Sav,Dutch Wink LMAO !!!!!

I'm sure they have had 4 years to come up with new words aswell

Stuff the Olympics except for the swimming(because its the only sport were so good at), I'll be just watching the DREAM
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 12:17:12 PM »

I used to be into breakdancing quite a bit,

LMFAO @ John"Grandmaster"F the breaker dancer!!

break dancing to Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five,  Ice T and Run DMC from the 80's  ;D

There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 12:18:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to watching the DREAM with Roy and HG

Their call on Gymnastics was a pearler in 2000

Flatbag,Hello Boys, Battered Sav,Dutch Wink LMAO !!!!!

I'm sure they have had 4 years to come up with new words aswell

Stuff the Olympics except for the swimming(because its the only sport were so good at), I'll be just watching the DREAM

ROFLFMAOOOOOOOOO!!!! yeah their calls on the gymnastics, weightlifting were hilarious. Bit of haught, crazy date, crazy date, oh battered sav!