Author Topic: Mark Coughlan  (Read 3066 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mark Coughlan
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:33:02 PM »
Miller is/was on club snorener tonight.

He was asked about Mark but seemed to avoid giving a definite answer except saying indirectly that he won't play again this year for either Richmond or Coburg. He made no mention of Cogs' pubic instability flairing up again as someone mentioned here.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
Re: Mark Coughlan
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 03:55:34 AM »
That was me MT...got the news from Cogs' uncle :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

froars

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:05:23 AM »
I hope we haven't burnt this kid out already  >:(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 11:28:30 AM »
That was me MT...got the news from Cogs' uncle :banghead

Cheers Gibby  :cheers.

I agree froars. It doesn't sound good if Cogs' complaint has returned. Talk about it being poorly managed when the Club said earlier on in the year that he could play through it and it would get better >:(.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 01:02:29 PM »
I could be wrong MT, but I thought Miller said that if he did play this week he was a chance to play with the senior team.  Whether he was just saying that I don't know, so I suppose we'll wait and see.

He did say that even though Cogs could be eligible to play for Coburg in the finals, they would most likely play the young players.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 02:23:02 PM »
I could be wrong MT, but I thought Miller said that if he did play this week he was a chance to play with the senior team.  Whether he was just saying that I don't know, so I suppose we'll wait and see.

No worries TS, I may have misunderstood what he meant. I thought Miller said Cogs would have been a chance to play seniors last Sunday but got suspended for a week in VFL the week before. Anyway as you say TS, we'll find out this week. If he doesn't play either for Richmond nor Coburg then we'll then know something isn't right.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »
Coughlan in the frame
18 August, 2004
Jordan Chong
Sportal

Richmond midfielder Mark Coughlan is in the frame to return to the side for this weekend's clash with Hawthorn according to assistant coach Darren Crocker.

The 22-year-old Coughlan, who has been out injured since round five with what the club described as 'pubic instability', returned to the VFL a couple of weeks ago but sat out last weekend due to suspension.

"He'll come into calculations, a lot of it will depend on how he trains. If he gets through that and goes okay, he'll be in the calculations," Crocker said on Wednesday.

"His match fitness is down a little bit so you wouldn't expect him to probably be able to run out four quarters playing on ball like he normally would but he's still going to give you some good impact, that’s for sure."

Coughlan trained fully at the club's main session at Punt Road on Wednesday.

While Sunday's clash with Hawthorn may prove decisive in determining this season's wooden spoon, Crocker said the significance of the match hasn't been a major talking point among the coaching staff this week.

"You'd like to think the players realise what is on the end of this game. All that we're looking for is for the guys to come out, have a real strong attack on the footy, have a real good, strong attack on the man with the footy and hopefully the result will look after itself."

With a 4-16 win-loss record, Richmond, which has lost its last 12 matches, is a game and slight percentage ahead of the bottom-placed Hawks.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=166532

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 02:26:04 AM »
Coughlan trained fully at the club's main session at Punt Road on Wednesday.

Picture: Wayne Taylor (realfooty)

Must be his twin  :thumbsup

froars

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 02:48:59 AM »
Be so exciting to see him back - go Mark!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 02:54:29 AM »
Be so exciting to see him back - go Mark!

and for the rest of us to see him back playing footy ;)  ;D

Bulluss

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 06:54:20 AM »
Its amazing how over the last week there have been a lot of reports saying Cogs will stuggle to get up for the start of next season.

Now he is in contention to play this week, surely the club would not risk such a great asset just for the sake of it.

Anyway all the best for this week if you play Coggers.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 03:02:47 PM »
Hmmm...I'll be happy if he is fit and my reports were over dramatised  :thumbsup

But surely we know he is capable. Terry doesn't need to see him play to know he's a keeper  :bow
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 03:20:02 PM »
We’ll wait and see if he does actually play.  But, no doubt it has been a frustrating season for Cogs and, as long as he is right to play, it would be good for him to get back, just for his morale, even if he doesn’t have the match fitness to play a whole game.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 04:49:57 PM »
Coughlan pleased with first step
24 August, 2004
Jordan Chong
Sportal/exclusive to afl.com.au

While the result might not have gone to plan, Sunday's loss to Hawthorn was an important first step in Richmond midfielder Mark Coughlan comeback.

It was the 2003 best-and-fairest winner's first game since being struck down with what the club described as a 'pubic instability' in round five and he finished the day with 13 possessions, five marks and a goal.

"It's been a bit of a rollercoaster this year but hopefully I can play the last two games and just finish off the season well and get a bit of confidence in myself," Coughlan said.

"I wouldn't be playing if I was really sore or anything but it's just important to finish off the year for me mentally to play the last couple of games going into next year."

"I just tried to play in the VFL a few weeks ago and had a bit of a hiccup. This sort of injury, the nature of it is that you're not sure just how you're going to go so you have to play to test it out.

"Expectations were high on myself this year and my body just didn't hold up to the pre-season, which was really solid and we'll have to look at ways of improving that and coming out next year fitter and stronger than ever."

Another reason the 22-year-old is also approaching the pre-season with some excitement is the appointment of Terry Wallace as the club's new coach in 2005 and beyond.

"It's going to be quite interesting to see what happens at the end of the year in terms of who stays and who goes. I think we might see a few changes, off field and on field. You can't finish on the bottom of the ladder and not expect a few changes."

"No one is safe and I suppose that's good, we all need that pressure individually to impress the new coach."

"I know that I'm certainly looking forward to the pre-season more than ever as well as all the guys that I talk to in the team. We just can't wait to start it."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=167563

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 07:24:20 PM »

"I wouldn't be playing if I was really sore or anything but it's just important to finish off the year for me mentally to play the last couple of games going into next year."

From that it appears Cogs is still playing with some discomfort after his "hiccup" a few weeks back. Gawd I hope we know what we're doing with him especially as these are meaningless matches :-\.