Author Topic: Naranderra game  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Naranderra game
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:15:26 AM »
One,or many, will have to excuse me for not bringing a pen to mark down vital stats when travelling 2 hours to watch my beloved Tigers with the family and one mad Sydney supporter at Narrandera this Friday just gone.
If there is statistical errors please forgive me as i begin my match report.
About 8200 people turned up to watch the Tigers play the Swans at what must be said is a fantastic facility for a small town to host an AFL game.
Richmond goaled first first through Richo from about 50 out on the boundary and he displayed emotion rarely seen at Praccy matches and the crowd then knew the Tigers were there for real. Brett Deledio snapped soon after as did Cleve  and Tigers were on their way against against what must be said was a lethargic looking Swans.
Barry Hall looked dangerous early as did O`Loughlin but only turnovers(would you believe?) resulted in early Sydney goals as the Tiges were caught running forward.
Kelvin Moore looked a complete mismatch on Hall but after 4 first half goals Hall was rarely seen.O`Loughlin likewise as Thursfield blanketed him after 1/4 time.Polak started up forward but soon went down back when the swans forwards looked about ready to take over.
Deledio was largely ineffectual up forward early and gained alot of possies when he went onto the ball. Jake King was great was great off half back  as was Chris Newman setting up many forward thrusts but turnovers continued to haunt us.
Patto was winning most center taps but we largely failed to capitilise, however the Tigers were hungry at the ball and tackled in numbers and, well, Richo was just Richo. Missing easy ones but mainly kicking goals from crumbing than marks such was our forward delivery.
After a quiet first 1/4 Tambo found plenty of the ball as did Pettifer.
After a 17 point 1/2 time lead the Tigers kicked the first after the break but then Sydney kicked 3 in a row leaving me to think the same old would occur.
Then the Richo Man came out at great gusto and slammed open a pack at a marking contest and totally cleaning up the Sarge. Result? Probably a few broken ribs and a few sighs of relief as most at the ground thought it was Browny.(Sorry Sarge, but after the broken leg Browny gains sypathy from the pope to Osama).
Jordan McMahon played well after coming on just after 1/4 time and Matty White was again exciting due mainly to his blistering pace. He managed to somehow sneak a goal in the 3rd after taking on about 6 Swans too many and shanking a goal with a kick that eluded many, even Tiger players.
The Tigers always looked to have the game under control and appeared to be quicker, hungrier and more interested in a win than a hit out. Without Joel Bowden we looked vulnerable down back but pressure from up the field kept the backmen in it.
The last 1/4 was kept to an even 20 mins, but the game always belonged to the Tigers. If not for turnovers and a notable size differance the Tiges may have won by more but they(and us) will take a 17-10 to a 13-11 victory any day against anyone.

Goals: Richo,6  Deledio 3? Cleve,Tucky,Petts and others? sorry
My Best: Kingy, Richo, Tambo, Patto, Newman, Deledio and Collins(only joking)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Naranderra game
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:34:20 AM »
Great report GR12  :clapping  :cheers. Good to hear we were applying pressure further upfield.

Most of the Tigers have been mentioned but how did Polo, Johnson, Morton and Jackson do last night?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
One,or many, will have to excuse me for not bringing a pen to mark down vital stats when travelling 2 hours to watch my beloved Tigers with the family and one mad Sydney supporter at Narrandera this Friday just gone.
About 8200 people turned up to watch the Tigers play the Swans at what must be said is a fantastic facility for a small town to host an AFL game.
Richmond goaled first first through Richo from about 50 out on the boundary and he displayed emotion rarely seen at Praccy matches and the crowd then knew the Tigers were there for real. Brett Deledio snapped soon after as did Cleve  and Tigers were on their way against against what must be said was a lethargic looking Swans.
Barry Hall looked dangerous early as did O`Loughlin but only turnovers(would you believe?) resulted in early Sydney goals as the Tiges were caught running forward.
Kelvin Moore looked a complete mismatch on Hall but after 4 first half goals Hall was rarely seen.O`Loughlin likewise as Thursfield blanketed him after 1/4 time.Polak started up forward but soon went down back when the swans forwards looked about ready to take over.
Deledio was largely ineffectual up forward early and gained alot of possies when he went onto the ball. Jake King was great was great off half back  as was Chris Newman setting up many forward thrusts but turnovers continued to haunt us.
Patto was winning most center taps but we largely failed to capitilise, however the Tigers were hungry at the ball and tackled in numbers and, well, Richo was just Richo. Missing easy ones but mainly kicking goals from crumbing than marks such was our forward delivery.
After a 17 point 1/2 time lead the Tigers kicked the first after the break but then Sydney kicked 3 in a row leaving me to think the same old would occur.
Then the Richo Man came out at great gusto and slammed open a pack at a marking contest and totally cleaning up the Sarge. Result? Probably a few broken ribs and a few sighs of relief as most at the ground thought it was Browny.(Sorry Sarge, but after the broken leg Browny gains sypathy from the pope to Osama).
Jordan McMahon played well after coming on just after 1/4 time and Matty White was again exciting due mainly to his blistering pace. He managed to somehow sneak a goal in the 3rd after taking on about 6 Swans too many and shanking a goal with a kick that eluded many, even Tiger players.
The Tigers always looked to have the game under control and appeared to be quicker, hungrier and more interested in a win than a hit out. Without Joel Bowden we looked vulnerable down back but pressure from up the field kept the backmen in it.
The last 1/4 was kept to an even 20 mins, but the game always belonged to the Tigers. If not for turnovers and a notable size differance the Tiges may have won by more but they(and us) will take a 17-10 to a 13-11 victory any day against anyone.

