Author Topic: Wallace on 3AW  (Read 890 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace on 3AW
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
Wallace on 3AW about 30 mins ago:

* Good run against Sydney who had most of their best in; Geelong this week.

* Russell mentioned about the players last year wanting to play more 1-on-1. Plough gave some reason that when you've lose close games after 6 or 7 weeks you naturally want to change things up. We've got back to a more traditional style. Worked well the past couple of weeks. We'll see how it goes in the season.

* Dwayne asked if fans travel down the highway this week will they see the real Richmond. We will play our best players this week and in the positions we want for round 1. Carlton have been monitoring us and us them so no surprises.  Geelong will probably be doing the same so it'll be a proper hitout.

* Surveilence on Stevens and Judd?  Don't know. We'll see on Friday night where they play - Judd (will he play midfield or high HFF). Stevens injury news is new so we'll see what happens. In the lap of the gods at the moment.

* March's article - knew it was coming out and knew what was goign to be said so no problem. All that was being said is before we lacked resources and we had about 7 blokes out with injuries this time last year. So we are saying this year we've got more money in the footy dept and everyone up and running.

* Healy and Russell were alluding to Roos when they asked Terry whether sides experimented at this time of the year? Terry said yes we do. Want to see if you can find another string to a player's bow - Raines in the mid, Tuck in defence for example. Need to find out at this time of year.

* Tanking - would love to see a review of the draft process. Doesn't want anyone to be put in a position where in round 22 you're thinking about draft picks.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace on 3AW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »
did terry say he enjoyed the "day on the green" with rod stewart, sure looked like he was enjoying himself as with Emmet Dunne.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
Wallace on 3AW about 30 mins ago:

* Good run against Sydney who had most of their best in; Geelong this week.

* Russell mentioned about the players last year wanting to play more 1-on-1. Plough gave some reason that when you've lose close games after 6 or 7 weeks you naturally want to change things up. We've got back to a more traditional style. Worked well the past couple of weeks. We'll see how it goes in the season.

* Dwayne asked if fans travel down the highway this week will they see the real Richmond. We will play our best players this week and in the positions we want for round 1. Carlton have been monitoring us and us them so no surprises.  Geelong will probably be doing the same so it'll be a proper hitout.

* Surveilence on Stevens and Judd?  Don't know. We'll see on Friday night where they play - Judd (will he play midfield or high HFF). Stevens injury news is new so we'll see what happens. In the lap of the gods at the moment.

* March's article - knew it was coming out and knew what was goign to be said so no problem. All that was being said is before we lacked resources and we had about 7 blokes out with injuries this time last year. So we are saying this year we've got more money in the footy dept and everyone up and running.

* Healy and Russell were alluding to Roos when they asked Terry whether sides experimented at this time of the year? Terry said yes we do. Want to see if you can find another string to a player's bow - Raines in the mid, Tuck in defence for example. Need to find out at this time of year.

* Tanking - would love to see a review of the draft process. Doesn't want anyone to be put in a position where in round 22 you're thinking about draft picks.

Thanks heaps, I live  in Sydney and miss this stuff. Cheers.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

richmondrules

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:24:30 AM »
Thanks OE.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:10:10 AM »
I worry when I hear players dictating the way they want to play..

Good to see us playing the best side possible this week.
We need to be given a clear picture of where we are at for round 1.

Cheers Cyclops. :)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:01:51 AM »
I think giving the players more ownership and responsibility with the game plan and style of play is a very positive step. Look at Sydney when they won the premiership - the players had a huge say in proceedings.

By giving the leaders of the team more control they are more likely to play with more purpose and drive. The team then plays with a strong common goal and objective and feel more in control of their game rather than just being a pawn.

While the coaches should always have the last say, considering their research/planning/etc the players should always being consulted with because more often than not they see or remember things from previous games that the coaches may have not which could redirect match-ups and/or game plans.

I like to see the admin, coaches and players working together with everyones input valued. It makes more a much more unified and stronger TEAM.

Now we just have to wait until the Geelong game..... :-\

Stripes