Author Topic: Who'll become our next captain?  (Read 4184 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Who'll become our next captain?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 01:26:19 AM »
just had a rethink

this is noe the right time to give richo the sendoff and finale he needs for his services t tigerland. whether this is his last yr or next yr or the yr after, give richo the captaincy for the rest of 2008

and then reassess next yr, but even though he shanks many kicks, he bleeds yellow and black and inspires all the young ones not like sugar

100% TOTALLY AGREE.
give it to richo he is the rfc not like this sugar imposter.

richo for mine. it will serve as a interim till they decide who to give it to in the off season

If Sugar is relinquished of his Captain Duties all and good but there are 21 games left in the year off season is light years away and the new appointee would have to be a permanent replacement. I too would love to see Richo honored by the club and given the captaincy but we all know that is not likely and most likely Newman Foley or Deledio will be appointed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 09:19:09 AM »
Wont be any change IMHO
We have a winner based on Bowden's comments.

bushranger

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
I my opinion I would give it to Newman. I would even do it this next week and if he does well leave it with him and demote Sugar. I would have Brown and Deledio as both vice captains.  :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 02:45:26 PM »
I would give it to richo for his last 3 or 4 years and see who from the younger brigade leads best on and off the field in this time.

But they wont, would say Newman or Joel (That will upset someone)  :rollin
Thing is they wont do what needs to be done and stand down Johnson. Bad move  (MO)

Richo deserves it the most - by far

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
Wont be any change IMHO

thank you  :bow :bow thank you very much ;D

As I posted on the other thread - I don't think he was ever going to be stripped of the captainancy.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 06:27:32 PM »
Newman is an over rated footballer. Had one good episode in an International series match and now everybody thinks he's great. (that's were the hype started) In the words of Jack Dyer "he's a good ORDINARY footballer"

At this stage Foley is easily the front runner. Given the mentality of how supporters react put your money on Jake King to be pushed up there real soon as a legitimate candidate if he hasn't already.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

richmondrules

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »
Newman is an over rated footballer. Had one good episode in an International series match and now everybody thinks he's great. (that's were the hype started) In the words of Jack Dyer "he's a good ORDINARY footballer"

At this stage Foley is easily the front runner. Given the mentality of how supporters react put your money on Jake King to be pushed up there real soon as a legitimate candidate if he hasn't already.

Tend to agree RR. I like Newman and his work ethic is admirable but I would be concerned about him keeping his place in the side if he were captain. I view Newman as one of the players we need to replace (upgrade) to become a very good side. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and appreciate his efforts on the field, I just feel that we need better players than him.

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »
Newman is the type of player you trade for a decent draft pick, he is overated, not as good as people think, hes a half back flanker- which we have plenty of, and other clubs rate him.

Little Jackie

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »
Wont be any change IMHO

thank you  :bow :bow thank you very much ;D

As I posted on the other thread - I don't think he was ever going to be stripped of the captainancy.

He should of, how dumb ::) ::) , peeing  outside a police station. :banghead
If they did drop him as captain, might have changed the culture a bit.
I wonder if we lossed last week that they mighht have had a different train of thought? Can tell you Plough is spewing ;)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
I'm going to have to stand up for Newy on this. I hardly think he is overrated. He is rated where he is at as a footballer. He is a hard-working, skilful and committed contributor to our side.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18:56 PM »
I wonder if we lossed last week that they mighht have had a different train of thought? Can tell you Plough is spewing ;)

Well I am sure Tezza is stoked at your concern Jack  :rollin

Seriously

I am not condoning what he did far from it.

Absolutely stupid.

But when you look at what other players have done and gotten away with on multiple occassions  (Fraser Gehrig anyone ::)) I reckon a weeks suspension + the fine (although I'd have doubled it) is sufficient.

And as I said - the Club has to make the call and not be seen bowing to supporter and media pressure
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:16 AM »
just a question

if the cop that saw sugar relieving himself was a tiger fan, would have sugar been arrested or just told to go home?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »
just a question

if the cop that saw sugar relieving himself was a tiger fan, would have sugar been arrested or just told to go home?
Well going by the response from Tiger fans it would depend if the cop liked Sugar or not  :yep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 07:01:22 PM »

Well I am sure Tezza is stoked at your concern Jack  :rollin

Seriously

I am not condoning what he did far from it.

Absolutely stupid.

But when you look at what other players have done and gotten away with on multiple occassions  (Fraser Gehrig anyone ::)) I reckon a weeks suspension + the fine (although I'd have doubled it) is sufficient.

And as I said - the Club has to make the call and not be seen bowing to supporter and media pressure

Two things, Fraser isnt captain.
Club didnt impose anything,  ::) Kane Johnson charged himself.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »
just a question

Well going by the response from Tiger fans it would depend if the cop liked Sugar or not  :yep.

i cant stand sugar but if i was dumn nough to be a cop and saw what he did, i would have let him go home.