Author Topic: Media articles - Cats dish out 72-point hiding to Tigers  (Read 12749 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Media articles - Cats dish out 72-point hiding to Tigers
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »
i don't read much into Scott Gullan's drivel

Heard him on SEN last night while stuck in traffic and it was half time and his take on things is that nothing things change, there were no positives and he wanted to go home.

When asked about Cogs he said "well he is running around". Give me a break the bloke hasn't played for 2 years and the best you can say is "he;s running around"?  :banghead

Pathetic

Yeah same I waited on an update and got that piece of crap report from Scott Gullen and then saw a complete complete article the next day.  On SEN it was clear he'd barely been watching.  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kane Johnson in awe of talent (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 03:35:50 AM »
Kane Johnson in awe of talent
Mark Stevens | March 18, 2008

BE afraid. Very afraid.

That is the clear warning from Richmond captain Kane Johnson as Geelong prepares for its premiership defence.

Johnson, who saw the scary Cats up close in a practice match 10 days ago, has predicted they will carry on from last season.

"They'll beat a lot of sides by very big margins, don't worry about that," Johnson said.

Johnson's Tigers were smashed by 72 points in the trial hitout at Skilled Stadium.

Asked if Geelong had improved on last year, Johnson said: "They're just very, very slick.

"Very even across the board and very in synch with each other.

"They're a very good side, don't worry about that."

Johnson has never been one for outlandish statements, but he spoke like a man in awe of Geelong's talent and depth.

"We've got a lot to do to get to their level," Johnson said.

Port Adelaide doesn't need to be reminded how scorching Geelong can be, losing the Grand Final by a record 119 points.

The Power fronts up to its demons on Thursday night at AAMI Stadium in the season-opener against the Cats.

Johnson's glowing appraisal followed an honest assessment by Richmond coach Terry Wallace.

"I am very thankful we don't have to come back here for the year," Wallace said after the loss.

"Look, you're playing the best side in the competition, who beat the second-best side in the competition by 100 points last year, and I can assure the other sides that they are up and running and ready to go."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23392984-19742,00.html