Author Topic: Changes for Freo game?  (Read 6258 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Changes for Freo game?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »
Gas  would not touch a the crispy critter X hahaah  :rollin :lol get it crispy critter

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »
lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 09:23:02 PM »
Out:  Petts (susp.), Tivs, Polak

In: Hughes, Polo, Riewoldt

Yep get Richo on a wing. Start Lids in the midfield.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »

Riewoldt can kick as many goals as he wants for Coburg, but he's lost at AFL level.

If Hughes gets a run, he'll develop as a AFL footballer. Riewoldt wont.

So save your knives for Richo. If he kicks a bag this week, you'll be falling over yourselves to tell the world what a superstar he is and how you hope he never retires.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »
and casserly

Coming back from injury - so he is a NO

and collins

Agree play him

and gus

see above - coming back from injury

and putt

Not ready.... if we were to play Putt and he didn't have a good game people would be jumping up and down saying wasted draft pick etc... let's give this kid time to develop
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 10:03:37 PM »
So save your knives for Richo. If he kicks a bag this week, you'll be falling over yourselves to tell the world what a superstar he is and how you hope he never retires.
I'm not blaming Richo (even though he did have a shocker on Sunday) for our lazy idiotic midfielders always going to him. They act as though the opposition defenders aren't there when they kick it. On Sunday I had a good view behind one play where a Tiger ran out of the middle 15m on his own and kicked what would've been a perfect flat pass to Richo on the lead. Problem was there were 3 Collingwood defenders in the way of the path of the ball before he even kicked it ::). Blind Freddy could see the ball would never get to Richo. Just sick of our mids using Richo as an easy out when they have the ball instead of being able to find the best freer option. Blame also our lazy half-forward flankers (hello Kayne) for not presenting into space nor providing pressure inside 50 to keep the ball in. We start every bounce with 5 or 6 forwards yet when the ball goes forward where are our flankers  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 10:06:01 PM »
Out:  Petts (susp.), Tivs, Polak

In: Hughes, Polo, Riewoldt

Yep get Richo on a wing. Start Lids in the midfield.

And dont start Foley in the forward pocket.   :help
EAT EM ALIVE!

Little Jackie

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »
Out Wallace .In. Anyone with half a brain :thumbsup

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »
I just finished watching the game as i was at Coburg and couldnt go.

My thoughts are play Richo at CHF but starting from the square and he should to work between the 50m arcs.

Lids to play in the middle from the start along with Foley, Tambo, Tuck, Sugar and Newman.

King on the wing

My opinion is that we really are struggling for a hit up target coming out of defence. Richo playing between the arcs can help this. Along with the Ruckman they need to work hard to provide a target for the rebounders to hit up.

Playing Richo High will allow Hughes, Brown, Morton and or Jack to play into space and mark on the lead.

We need a better structure up forward, there are far too many bombs into our fwd 50 which dont even look like resulting in a score.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 10:30:27 PM »
Out (In)

Pettifer (Riewoldt) ... Tivendale (Hughes) ... Polak (Polo) ... McMahon (Edwards) ... White (McGuane)

Forward Line (which is the massive problem)

Morton, Hughes, Richardson (he handballs to a running player or kicks to his target man riewoldt)

Brown, Riewoldt, Edwards

Target Men: Cleve @ CHF and Jack @ FF

Jack, starts deep in the square and doesn't lead untill players are near the 50 metre line ...

Morton in front leading to move out with his opponent ...

Edwards ... on the pockets and keep out of Jack's way ... ball hits the ground ... thats when Shane comes to play ...

everyone up the ground's Target is Cleve ... if no good ... Matthew and Mitch ...

Brown plays small ... not a leading forward ...

we do this ... and we will be a lot better

Midfield ...

Deledio, Foley, Tambling, Jackson, Newman

that is it

Pattison and Simmonds

Johnson in a back pocket

and Tuck on the bench or at Coburg ...

so over Tuck and hasn't been himself since 2005 ... where the f*** has his long kicking gone ???

get rid of him or tell him to kick the football long and f***ing pick up a man

whole team ... you don't chase or tackle or put no pressure ... off ...

Little Jackie

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »

My thoughts are play Richo at CHF but starting from the square and he should to work between the 50m arcs.

Lids to play in the middle from the start along with Foley, Tambo, Tuck, Sugar and Newman.

King on the wing

My opinion is that we really are struggling for a hit up target coming out of defence. Richo playing between the arcs can help this. Along with the Ruckman they need to work hard to provide a target for the rebounders to hit up.

Playing Richo High will allow Hughes, Brown, Morton and or Jack to play into space and mark on the lead.

We need a better structure up forward, there are far too many bombs into our fwd 50 which dont even look like resulting in a score.

Might have a job for you next year :shh

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 10:53:22 PM »

King on the wing

Couldnt have written it better myself.  :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »
I'm not blaming Richo (even though he did have a shocker on Sunday) for our lazy idiotic midfielders always going to him. They act as though the opposition defenders aren't there when they kick it. On Sunday I had a good view behind one play where a Tiger ran out of the middle 15m on his own and kicked what would've been a perfect flat pass to Richo on the lead. Problem was there were 3 Collingwood defenders in the way of the path of the ball before he even kicked it ::). Blind Freddy could see the ball would never get to Richo. Just sick of our mids using Richo as an easy out when they have the ball instead of being able to find the best freer option. Blame also our lazy half-forward flankers (hello Kayne) for not presenting into space nor providing pressure inside 50 to keep the ball in. We start every bounce with 5 or 6 forwards yet when the ball goes forward where are our flankers  ???.

If every other forward we have ran as hard and presented as much as Richo, we may lick to him less. Not his fault for wanting the ball. Lids cant be bothered most of the time. Browny does but only when it suits him.

Problem is not Richo, its our ball movement. We dont get the ball into our 50 quickly enough and a hard running team (Pies, Roos) man up.

We fall down at HB. We need to move the ball quicker from there. We mess around, dont know what to do, handball backwards blah blah.

Too many team problems to lay at the foot of one of our few match winners

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 11:36:23 PM »
Out Wallace .In. Anyone with half a brain :thumbsup

Said I wouldn't comment until after rnd 10 - Hope that's not to late  :shh

Little Jackie

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 01:11:38 AM »