Author Topic: Changes for Freo game?  (Read 6257 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for Freo game?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 07:48:02 AM »
what do u know jack?

and wp, about putt, if he has a bad game, u dont throw the knives at him, u educate and nurture him and show him where he can improve

last yr, patto ok he had a bit more experience, but he was thrown in the deep end and intitally was dreadfull, but he quickly learned and adapted, putt and all our kids will be the same

wallace take risks!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 08:17:42 AM »
Out Wallace .In. Anyone with half a brain :thumbsup

Said I wouldn't comment until after rnd 10 - Hope that's not to late  :shh

Round 12 the door will slam :shh

With who taking over then?

If we win less than 5 games I cant see him going on AT ALL but I also dont see the value in kicking him out mid-season.  Let him finish off the year and then start fresh with a new coach.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
 This is what needs to be done in my opinion.

OUT until as long as it takes. ( until they show skill desire and passion to win. )

Brown Tuck Tiv Johston Pettifer Polak Bowden Maybe even Richo (skills based only.)

IN week after week until above show anything slightly encouraging worthy of a position.

INS

Riewolt Edwards Rance Connors White Casserly Putt Hughes any others i may have missed And Newman Captain.

I would prefer to what us loose games with our new young guns and finish last if thats what has to happens.I am sick of watching  the more senior players loose games as they did in 2007.

Patto was thrown in the deep end in 2007 and i think he has come out the otherside a verry good young player lets see what the other young kids can do.

I also believe that Wallace may take the heat off himself by doing this, explaining how young his list is.  He has changed our list now let them play.  :banghead :gotigers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »
Yeah lets play Graham and Putt.

That'll work.

Fools.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »
ur the fool
it will fast track their development.  they wont play any worse than the pathetic senior group we have

Little Jackie

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »
Out Wallace .In. Anyone with half a brain :thumbsup

Said I wouldn't comment until after rnd 10 - Hope that's not to late  :shh

Round 12 the door will slam :shh

With who taking over then?

If we win less than 5 games I cant see him going on AT ALL but I also dont see the value in kicking him out mid-season.  Let him finish off the year and then start fresh with a new coach.

I see great merit in sacking mid season.
Hopefully some winning spirit can be then introduced and we can finish the season on a good note

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:27 PM »
Theres no point playing kids like Rance in the coburg 2s.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 08:35:25 PM »

yes yes and yes.
what a waste of time. wallace and his decisions have run this list to the state its in now.

he seems to look after his own interests instead of playing the kids.

cant wait to see the back of him
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:41 PM »
the club needs to find specific match ups down back for young defenders like Rance in AFL senior action, at some stage you gotta play the kids in the big action to see if they can play. the coburg 2s fair dinkum, those boys are probably drinking beers and eating pies during the course of the game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 09:22:45 PM »
and wp, about putt, if he has a bad game, u dont throw the knives at him, u educate and nurture him and show him where he can improve

I am not talking about the coaches X - I was referring to the supporters.

We expect so much from our younger players that we want them to be world beaters at 18. I don't want to see the kid play a game, struggle and then see knives come out after 1 or 2 games
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »
sorry fair enough wp

well tiger supporters can be as dumb as some of their players.

cant beleive all the poo tambling is getting from tiger fans, he needs our support not bashing.

speaking for myself, i would not be upset if we played the kids and lost week in week out as long as they are having a dip.

we cant do any worse than last yr, so why persist with a formular of proven failures

all i expect from the kids is to have a dip and learn

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

speaking for myself, i would not be upset if we played the kids and lost week in week out as long as they are having a dip.

we cant do any worse than last yr, so why persist with a formular of proven failures

all i expect from the kids is to have a dip and learn

Agree with that 100%

I'd love to see more kids play but I am mindful of some of them not being ready.

I watched Putt in VFL seniors praccy match the other week, he played in the ruck and against the bigger body player he was pushed out of the contest to easily.

I would hope Rance gets an opportunity to play Coburg seniors soon. I have no doubt he will play senior AFL footy this year just needs to match fit
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
agree with rance, his big enough , better developed than most of our mature player, as soon as he is match fit he should be in

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
Play the kids and play them for most of the game.
Nuture the lids and help the kids learn so that they become mature footballers.
Problem with our kids is they have no one of any substance to learn from down at Tigerland as our senior core are too self indulgent in themselves hence our kids always develop slower than kids from other clubs.
Is it the recruiting? No
Is it the kids and their attitude? Don't think so either
I just feel the kids are not entrusted with the responsibilities at this level as much as they should be by the coaching staff to self preserve the damage on the scoreboard with bigger bodies of seasoned campaigners on match day as well as giving those in charge the opportunity to provide a positive to the us that the kids are up and coming yet they never receive a game or they get one when it does not count for the club nor for the kid. No benefit for anybody.
Senior core has failed time and time again and has taken us nowhere except given us a few memorable moments in the past that are all too infrequent now.

Terry Play the Kids. Play the Kids. Play the Kids. Play the Kids. Play the Kids. :pray

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »

yes yes and yes.
what a waste of time.

That's your opinion.  It's beneficial to develop our youngster physically as well as mentally.  The club won't devuldge whether Rance has issues, will they?  Polo is a perfect example of 'earning' his position.  I don't need to go into a long winded explanation on where he started and where he finished. ;)  As long as we don't have a long list of injuries our player need to be developed according to a plan, instead of being fast tracked into the Richmond side and they play poorly and then kids get the crap bagged out of them on the forums because we think they are not good enough.