Awesome Go Richo, thanks for doing that  :thumbsup
One question.  How did Terry go in the coaching stakes?

Moi

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »
And GR12, do you know if the game was televised up there and, if so, what station?
Ta

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
And GR12, do you know if the game was televised up there and, if so, what station?
Ta
No, the game was not televised, and Terry would have won the coaching stakes. Leaving Patto to rest up forward and taking him to the bench seemed to leave the other forwards free a little even though the Sydney flood was on. The old chip and wait Sydney game plan seems to have run it`s course. Simmo wasn`t seen after half time which makes the win more meritous.(Is that a word?)

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:57:45 AM »
Great report GR12  :clapping  :cheers. Good to hear we were applying pressure further upfield.

Most of the Tigers have been mentioned but how did Polo, Johnson, Morton and Jackson do last night?
Thanks ,mt. Polo didnt play and Jackson wasn`t our worst. He seemed to be in the middle a fair bit. Morton? The game was tough to gauge due to ground level seating, a setting sun to look into, about 6 Pints(less travelling to beer tent) and 3 raucaus kids all under 11 and including twin boys of 3 years. I don`t think he played and if he did he certainly didn`t stand out

Moi

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:01:43 AM »
Terry would have won the coaching stakes.

If the folks around here don't like hearing that, don't take it personally lol
 :rollin

Thanks Go Richo  :bow :clapping

PS:  Meritorious methinks is the word you were searching for lol  :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »

Our supporters make us a great club, thanks for that. 
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »
Great report & thanks heaps gives the supporters something to grasp  ;D

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
us tiger fans dont hate terry moi

we just ask some questions re his coaching style and ability

i am not asking for his head, i want us to succeed, i just belive that he hs backed away from his initial plan and game style

where is teh rfc game plan that smashed the blues and freo a few yrs ago, the 16 goal minimum all attacking game plan.

i dont even think he will be sacked if we get another spoon, danny served out his 5 yrs, so will terry.
terry though has 2 yrs to prove if he is up for an extension or sacking

terry once was a coach that was daring and had no fear and was a monster, where is this man now

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »

Thanks ,mt. Polo didnt play and Jackson wasn`t our worst. He seemed to be in the middle a fair bit. Morton? The game was tough to gauge due to ground level seating, a setting sun to look into, about 6 Pints(less travelling to beer tent) and 3 raucaus kids all under 11 and including twin boys of 3 years. I don`t think he played and if he did he certainly didn`t stand out
Ta GR12. Polo must have been rested and/or playing for Coburg today.

Good to hear Patto was able to carry the ruck after half-time too. Only a practice match but a fair few positives seem to have come out of it.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 08:39:35 PM »
Great report & thanks heaps gives the supporters something to grasp  ;D

Thanks for the positive feedback from all. Only glad and then some to help. Hope the tiges do better than last year, i`ll give em one thing they are exciting to watch and also frustrating. Are we the only club in the comp that gives you such a high and such a low?
Keen to see Edwards back, i think he is our blue print for the future.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 04:36:00 AM »
i`ll give em one thing they are exciting to watch and also frustrating. Are we the only club in the comp that gives you such a high and such a low?
Let's hope in the coming years there'll start to be far more highs than lows.