Author Topic: Changes for Freo game?  (Read 6260 times)

Offline The Rising of Phoenix

• Tiger Rookie
Re: Changes for Freo game?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
Coaches fault as Shanes first option used to be kick as first option.
That's true Jack but his kicking is hardly a strong part of his game either.

Can tell you the coach has been in his ear :banghead
He went overboard with the handball on Sunday but he was found out in 2006 just bombing it long like he did in 2005 when he walked in and surprised opposition sides. He needed to adjust but there has to be a balance. It would help too if our forwards spread properly so when they line up on one side of the forward line they leave the space open and not all lead to the one spot like seagulls on a chip. Funny how our Coburg boys understand this more than our senior players.

I agree to this wholeheartedly!  :bow  :cheers  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2008, 09:38:44 AM »
Not disagreeing Magic (I think Tuck will hold his place though) but you would keep Joel in?

If Joel has another bad game then I'd consider it but there's a few I'd drop before him.
I thought the Medhurst matchup was v poor last week. Joel plays taller than that.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »
Not disagreeing Magic (I think Tuck will hold his place though) but you would keep Joel in?

If Joel has another bad game then I'd consider it but there's a few I'd drop before him.
I thought the Medhurst matchup was v poor last week. Joel plays taller than that.

agreed 100% bowden vrs medhurst. king vrs shannon grant.

notice a trend?? bowden is playing poor but on pavlich he will do better than most of the othersd.

one more bad game and yes drop him but this week id drop johnson b4 him to be honest..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »
Thursfield is the key matchup for Pavlich & should hold him to at least 2 goals cause the lad is playing well
its finger biting Farmer  ;D we need to tag or knock the little black sucker out  :thumbsup dirty prick he is,  l hope Kingy gives him some black eyes  ;D  :lol & knocks his whitey teeth out just for measure,  if l was coach they would be my instructions to dump him hard cause he will do it to his opponant at any chance he will take you out, Tuck & Johnson on the Carr dudes & Jackson to take Black & that will free up our midfielders The Dangerous McPharlin needs to be matchup good his a very good player & Tarrant well you can put anyone on him cause he wont hurt us  :lol

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
I just finished watching the game as i was at Coburg and couldnt go.

My thoughts are play Richo at CHF but starting from the square and he should to work between the 50m arcs.

Lids to play in the middle from the start along with Foley, Tambo, Tuck, Sugar and Newman.

King on the wing

My opinion is that we really are struggling for a hit up target coming out of defence. Richo playing between the arcs can help this. Along with the Ruckman they need to work hard to provide a target for the rebounders to hit up.

Playing Richo High will allow Hughes, Brown, Morton and or Jack to play into space and mark on the lead.

We need a better structure up forward, there are far too many bombs into our fwd 50 which dont even look like resulting in a score.

Wasnt far off the mark there!!!!

Richo worked well around the ground and he is so hard to beat overhead when is running back towards goals.